Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

GR - all messages by user

3/27/2011 5:41:37 PM
Topic:
What stood out to you the most this weekend?

GR
GR
Georgia winning the series against LSU
MSU sweeping Auburn
Southern Miss looking very strong lately and being 4-1 against ranked teams.
GT sweeping Miami
ASU looking strong against Zona
College of Charleston tanking
South Carolina coming on very strong and taking down Florida
3/27/2011 8:05:16 PM
Topic:
National Player of the Week?

GR
GR
Impressive. USM pitcher Geoffrey Thomas pitched a complete game shutout today giving up 1 hit to Tulane.
3/29/2011 12:09:45 PM
Topic:
My national seeds/hosts as of right now (3/29)

GR
GR
MoreCowbell23 wrote:
If that holds true, I'd love to see Mississippi State play at Southern Miss. It's only about a 30 minute drive from my house and it would probably be a pro-MSU crowd.

I seriously doubt it would be pro-MSU. It would be more of a 60/40 split USM. But I too would love to see at least one other MS school in the Hattiesburg regional if there is one.
3/31/2011 5:39:45 PM
Topic:
**Weekend Series Predictions: Your picks?**

GR
GR
1 Vanderbilt at Auburn - Vandy 2/3
Oregon at 7 Arizona State - ASU sweep
Texas Tech at 12 Oklahoma - OU 2/3
25 Clemson at 16 North Carolina - Clemson 2/3
Arkansas at Alabama - Bama 2/3
Mississippi at 17 LSU - LSU 2/3
19 Oregon State at 18 Arizona - OSU 2/3
14 Stanford at Washington State - Stanford sweep
22 Southern Miss at UCF - USM 2/3
St. John's at Connecticut - Conn 2/3
Oklahoma State at Nebraska - Neb 2/3
Liberty at Coastal Carolina - Coastal sweep
Mississippi State at Georgia - MSU 2/3
Purdue at Minnesota - Minn 2/3
Texas A&M at Kansas State - A&M 2/3
4/3/2011 9:05:40 PM
Topic:
What was the weekend's biggest surprise?

GR
GR
Southern Miss jumping to #2 in the RPI with a sweep at UCF was one surprise. Georgia looks very impressive right now considering their start.
5/29/2011 3:35:41 PM
Topic:
HOSTS: NCAA throws curveball on one site

GR
GR
1whoknows wrote:
I feel sorry for any teams that have to face UCLA. They will carve up any teams from the east w/ their pitching.

That's some kind of stupid statement. The West coast sucked this year. The East coast dominated this year and that is evident through records. The committee has been on a run the last couple of years of trying to balance the regionals by geography and they took that to the next level this year. 8 sites east of the Mississippi and 8 sites west.

Btw, the southeast posted a 27-10 record versus the West coast.
3/12/2012 1:36:34 PM
Topic:
PG TOP 50: The latest rankings (3.12)

GR
GR
Why do you have Miss State so high? They have serious problems at the plate and on defense, and added to that their best players are injured.
4/3/2012 12:01:18 PM
Topic:
PGPR: The latest power rankings (3.28)

GR
GR
Yarbourgh is really killing it this year at the plate and in the field. With him being a switch hitter, I'd have to think his stock is rising with scouts.

Kendall, how far is Bobby Wahl away from making your list. After going 8 innings of 2 hit shutout ball against Florida, he's 5-0 with a 1.91 era on the year.
5/3/2012 9:37:58 AM
Topic:
Kendall

GR
GR
Hope you have a great weekend in Oxford. We are expecting some 10k+ crowds this weekend. Venture to the outfield for some beer and grillables.
6/12/2012 7:12:30 PM
Topic:
Recruiting - Ole Miss

GR
GR
Kendall, I've been trying to gather a list of the Rebels' recruits for this year but am having some difficulties locating them all. Any way you could post a list of their names? So far I have:

Zach Irwin
Matt Denny
Jacob Waguespack
Christian Helsel
Cameron Dishon
Brady Bramlett
Chase Nyman

Am I missing more. Any help?
edited by GR on 6/12/2012
edited by GR on 6/12/2012
6/19/2012 6:56:04 PM
Topic:
Recruiting - Ole Miss

GR
GR
Thanks Kendall.

Looks like Zach Irwin will be going the JUCO route since he didn't pass school
10/24/2012 7:30:57 PM
Topic:
State of Mississippi

GR
GR
Kendall, what is your outlook for USM, MSU, and UM? USM returns its top 8 arms and a future 1st rounder in Robbins, plus a ton of talent that is no longer freshman. MSU basically returns everyone not named Stratton and Reed. OM returns Wahl, Meyers, Mathis, and some other solid players. I'm expecting all 3 to solidly make a regional with either MSU or USM possibly hosting a regional. UM might be the worst of the 3, which pains me to say.

Speaking of which, do you think this is Bianco's last season. He's lost the entire fanbase. He did a great job building the program up to a national contender, a beautiful ballpark, a top 5 atmosphere, etc but can't seem to win at a high level which this program should be doing by now.

Thanks for your input. Can't wait for February!
pages: 1