Perfect Game set a new record for the tenth consecutive year following the 2011 MLB draft. Of the 1,530 players selected, 1,323 had attended a Perfect Game event, and 294 of the first 331 picks were Perfect Game alumni. Many of these alumni had participated in multiple Perfect Game tournaments, showcases and/or leagues.
In the past ten years, 9,073 Perfect Game participants have been chosen in the MLB First-Year Player Draft. However, these figures do not account for the many Latin American free agents who participate in Perfect Game showcases and tournaments and then sign with Major League clubs. One can only imagine how many Perfect Game alumni will ultimately reach their dream of playing Major League Baseball down the road.
Perfect Game does not take any credit for the numerous outstanding players selected in the draft or the many more who go on to play college baseball. Perfect Game simply provides talented players a means to be identified and evaluated closely while competing with and against the best worldwide. Perfect Game identifies players, provides an opinion, and then lets Major League scouts and college coaches form their own.
MLB scouts and college coaches make the most important decisions, and luckily, they follow what we do very closely - not only in person, but online as well.
Draft fast facts
Perfect Game has more talented players in attendance than any other organization. The proof is in the results.
- All 70 players selected on Day 1 of the 2023 MLB draft had attended a PG event
- Over 95% of all players selected in the 2023 MLB draft had attended a PG event
- 22 Perfect Game All-Americans were selected on Day 1 of the 2023 MLB Draft
- Since the game’s inception in 2003, 10 Perfect Game All-Americans have been selected with the first overall pick: Jackson Holliday (2022), Royce Lewis (2017), Mickey Moniak (2016), Brady Aiken (2014), Carlos Correa (2012), Gerrit Cole (2011), Bryce Harper (2010), Tim Beckham (2008), Justin Upton (2005), and Matt Bush (2004)
- Currently more than 2,000 players who had previously participated at a Perfect Game event had player in Major League Baseball and 14,446 have been drafted with hundreds of thousands going to play in college