Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » 2013 Preseason College All-America teams

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
1/21/2013 10:23:29 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
FYI:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=7916

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
1/21/2013 10:39:49 AM

airjeffdude
airjeffdude
Not sure how you couldn't include any South Carolina players when the team is stacked and could make a run at the CWS again this year. Just curious why certain players got left off
0 permalink
1/21/2013 11:21:09 AM

HSF
HSF
That pitching staff at UCLA with Plutko, Berg, Vander Tuig, Deeter, Virant is going to be almost unfair this year.
That is my preseason pick to win it all.
0 permalink
1/21/2013 11:25:58 AM

HSF
HSF
airjeffdude wrote:
Not sure how you couldn't include any South Carolina players when the team is stacked and could make a run at the CWS again this year. Just curious why certain players got left off

Instead of the broad criticism of KR’s selections why not make a case for the South Carolina players that you believe should be on the team.

Gamecocks will be loaded again, but I don’t see one person on KR’s list that should be replaced.

Not having a preseason All-American can sometimes be compliment, it means that the overall team is rounded as a opposed to having one or two superstars. Or it could mean that you don’t have any good players at all.

In South Carolina’s case it is the former.
0 permalink
1/21/2013 1:46:37 PM

airjeffdude
airjeffdude
Well for one, Grayson Greiner at C will gun down anyone, Tyler Webb had ice in his veins pitching at the CWS as a relief pitcher both are going to put up big numbers this season
0 permalink
1/21/2013 3:34:26 PM

HSF
HSF
Absolutely, a great case certainly could be made for Tyler Webb, dude is legit….but again you’re going to have to take someone off of the team then.

But Grayson Greiner, c’mon.

He hit .222 last year.

He certainly has the skill set for a breakout offensive year in 2013, but if you are going to start electing All-American catchers simply based on arm strength then that would be re-writing how All-American teams are selected in general.

Not to mention that Garver and Ty Ross both had better seasons than Griener did last year.
edited by HSF on 1/21/2013
0 permalink
1/22/2013 11:30:11 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
I actually think Greiner is a fantastic catcher and will have a great year, but there were others, at least in preseason and projection, that deserved it more, IMO.

South Carolina will be just fine.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
1/22/2013 3:33:23 PM

HSF
HSF
Absolutely, I agree

Griener will have a great year, but you can't take Garver or Ross off of that list right now for him.
0 permalink
1/28/2013 11:59:52 AM

BTExpress
BTExpress
Administrator
I've been up at the cages with Greiner a few times in the off season. He's been working hard on allowing the pitch to get deeper in the strike zone due to his quick hands. He was hitting to much out front last season. Watched him Saturday at the inter-squad scrimmage and he was going opposite field. Should be interesting to see how it plays out for him.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » 2013 Preseason College All-America teams