Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Stay hot, Cal Poly

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/2/2014 11:06:25 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
This is the first time all year they have played five straight games against top 100 teams, and they are 1-4.
0 permalink
5/2/2014 11:09:06 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
MB, I really haven't followed Cal Poly. What are their supposed strenghts? Pitching? Hitting?
0 permalink
5/2/2014 11:12:23 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Supposedly pitching, but it's really hard to tell when you don't challenge yourself.
0 permalink
5/2/2014 11:15:20 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I haven't had a chance to check the D1 Baseball board. With all of the rain in Florida over the last several days, are they able to get much baseball in this weekend?
0 permalink
5/2/2014 11:22:54 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
BeaverBob wrote:
I haven't had a chance to check the D1 Baseball board. With all of the rain in Florida over the last several days, are they able to get much baseball in this weekend?

We got our game in, but Florida State and South Florida were both rained out.
0 permalink
5/2/2014 11:36:54 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
MB, a question for you regarding UM and why they are in the ACC. I know they were an Independent for some time, at least in Football. What drove them into the ACC instead of the SEC? The same for FSU?
0 permalink
5/2/2014 11:46:32 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
The ACC as a group is a much better fit. Academically we align with the ACC schools much better than with the glorified junior colleges in the SEC. Also, our alumni demographic is about as un-South as it gets. We have alums up the east coast, not in Arkansas and Tennessee.
0 permalink
5/2/2014 11:47:10 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
As for FSU, I don't think they or Florida want any part of being in the same conference as the other one.
0 permalink
5/2/2014 11:50:44 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks. I was thinking it was driven primarily by academics, but wasn't sure. I know that Boise State has tried to move to the Pac 12 but has been denied due to its academic reputation.

MiamiBaseball wrote:
The ACC as a group is a much better fit. Academically we align with the ACC schools much better than with the glorified junior colleges in the SEC. Also, our alumni demographic is about as un-South as it gets. We have alums up the east coast, not in Arkansas and Tennessee.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Stay hot, Cal Poly