Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » College Baseball vs College Football

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/1/2013 4:47:58 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Which one do you guys like more. I grew up watching nothing but LSU football when I was younger up to now. I'm 24 now, but I didnt really even keep up with LSU Baseball until I was 17 or so. Its just seems lately that I'm starting to enjoy college baseball more than college football. Now for most LSU fans college football is king. I live in Alabama too so you know thats all I hear about. But man it just seems like college football isnt played with heart anymore.

You guys always hear me say that college baseball is a hidden gem, and a gem is exactly what it is. I want nothing more these days than to watch college baseball. I'm fortunate enough to be able to watch almost every LSU game through LSU's Geaux Zone, but I also enjoy watching all the SEC and PAC-12 matchups on TV. There is just nothing better than getting off work on a Friday night and watching LSU begin that weekend series. Call me crazy but I think I'm beginning to love it more than the football.

I'm not sure how you PAC-12 guys feel, but in a part of the country where football is king, I'm very interested to hear from my SEC buddies. Now I will say that the first kickoff in the fall is something special, but I dont think there is anything better than that February afternoon first pitch.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
+2 permalink
5/1/2013 6:45:09 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Tough call, outside of last year football is a ton of fun! But I do love this time of year.
0 permalink
5/1/2013 7:49:25 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
I love football the most, but if the season starts to tank, I look forward to baseball season.

Maybe someday basketball will get in the mix... 20+ years of failing to achieve mediocrity does that to a fanbase!
+2 permalink
5/1/2013 8:07:28 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Would you rather be awesome (championship caliber) at one sport or good at all of the big 3??
0 permalink
5/1/2013 11:07:32 PM

beaverstate69
beaverstate69
College baseball ranks right up with football for me anymore. More tv coverage and having northern schools make some noise in the tournament has increased the appeal for me tenfold. I've also gained more appreciation for baseball as I've grown older, it's a tough sport to play at a high level. It will never appeal to the masses like football, but I agree it is a hidden gem with a lot of potential for growth on a national level. I still enjoy basketball too, but the one and done aspect has caused me to lose some interest, along with the fact the Beavers haven't been relevant for 20+ years.
0 permalink
5/2/2013 4:41:33 AM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
I think LSU has a basketball team that is capable of making a tournament run every 4 or 5 years. I actually follow everything at LSU including tennis and golf. To answer your question though hogfan, I think I would rather have all three good, because if you are good enough and catch lightning in a bottle then you are good enough to win a title. I like the state of LSU athletics though. We are competitive in every sport and IMO good enough in football and baseball every year to have a shot at a title.

--
0 permalink
5/2/2013 4:42:10 AM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Maybe when football season comes around ill have a different tune but man baseball is fun to watch.
edited by LSU_Blake on 5/2/2013

--
0 permalink
5/2/2013 7:52:10 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I would say that I am one of the very few that looks forward to the LSU Baseball season more than football. I follow all LSU sports and try to be informed on how all the teams are doing but Baseball is the top for me. I'm sure it has something to do with growing up during the incredible run in the 90's. I'm with you Blake, there is nothing better than starting the weekend right and catching the game, and then spending a saturday afternoon listening to the game on the radio and getting things done around the house. I actually enjoy listening to the game on the radio more than watching it on tv, I don't know why.

Some of my favorite sports memories from my time at LSU was going to the games in '05, '06, '07 in our down years and watching the team struggle then seeing the resurgence in '08. Baseball and spring, the best time of the year.
+1 permalink
5/2/2013 12:39:05 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
No doubt. I love Hawthornes play by play of the games. I watch the majority on geaux zone though. Every game in hd and I usually hook my computer up to the TV and watch it. But you are right when you say there is nothing better than listening to it on the radio while grilling or whatever.

--
0 permalink
5/2/2013 1:47:36 PM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Yea, I usually do the same thing with my computer and tv.

Well, I'm getting married this weekend so I'll be out of commission for the next 2 weekends and next week. Luckily with the game times this weekend I should be able to catch most of this series, unless the rain screws up tonight. I hope to see 2 SEC series wins when I get back, maybe even a sweep or 2. With a little luck Vandy drops some games and we have a shot at the SEC title going into the last weekend.
0 permalink
5/3/2013 10:09:07 AM

borgguy
borgguy
Dont get me wrong, I LOVE collge football, but I follow college baseball a lot more closely. maybe it has something to do with the fact that our baseball team has achieved success that neither our football or basketball teams have any time recently. but even when i was growing up, I played baseball more than any of the other sports, I used to go to Beaver Baseball games every weekend with my friends when my family had a 7 sports pass that included baseball, so my friend and I would ride our bikes down to Coleman Field (before it was Goss) and take in a double header.
I think OpihiMan said recently that baseball, more than any other sport, relies on nostalgia. the smell of the grass, and the dirt mixed with popcorn and hot dogs, the feel of the sun on your face, the sound of the bat, it takes us back to a simpler time and when you are at the ballpark, it seems like there is no worry in the world beyond getting this guy out, or advancing the runner.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » College Baseball vs College Football