Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/2/2014 10:14:11 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Came across this, Yeah, most local beavs probably saw this, but thought FB might get a kick out of this. Looks like Horton is drinking the OSU Cool Aid. Ha. Well, heck he probably wants them ranked #1, what an excuse to getting their butts kicked. http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/04/oregon_coach_george_horton_say.html
+2 permalink
5/2/2014 11:47:40 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Horton has shown a bit of class this year, I appreciated him letting Cleavinger know his actions weren't ok (screaming F*** you at the Beaver dugout and spiking the ball at the end of the 4 run inning he blew) and apologizing to Casey after the game.
+1 permalink
5/2/2014 1:35:00 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
He knows he has to keep on working.. that the challenge and litmus test is 40 miles up the road. Not a bad place to be, and also the pay is good. lol
+1 permalink
5/2/2014 1:36:44 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
Horton has shown a bit of class this year, I appreciated him letting Cleavinger know his actions weren't ok (screaming F*** you at the Beaver dugout and spiking the ball at the end of the 4 run inning he blew) and apologizing to Casey after the game.

Hats off to the beavs to dismantle Cleave. I watched him when he pitched versus Rice in the Regional final at PK, he seemed to have lost his mojo right then and there. Has not got it back since if you ask me. Gold pitched a hell of a game, and came out with nothing.
0 permalink
5/2/2014 7:21:27 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I like Coach Hodor. He has shown some great character over the last few seasons. And this...

"After all three losses, Horton held court with his team for around 30 minutes. He kept a calm demeanor when speaking to his guys, exuding a composure that often times his team lacked over the weekend"

...contrasts greatly with that other former CSU Fullerton coach currently at Texas who berated his team on camera in the locker room a few years back with every expletive known to man (and a few known only to bovines) in the angriest coaching tirade I have ever seen. Not my style. I hope the Ducks pull it together and run the table for the rest of the season.

Editor mode now: "They reverted back to the attitude that once had the Ducks biting at the heals of the Beavers and Huskies for first place in the Pac-12."

Ducks should not bite someone's heals. Heal thyself!
0 permalink
5/2/2014 10:10:31 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Sounds like Fullerton's current coach is also a yeller. Does anybody know his status?

Dodger Matt wrote:
I like Coach Hodor. He has shown some great character over the last few seasons. And this...

"After all three losses, Horton held court with his team for around 30 minutes. He kept a calm demeanor when speaking to his guys, exuding a composure that often times his team lacked over the weekend"

...contrasts greatly with that other former CSU Fullerton coach currently at Texas who berated his team on camera in the locker room a few years back with every expletive known to man (and a few known only to bovines) in the angriest coaching tirade I have ever seen. Not my style. I hope the Ducks pull it together and run the table for the rest of the season.

Editor mode now: "They reverted back to the attitude that once had the Ducks biting at the heals of the Beavers and Huskies for first place in the Pac-12."

Ducks should not bite someone's heals. Heal thyself!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State