Perfect Game is looking for qualified applicants (see qualifications below) to work during the WWBA and BCS tournaments. To view the 2014 tournament schedule, please click here
- The primary responsibility of this position is to make sure everything runs smooth at the field you are assigned to. In most cases, the scout/field manager will be the only person present from Perfect Game. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to confirming the field is ready for play (most fields will have a grounds crew present to prep the field), confirm umpires are on the property prior to games and on field prior to the start time, confirm both teams are present and ready to start play at the official start time, and to make sure all games start on time.
- The other main responsibility of the position is to score/complete each game using the GameChanger software. This includes scoring every play of the game and getting every substitution change and pitch recorded. This also includes taking ample scouting notes on the players and recording each pitch type and velocity. These tasks are completed using the GameChanger application on a provided iPad.
- All scout/field managers are to present themselves in a professional manner with teams, parents, players, scouts, college coaches, umpires, field crews, etc. You are representing Perfect Game at these events and there will be no exceptions.
TWO-STEP INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Experience in scouting and scorekeeping required. Playing/coaching experience preferred.
PERFECT GAME WILL COVER:
- The first step is the initial interview which will be conducted by one of the Tournament Directors over the phone.
- The second step consists of scoring five innings of the 2012 Perfect Game All American Classic and taking scouting notes on various videos of players. These videos will be provided via email.
- Hotel accommodations during tournament
- Per game compensation (three to four games per day)
Interested applicants should forward their cover letter and resume to Justin Amidon at