Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Irvinebaseballfan - all messages by user

2/17/2011 6:58:17 PM
Topic:
What series//tourney are you looking forward to?

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
Hey Kendall! Good to see you on the interwebs again! Anyhoo, to answer the question, I'll be out at least for the Friday and Saturday games next week for TCU/Fullerton. I'm ruh-heally looking forward to seeing this. You gonna be out there?
2/17/2011 6:59:46 PM
Topic:
Support California College Baseball

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
While I clearly admire and respect what Oregon's done in such a short time, it's tough to put California schools to that challenge when they don't have Nike as their benefactor.
2/17/2011 7:00:39 PM
Topic:
A great new feature: Private Messaging

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
Fantastic! That was sorely missing before.
2/19/2011 3:47:24 PM
Topic:
What series//tourney are you looking forward to?

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
ocaw26 wrote:
Fullerton @ LSU. Two top tier programs going at it.
edited by ocaw26 on 2/19/2011

I'm still toying with heading down for that one. Gotta check with the finances.
2/23/2011 2:30:55 PM
Topic:
Hogs set opening day record at Baum

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
tcu_lusch wrote:
Postal Cock wrote:
tcu_lusch wrote:

Oh yes, they are certainly good number, especially for us. We expanded the stadium by about 800 seats this season, so hopefully we can continue to get good attendance. We were #17 in the country last season, I think we have the potential to climb up to around #13 or so this season.

Next weekend I think TCU will break their three game series record for attendance for the second week in a row as we welcome a great Cal State Fullerton team to town. We have had a nice 4 year series with Cal State Fullerton now. They took the series in Fort Worth in 2008, we took the series in Fullerton in both 2009 and 2010, now they return to Fort Worth for 2011.

Hopefully we can continue to play Fullerton, I know the fans of both teams enjoy the match up.

The weather forecast looks brilliant this weekend in Ft. Worth. 50s on Friday night and 70s Saturday. The only downer is that I'm reading on Rivals that Purke has a blister and may not pitch until Sunday.
2/23/2011 9:37:46 PM
Topic:
Kendall - TCU vs. Fullerton

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
Too bad it's too early for Boyd to have ISRs up. This would be a fun one to run against probabilities.
2/24/2011 9:40:44 AM
Topic:
Kendall - TCU vs. Fullerton

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
I'm pretty bummed that Purke's out on Friday. I've been looking forward to Purke/Ramirez for months. The homework load will dictate whether I can get out on Sunday or not.

So it does take a bit of the luster off for me, but it should still be a great series.
2/24/2011 9:58:26 AM
Topic:
Week 2 Series Predictions -- Who you got?

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
USC/Rice is really intriguing. Maybe we can get a glimpse of just how far the Trojans have come. I don't know much about Rice this year though, so I don't know how much of a measuring stick it is.
3/20/2011 2:50:03 PM
Topic:
Cal dropping bsb, UCSD going D-1

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
Your OP is an interesting choice of words that I have to admit surprised me a bit, Kendall. I don't know that I would indict the entire athletic department so scathingly. And as CWSOmahaGators said, comparing UCSD to Cal is apples and oranges.
3/21/2011 5:03:21 PM
Topic:
Fullerton suspends 8 for Hawaii series

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
So what about the mid-week games with ASU? Are they suspended for those too?
3/22/2011 9:06:30 AM
Topic:
Writers poll

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
rec1347 wrote:
the first WC team doesn't show up until you get to #15 (Irvine) and they're not even in Kendall's top 25.
edited by rec1347 on 3/21/2011

Irvine is a total crapshoot as to what kind of team they are right now. They've been beating up on really easy competition. Some polls are giving them the benefit of the doubt and placing them in the rankings. I think Kendall's on a wait and see pattern until they actually play somebody. Unfortunately, Irvine doesn't have many quality opponents this year.
3/22/2011 1:13:16 PM
Topic:
The new bats make the college game much less fun

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
Runs down 8%, but home runs down 57%. Sounds to me like a return to fundamentals. Me gusta.
3/24/2011 10:42:39 AM
Topic:
Good job, fans! Spread the word ....

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
I wish more people would migrate over, Kendall. Our old buddy has completely overrun the old joint, rendering it nearly unusable. That said, I come here to read your content, but so far, PG lacks the individual fans that can give us the "from the stands" views that no individual could possibly do.

I hope that over time, people figure it out and migrate on over here.
3/29/2011 4:09:44 PM
Topic:
What stood out to you the most this weekend?

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
Either UCI is a total house of cards this year feasting on completely inferior competition or Gonzaga has one hell of an unheralded pitching staff.
4/4/2011 3:18:50 PM
Topic:
Perfect Game site redesign .....

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
The message board looks fine. However, I'm pretty badly colorblind, and it's really hard to read the black text on the multicolored background for your articles. Needs significantly more contrast for me. I can read the bottom of the screen with the light background, but not the top, darker section.
edited by Irvinebaseballfan on 4/4/2011
4/6/2011 2:29:37 PM
Topic:
Regional Projections

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
Kendall, what's your method for which regionals you place teams in? Baseball tries to be a little more geographically oriented than basketball, right?

So do you pick your 16 hosts, then place all the 2, 3 and 4 seeds close to home?
pages: 1