Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Yardcock96 - all messages by user

2/17/2011 11:44:57 AM
Topic:
? for Kendall

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
Why the hell do you still have YS on the end of your Twitter handle?
2/17/2011 11:53:43 AM
Topic:
Having issues on the message board?

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
I am able to log into the normal site fine, but the mobile version is not accepting my login\password.
2/17/2011 11:58:38 AM
Topic:
Road trips

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
How is your travel budget with the new company Kendall? Can we be expecting many road trips? (out of the state of Texas road trips I mean)
2/17/2011 12:15:20 PM
Topic:
Any way to change the font size for the board?

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
The topic list is WAY big when you use firefox.
2/22/2011 10:15:54 AM
Topic:
We've made the forum font smaller....

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
The font change only seems to be working for me in Internet Explorer. Firefox is still huge.
2/28/2011 11:05:23 AM
Topic:
Is there a bigger rivalry today than SC\Clemson?

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
For baseball that is. There will be 3 packed houses this weekend again- 1 home game each and a neutral site. Both fanbases love their baseball and hate each other. Next question, when is Kendall going to head east and see this rivalry game up close?
3/9/2011 7:49:47 AM
Topic:
South Carolina's Ray Tanner addresses Clemson

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
Heels2Omaha wrote:
I find it interesting that Coach Tanner doesn't like to be "called out" yet he found it necessary to release in the media this week that UNC had "refused a challenge" by South Carolina to play a game in 2013. It's pretty hypocritical to do that when they knew full-well that Mike Fox is not going to play any team where one of his former assistant coaches is now coaching. What's good for the goose is apparently not good for the gander in Columbia.

Hardly the same thing. Where did you see Ray or Chad or Eric Hyman say that UNC "refused a challenge"? Sure, word leaked out this week that UNC declined to play us in 2013 and we would probably be playing NCSU instead. The beat writers that reported it sauced it up and added the refused the challenge stuff and all of that because that is how the majority our fanbase perceives the declining of the invitation. Writers have to make their stories sell. If Ray had gone on record and called out Mike Fox and said he was scared to play us or something like that you would be comparing apples to apples. Jack accused our team of cheating by challenging the bat then refused to comment on why he did it. Then one of Jack's players publicly called out one our of our players by name and said he was soft.

On a side note, I don't believe your explanation on Fox not wanting to play a team with one of his former assistants. For the record, I don't think UNC is scared to play us either. It's politics. The same reason SC for many years refused to play any sports against Coastal after they left the USC system. There is bad blood lingering from the whole ACC era and it's much higher up than Mike Fox. You can't tell me that 2 schools this close together with as much history as they have playing each other have only scheduled a handful of games in all the sports combined since we left UNC's conference and there isn't a larger reason. We played UNC in basketball countless times and how many home and homes have their been since we left the ACC? ZERO. If Dean and Eddie Fogler hadn't had their relationship, we wouldn't have had the neutral site matchups we had in the 90's. I will say that the politics stopping play seem to be more on the UNC end because we do make public the refusals to play us like this one and the one in football, etc. Politics and bad blood on our end I'm sure drive that PR train as well.
3/9/2011 7:51:06 AM
Topic:
#8 Clemson @ #4 South Carolina

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
Holy crap were those announcers bad
3/20/2011 6:56:10 PM
Topic:
The new bats make the college game much less fun

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
If I wanted to watch low scoring, base to base, pitching dominated baseball- I'd watch that BS currently in spring training. The popularity of MLB is declining while NCAA baseball has been becoming more popular. NCAA baseball should strive to remain a different game from MLB and not like MLB.

There was 1 HR in the UGA-SC series and SC led the conference in HR's going in. The game was better last year. Keep the composite bats out but bring back last year's bats.
3/22/2011 6:18:15 AM
Topic:

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
RoundingThirdStaff wrote:
I'd like to see the data on Double Plays. I have seen way more DP's. I think the narrower barrels are causing more ground ball outs than ever before...The exit speed is also causing less balls to get launched in the holes quicker, allowing for infielders to make the plays. That is also why you are seeing Batting averages that are way down over last year.

Narrower barrels? The barrel size didn't change, only the exit speed.
3/26/2011 12:00:59 PM
Topic:

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
varanook wrote:
E-Dub wrote:
"without dumbing down the bats too"

I think the bats have been undumbed (smartened up?). Cranked up bats that allow homers to be hit by "just about anyone" is dumbing bats down imo.

Honestly, it sounds like you don't really enjoy baseball...

Probably not which was why the college game interested me more.

Again, just my thoughts. Hard to believe I am alone though.
edited by varanook on 3/25/2011

You are far from alone. The TV ratings prove it. ESPN didn't even bother to bid on the MLB playoffs the last time because no one watches.
3/27/2011 3:13:14 PM
Topic:

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
E-Dub wrote:
varanook wrote:

I don't think you're alone, but I also have trouble believing that people who don't like professional baseball will like college ball.

Count me in the group that loves college ball but hasn't watched an entire MLB game in YEARS. I have watched 4 games since the last strike.
edited by Yardcock96 on 3/27/2011
3/28/2011 11:50:38 AM
Topic:
Question for poll buffs...

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
Heels2Omaha wrote:
you did not answer the original question because you know the answer. NO, there has never been a team from one of the major conferences go 23-3 and not be in the top 10. I'd venture to say there has never been one with that kind of record not in your top 3

I checked the BA poll history and this is what I found:
2009 Virginia 22-4 ranked 24th
2008 Virginia 23-5 ranked 14th
2007 Kentucky 23-2 ranked 22nd
That was the oldest I could find for Baseball America's poll but it was far enough back to show you that in fact your Tarheels are not receiving the unprecedented lack of respect you thought was the case. Do please take out your frustrations on Clemson this weekend though.
edited by Yardcock96 on 3/28/2011
5/19/2011 10:55:06 AM
Topic:
SEC tournament staying in Hoover

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
I wish some of that 6 million in renovations would have been spent on moving the fences in. With the new bats in that park, I won't be surprised if the HR total for the whole week is under 5.
5/26/2011 6:12:33 AM
Topic:
Lindsey Nelson Stadium Tennessee

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
LSU, Arkansas, South Carolina, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State for sure
5/30/2011 5:35:31 PM
Topic:
Easiest Road Ever...

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
Tommy Salami wrote:
UNC got the easiest road to Omaha. Their regional is a joke and they are paired with Fullerton who has not really been that impressive this year going a measly 6-8 vs the top 50. UNC has the easiest road hands down.

THIS!!!! Not to mention them getting the 3 seed over both Vandy and SC who have both been ranked in the top 5 nearly all season and both had stints at #1.
With their associate AD on the selection committee this seriously looks shady.
5/30/2011 6:09:44 PM
Topic:
Easiest Road Ever...

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
Tommy Salami wrote:
Yardcock96 wrote:
Tommy Salami wrote:
UNC got the easiest road to Omaha. Their regional is a joke and they are paired with Fullerton who has not really been that impressive this year going a measly 6-8 vs the top 50. UNC has the easiest road hands down.

THIS!!!! Not to mention them getting the 3 seed over both Vandy and SC who have both been ranked in the top 5 nearly all season and both had stints at #1.
With their associate AD on the selection committee this seriously looks shady.

I agree completely. How the hell do you lose 4 series with one of those being to Wake Forest and get the number 3 seed? SC only lost 1 series all year and Vandy lost 2 to SC and UF who are top 4 teams. That seeding makes absolutly no sense. The committe did everything possible to hand UNC an appearance in Omaha its absolutly ridiculous.
Did UNC even finished 3rd in their conference?
edited by Yardcock96 on 5/30/2011
5/31/2011 10:33:48 AM
Topic:
Maine Head Coach Trimper oozes class....

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
Kenny Powers wrote:
geez you whine a lot.

How is complimenting and having confidence in your team a sign of not showing class?...what gives you the right to question his class based on those comments?

The only lack of class are by fans who get all bent out of shape over a pointless sound bite…. Pot, Kettle?

UNC getting the 3 seed and that joke of a draw for a regional oozes something else. It smells like you know what but I'll call it bias with your Associate AD being on the selection committee and all.
5/31/2011 11:17:44 AM
Topic:
Maine Head Coach Trimper oozes class....

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
About being the third national seed, that is what it is. I think sweeping our trip in CA the first week of the season, and sweeping UVA is why we are where we are. Think of the teams we played that are hosting this week. We swept UVA and Clemson, took two of three at FSU and went out to Cal State and won. The only team we played that is hosting we didn't win against was GT. We won the first game and should have won the second, but we gave up a five run lead in the ninth. I know almost doesn't count, but it isn't like we have beat quality competition.
How many national seeds got swept in a series this season? Only UVA and UNC. How many national seeds got swept by a team only worthy of only a 3 seed in a regional? Only UNC. How many national seeds dropped more than one weekend series this year? UNC (3), FSU (3), and Vandy (2). No way UNC should have been as high as a 3. Note that I am not saying they shouldn't have gotten a national seed just that they got too high a seed and they got what in my (albeit biased) opinion is CLEARLY the easiest regional in the whole tournament.
edited by Yardcock96 on 5/31/2011
5/31/2011 12:05:44 PM
Topic:
Easiest Road Ever...

Yardcock96
Yardcock96
FV4Heels wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, don't both these teams have identical records? If that is the case, wouldn't you award the higher seed to the team with a better RPI? UNC had a better home, road, AND a better neutral field record the SC. SC had 2 more conference wins. I guess it's because you beat UF and Vandy. Well we SWEPT UVA (the number one seed) and took 2 of three from FSU at FSU (the number five seed). I guess that doesn't count though. BTW, we also SWEPT Clemson whose hosting this week and went to CA and beat CSF as well. The only team hosting this week we played and didn't win the series was GT. Going 10-3 against regional hosts and 5-1 and one against national seeds ain't bad.

Why are you making this a SC vs. NC thing? Because SC fans are barking the loudest? Vandy ought to be seeded ahead of UNC as well.
pages: 1 2