Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

hogfan4life - all messages by user

6/11/2011 9:32:34 PM
Topic:
Beavers/Dores

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Atleast their old people go to the games. I don't think your team is playing bad you're just getting beat by a fantastic baseball team.
6/12/2011 10:07:44 AM
Topic:
Just an observation

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
As some of you may recall I made a post about 1/3 of the way through the season talking about how I didn't think UConn deserved to be ranked. I felt that way much of the season but they continued to win so I let it go and couldn't argue with wins. When the game with USC was coming on ESPN I said I want to watch to see what this Uconn team is all about. After watching them my statement from 1/3 through the year stands. I'm not impressed at all. Here are some observations I got from them.

1. Very cocky, came in to USC's stadium running their mouths whenever they could
2. Not impressed with Barnes at all. If this is the best they have they are in serious trouble. South Carolina knocked the cover off of anything he threw for 4 innings.
3. Barnes is a childish punk. So you strike out 3 batters in the first inning. IT'S JUST THE FIRST INNING, don't go off the field on national TV dropping F-bombs to th crowd. Grow up. Then after getting shelled over the next 4 innings as he goes off the field the crowd is getting on him a little big and he again resorts to dropping F-Bombs to the crowd. Childish.. If i was the big league team that took this guy, I would be very worried right now.
4. Acted like they won the CWS with 1 run in th 1st. I know you haven't been there before, but you still have to act lik you have. Notice USC whn they won the game. Just a hand shake and leave the field.

After the way they acted I hope that USC, droppes 12 or 13 on them today, but they won't because they are respectful.

Other observations-

Vandy looked insanely good
USC looked pretty good as well
UNC looked great in their sweep
ALL the pressure is now on Florida while MS. St. is just having fun, they weren't even suppose to be here.
How about Texas' bats finally waking up. (Where did ASU's go? They scored 29 in 2 games at their regional)
Virginia still looks good.

I wish my Hogs were still in it, but I'm still enjoying watching one of my favorite college sports! Good luck to everbody today!
6/12/2011 10:09:28 AM
Topic:
Kendall, hate to say I told ya so, but....

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
UNC looked very good, congrats!
4/10/2012 1:46:25 PM
Topic:
PG 64: Projecting the NCAA field (4.10) -- ASK Q'S

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I'm a little confused Kendall. Hogs were a host last week, won 2 out of 3 this past weekend. Ole Miss lost 2 out of 3 this weekend an is still projected to host. Hogs are 8th in your rankings verse 19 for Ole Miss. You would think after being a host after the LSU sweep we would stay after LSU then beat Florida, not fall lower in the projections.
4/13/2012 8:18:40 PM
Topic:
Kentucky vs. Arkansas

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Hogs take game 1 thanks to a 2 out 3 RBI triple in the bottom of the eight. Wild game, 8-7 final.
4/14/2012 8:45:58 AM
Topic:
Kentucky vs. Arkansas

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Dodger Matt wrote:
Hogfan, I've always been skeptical of Kentucky because they always seem to rack up high OOC records by paying patsies, but this year's team seems legitimate. What's your take on the Wildcats?

I wasn't able to attend, but I can tell you that Stanek (our Friday night starter) has been awesome and knocked him out in the 4th. Friends at the game said they knock the cover off the ball. A lot of their pitching stats weren't the best to me meaning they have gotten some good breaks along the way. Good teams do that though. After this Friday night game I know it won't be easy to hold them down two more games.
4/16/2012 11:37:55 AM
Topic:
Kentucky vs. Arkansas

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
It was an awesome series. One swing could have changed every game. All three games were decided by one run. Arkansas reward? Dropping from 8 to 16 in the rankings for losing 2 games by 1 run to the #2 team in the country. Seems to me that it should have validated your past rankings Kendall. They couldn't have played any closer withou tying I don't think they deserve that far of a drop. Oh well rankings don't matter until the last week of the season.
4/16/2012 10:10:50 PM
Topic:
Kentucky vs. Arkansas

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
NolesFanJosh wrote:
hogfan4life wrote:
It was an awesome series. One swing could have changed every game. All three games were decided by one run. Arkansas reward? Dropping from 8 to 16 in the rankings for losing 2 games by 1 run to the #2 team in the country. Seems to me that it should have validated your past rankings Kendall. They couldn't have played any closer withou tying I don't think they deserve that far of a drop. Oh well rankings don't matter until the last week of the season.

Exactly. Too many ppl get caught up in rankings and polls way too often in College Baseball, it's the Tournament Projections and resumes of teams that more ppl should be scrutinizing more closely.

Easy to say when your team is red hot Noles fan!! My Hogs go through this slump every year. I don't really understand it. I just hope they get it together quick. Gotta go to ole miss and Florida the next two weekends.
4/30/2012 11:33:30 AM
Topic:
Hog fan ... please post your question again!

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
The jist of it was, this team still looks the part of a top ten team to me. I understand the ranking currently due to a couple of weeks performance/poor hitting. If this team starts gettIng some timely hits I don't see any team that they couldnt beat. Much like early season USCe.

Just wanted to get your thoughts. This pitching staff is nasty, held Florida to 5 runs in 3 games. Where do you see this team IF they can win the series vs. USCe?

Anyways, thanks for the response, look forward to the response!
5/1/2012 1:51:53 PM
Topic:
Hog fan ... please post your question again!

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Thanks again Kendall, enjoy your work and communication with the people on the board.
5/3/2012 12:01:01 PM
Topic:
Hog Trash

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I don't see the link but I assume you are talking about Brian Walker faking being hit at Ole Miss. You are right, several years ago, but he does coach bases for us now after having limited success in the minors.
6/3/2012 11:29:56 AM
Topic:
Rice-Ark Game Sat Nite

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I would like to know too. Their 3rd baseman made an easy play threw the guy out at home and then started taunting our player like he had won the world series. Showed his behind a little bit and it made it that much sweeter to beat losers like that.
6/3/2012 3:26:58 PM
Topic:
Rice-Ark Game Sat Nite

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I admit iwasbt watching but our PbP announcer said he was mouthing. Idk bout the umps though he didn't mention that. Can't imagine unles he felt the home plate ump blew the call?
6/3/2012 7:46:10 PM
Topic:
Day three: Advanced and eliminated

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Hogs advance!

Our pitching was nasty this weekend, 1 earned run the entire regional.
6/4/2012 10:13:49 AM
Topic:
Rice-Ark Game Sat Nite

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Thanks, I joked with a buddy yesterday that the NCAA has decided to let ASU host our super if Baylor loses hah!
6/17/2012 6:24:09 AM
Topic:
CWS predictions

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Riverduck wrote:
I think KS will match up well versus arkansas, but after that, I just don't think they can hang with the bats of Florida

Wrong! DOwn goes another Cinderella.
6/17/2012 12:04:35 PM
Topic:
CWS predictions

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Dodger Matt wrote:
hogfan4life wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
I think KS will match up well versus arkansas, but after that, I just don't think they can hang with the bats of Florida

Wrong! DOwn goes another Cinderella.

Way to make a prediction and then come back and gloat. Uh, you did make a prediction, didn't you?

The cinderellas aren't down yet. Or, maybe they're down, but like Barack said about Michelle, they just haven't gone down all the way. They both get a chance to stay alive. I like Stony Brook's chances against Florida State. And what if Kent State upends #1 seed Florida tomorrow and sends them home 0-2?

I didn't say they went out just down. Which they did. I didn't make predictions I don't have time to be on here a lot, but saw after the game that someone clearly under estimated the talent on this Arkansas team and I called them out. I would have missed picks too because I would have had FSU winning in the 1st round. I'm not sure why when they struggle so mightily here. I like UCLA in that side an honestly don't know about the other. Even as a Hog fan it's hard to go against the magic USC has right now. I do believe one of the two Cinderella stay alive in round 2.
6/18/2012 10:04:19 PM
Topic:
Hogs ....

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I'm curious if you watched the game did anybody else think the announcers were pro USCe? I ask cuz I wanted to throw something through my tv I was so tired of their USC bs. I know it's easy to feel that way when your team is playin.
6/19/2012 12:14:07 PM
Topic:
Hogs ....

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I figured it was probably a little worse since my team was playing. Trust me I know just how amazing that run of wins is an I couldn't be happier for my team. I think what really set me over the edge was when the announcer said the hero of the game should be Webb(USC relief pitcher). Oh well it was a good game that shouldn't be overshadowed by something silly. Good luck to USCe I'm sure we'll meet again! Maybe twice (hopefully not!)
6/20/2012 10:34:59 AM
Topic:
Hogs ....

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Espn would lose it since they always refer to us as the Arizona Razorbacks.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16