Perfect Game Forum

hogfan4life - all messages by user

4/13/2013 9:39:19 PM
Topic:
SEC Matchups/Predictions/Scoreboard 4/11-4/14

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Couple of things:

Florida sweeps USCe, that is a shocker, big time. Florida climbs back over .500.

A&M is struggling and on the flip side MSU seems to he finding a groove. Glad we got them out of the way already.

Kentucky will have to fight to keep from losing back to back series. Kendall had them hosting in his projections. I've got to imagine a series loss to the Vols would knock them from that perch.

USCe will no longer he projected as a host so that will open a spot for someone. Who will get it? If Hogs win tomorrow I would sure think consideration would be given there. Who knows though, we may not he high enough on the RPI. (Ridiculous)
4/14/2013 7:24:44 AM
Topic:
LSU vs Arkansas thread

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Fant got knocked out early at Alabama so I hope he bounces back today. Tough lineup to bounce back against. Glad to see we ended Bregs hitting streak. I think his on base streak continues since he walked once. It doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme, but I like to look at the total runs scored and after two games it's 10-9 in Arkansas favor. Coming into the series I was thinking the winner of the series would need a 4 run average per game. Unless its a low scoring Sunday each team should surpass that mark.
4/14/2013 3:19:38 PM
Topic:
LSU vs Arkansas thread

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Was a terrible call but wouldn't have mattered other than maybe changing a batting approach. Sad to keep a hitting team at bay for two full games pretty much only to have you best closer get tagged for a couple hits.

We had 1st and 3rd and nobody out in the fourth. Vinson hits a bullet that would have scored one but instead it nails the freaking pitcher and they throw the runner out at home. I said right there, the game was over. Baseball gods were looking over LSU shoulder at that point.
4/14/2013 6:58:11 PM
Topic:
LSU vs Arkansas thread

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I've never seen him personally do anything that would make me think that. I think he demands perfection whether that be from players, umpires or his assistant coaches. That can come across as a jerk sometimes. I think it's crap he got tossed today. That umpire made an extremely questionable call in a major point in the game. You have got to let a coach vent, you can't toss a guy as he's running towards you. I didn't watch the post game and probably won't. Nothing in there I care to see. Series is over and time to look towards Nebraska midweek.
4/14/2013 6:59:30 PM
Topic:
SEC Weekend Recap and SEC Rankings

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
The east is just pretty mediocre outside of Vandy.
4/14/2013 8:33:12 PM
Topic:
LSU vs Arkansas thread

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I've heard he's much calmer than he was when he was at Nebraska.
4/15/2013 10:57:45 AM
Topic:
LSU vs Arkansas thread

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Hedge, he struggled bad with command. Worked a lead off walk in the first and never looked back. You could tell that frustrated him.
4/15/2013 7:37:27 PM
Topic:
More Home Runs Than Strikeouts

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
That's impressive!
4/17/2013 11:21:37 AM
Topic:
SEC Predictions/Scoreboard 4/18-4/21

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
The last time USCe was swept they came back with a vengeance. I see them over Kentucky 2-1.

LSU 2-1, I think Bama sneaks one Subday but could see this being a sweep.

Vandy sweeps

A&M 2-1 over Hogs. We are playing dreadful baseball right now. Van Horn's teams are unbelievably consistent every year we are terrible in the mid to late season and we are at it again.

State is red hit right now, I will actually call a sweep here.

I think I see ole Miss coming around a little. Ill go 2-1 Ole Miss, but could see Tennessee getting the win here.

Florida is getting better each week and they'll win this series as well. I say 2-1.
4/17/2013 11:24:12 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 10

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Ore 2-1
Ariz 2-1
Cal 2-1
USC 2-1
OSU 3-0
ASU 2-1
4/18/2013 10:55:12 AM
Topic:
FIELD OF 64: Latest projections (April 18)

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Wow, that Norman region would be tough!
4/18/2013 11:19:33 AM
Topic:
Ouch

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I was sitting at home and pretty sure I also made an error during these games!
4/18/2013 11:23:04 AM
Topic:
Ouch

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Just goes to show preseason polls are worthless! Guesses at best. This team was supposed to have improved offensively, they haven't. Defense is the worst I've ever seen. 240+ ranking in fielding percentage. Pitching is there, but doesn't matter when you can't score. A pitcher can only keep you in it, he can't win it. Van Horn needs to shift maybe 2 schollies to offense. Or get rid of the hitting coach one. I think he was ahead of the curve for these new bats, but overreacted. I think he tried to go too small ball. You can still hit for some power with these bats. Other teams do it.
4/20/2013 9:57:48 AM
Topic:
Ouch

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
This team scores a couple of runs and it's almost like they just think that's enough to win. You can almost just see them shut it down. Next thing you know they find themselves behind and then their done.

I said it a few post up. Go back over the past 5 years, this is an every year occurrence, we fall flat on our face in April and may. I don't know if this team has the resolve to turn it on down the stretch. I've never seen a team in Hog history that gives up faster than this one. When they get down they just lay down and die. No fight at all.

I called a series loss in the predictions and I will stand by this. This is dreadful baseball right now. Atleast we didn't make any errors last night...
4/21/2013 2:44:28 PM
Topic:

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
USCe sweeps, big sweep for them.

LSU loses Sunday but wins series 2-1. Dangerously close to losing series. They didn't though and that's all that matters.

Vandy loses game 1 but wins the next two easily to go 2-1 vs Georgia.

Hogs are a grand slam away from a sweep. 2-1 over the Ags

State goes 2-1 over the Tigers

Ole Miss gets their 2nd straight sweep.

Florida loses Sunday or would have had their 2nd straight sweep. 2-1 over misery.
4/21/2013 4:45:53 PM
Topic:

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Nah, not after losing both midweek games to Nebraska. I would say yes if they would have just won one of those.

What happen to the Beavs? I saw those scores and just couldn't believe that?
4/21/2013 7:34:22 PM
Topic:

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Yeah, OU this week. Need it for RPI purposes.
4/22/2013 5:44:16 PM
Topic:
Do you guys think North Carolina is legit.

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I think they are very good! But even very good teams get knocked out of regionals or super regionals. But any team that can have their record is impressive I don't care who you play. ACC had the toughest RPI last time I checked. Either way, I they are a good team but who knows if they'll make Omaha, they could run into one hot team and be done.
4/22/2013 6:05:13 PM
Topic:
Hogfan

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I'm good, I get so frustrated with this team. So inconsistent. 12 runs one day 2 the next. The infield has sured up some with a couple recent changes. Bats were better this weekend (28 hits over the final 2 games) and the pitching is still great. This team just has to bring the intensity they brought to the LSU series every weekend and weekday. They get very complacent.

Hosting is still there for this team (regional, not super) but they can't lose anymore series and need at least one sweep out of Georgia or Tennessee.

I've grown used to the close games. They honestly don't bother me too bad anymore. Like I told you when we played two weeks ago, I got more nervouse with that 8-1 lead than I do with. 1-0 or 2-1 lead haha.
4/22/2013 6:08:28 PM
Topic:

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
His name wasn't Perry Costello was it haha? (See CWS game against USC last year)!?
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16