Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

BeaverBeliever20 - all messages by user

4/13/2011 5:20:57 PM
Topic:
Update on Oregon State's Susac and Rodriguez

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
I wouldn't count on Andrew Susac or Jake Rodriguez for the remainder of the season. Neither will be a factor in the postseason. It takes many months for power and bat speed to return after breaking the hamate bone, so I expect Pat Casey to shut them both down before postseason play season starts. Oregon State will have to have everybody step up to replace what Andrew Susac produced. I expect they will, that's just the make up of this team. But with said, it's always difficult to lose your best player. Hopefully Susac will return for his junior season.
4/14/2011 1:25:56 AM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 9 predictions

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
OSU 2-1
UCLA 2-1
ASU 3-0
USC 2-1
Cal 3-0
4/14/2011 3:56:45 PM
Topic:
Weekend Series Predictions: Who ya have?

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
South Carolina 2/3
Florida 2/3
Texas sweep
UNC 2/3
Texas A&M 2/3
Oklahoma 2/3
Arkansas 2/3
Oregon State 2/3
UCLA 2/3
LSU 2/3
Rice 2/3
St. Johns 2/3
ASU sweep
UCF 2/3
FIU 2/3
4/17/2011 6:00:13 PM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 9 predictions

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Oregon State took away my perfect weekend. I'm okay with that though. I thought they could sweep the Cardinal and almost predicted it but I thought somehow Stanford would squeak out a win.
4/18/2011 2:18:45 PM
Topic:
Pitcher of the Year so far?

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Sam Gaviglio is someone you left out. He's 7-1 with a 1.19 ERA, 3 complete games and two shutouts.
4/19/2011 3:31:58 PM
Topic:
TRANSCRIPT: My weekly college baseball chat (link)

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Yeah, DM, Fresno State I believe threw their ace in game 1 against the Beavers, the Beavers had Cam Booser and he hasn't pitched since late February. Game two Josh Osich made his first start in two years and had a very low strict pitch count. Tom Harlan threw for FSU and he's been one of their better starting pitchers. So I would argue, it was FSU's best for the most part, but it was no where near OSU's best.

I agree, if FSU and the Beavers have a three game series right now, I think OSU takes two of three no matter where it's played. That's no knock on FSU, they're a really good team, but the Beavers I believe are better.
4/19/2011 10:10:30 PM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 10 predictions

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
ASU 2-1
UCLA 2-1
OSU 3-0
Arizona 3-0
USC 2-1
4/20/2011 2:53:31 PM
Topic:
Regional Host - Super Regional Host

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
SB, Michigan couldn't host a super regional due to their park not being in great shape and had decided a long time ago to make some changes to their park. But hey, I was glad they decided to do that, because got to host and the rest is history.
4/21/2011 3:34:50 PM
Topic:
WEEKEND PREDICTIONS: Make your picks (4/21)

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
ASU 2/3
UCLA 2/3
Virginia Sweep
South Carolina 2/3
Vanderbilt 2/3
Florida 2/3
Texas A&M 2/3
Oklahoma 2/3
North Carolina 2/3
Rice 2/3
Jacksonville 2/3
Texas 2/3
Cal State Fullerton 2/3
Houston 2/3
Troy 2/3
4/22/2011 2:46:45 PM
Topic:

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Daweez04 wrote:
I know it is WAZZU but teams CAN'T like seeing Beavers #3 pitcher go 8 ip, 7 Ks and 1 ER......

Actually Nygren is probably the #5 or #6 pitcher for the Beavers. He's behind Gaviglio, Osich, Schultz and Wetzler, IMO. So if the Beavers' #5 guy in the rotation can go pitch into the ninth against the Cougars, they can't like facing Gaviglio, the Beavers' ace and one of the best in the country tonight, as well as Josh Osich the #2 guy who can overpower them, in the next two games.

The Beavers have so many options in the rotation, it's crazy.
4/22/2011 5:49:48 PM
Topic:

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Daweez04 wrote:
I would say Nygren, Shultz and Wetzler are all about even, but Wetzler and Shultz have much more upside only being Frosh. All 3 have looked great one game, then looked pedestrian next, consistency is def needed. This team doesn't have a concrete 3rd starter, I hope one of the decides to step up come playoffs.

I was very impressed how Nygren rebounded from walking 2 batters in the 6th, then striking out 5 of 6 in the 7th and 8th innings.

As far as a game three starter, I think Schultz is the man. He's the only who hasn't had a bad start, Casey has had a short leash on him but he I think has a chance to be big for them in the postseason. Could be like what Daniel Turpen gave the Beavers in 2006-2007.

As far as Wetzler and Nygren go, they are both shaky and if there was a fourth game where they needed a starter, I would start Nygren for about 4 innings and then bring in Wetzler for 3 or so. Nygren generally gets hit hard when facing the order the second time through, Wetzler has struggled as a starter but been really good out of the bullpen. That's what I see Pat Casey doing. Don't think either of them could start and go deep. Nygren had a good start last night, but he was extremely fortunate. In the second inning, if Brian Stamps doesn't make that diving catch, it's likely James Nygren may not have lasted through the inning, would have been a huge inning. It was a good start, but we can't overlook the fact that he was pretty lucky.
4/22/2011 11:17:37 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs. Wazzu

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
OpihiMan wrote:
Awesome comeback...place went nuts!

I saw that. It was an amazing win. This team just will not lose. This team has had so many injuries and things go against them, but nothing fazes them. I'm really excited about this team and where it's headed the rest of the season. How about Tyler Smith? He came into the ASU series with a .143 batting average and now has to be around .280. He really came out of nowhere and is probably their most clutch hitter. This squad is rollin' and can play even better.
4/27/2011 11:18:51 PM
Topic:
BEAVERS: Whom to root for (actually, against)

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Dodger Matt wrote:
Duckies lose to Portland again. UP has UO's number.

Not that Oregon is anywhere near the schools on this list that Oregon State fans should root against for national seed purposes, but it's hard not to root against them, especially when they play another Beaver State school. Too bad the Ducks can't play Portland State....

Yeah, another school from the state can beat up on the Ducks. It still kills me how there will articles written about how Oregon "Would be the dominant college baseball team in the state of Oregon for many years to come". Too funny. Total slap to the face of the Beavers and now Oregon State is a frontrunner for a national seed and Oregon is not gonna even make the postseason. I'm thoroughly enjoying the Ducks struggles.
4/28/2011 1:14:01 AM
Topic:
Pac-10: Week 11 predictions

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
I'm going bold this week.

OSU 3-0
Stanford 2-1
Cal 3-0
Arizona 3-0
Washington 2-1
4/28/2011 5:00:34 PM
Topic:
***WEEKEND SERIES PREDICTIONS (4/28)***

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
South Carolina 2/3
Texas 2/3
Florida sweep
Stanford 2/3
Florida State 2/3
Oregon State sweep
Clemson 2/3
Arkansas 2/3
Bakersfield 2/3
Southern Miss 2/3
Oklahoma State sweep
Troy 2/3
Hawaii 2/3
Tulane 2/3
UCF 2/3
edited by BeaverBeliever20 on 4/28/2011
4/29/2011 10:38:18 PM
Topic:

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
MostUnknown wrote:
Gerrit Cole continues to get shelled on Friday nights. I don't know what is wrong but there was a time when a 4 run lead would have been the game. There's gotta be something going on.
edited by MostUnknown on 4/29/2011

I agree. When UCLA went up 5-1, I thought that was the game. I just couldn't see Gerrit Cole giving up 5 runs in the game. He then gave up 7 runs. I was pretty shocked.
4/29/2011 10:55:16 PM
Topic:

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
FB, I know, but Gerrit Cole is good man! Once the Beavers got the first couple runners on I felt the Beavers had a great shot at it. Cole wasn't at his best and the Beavers are great at coming from behind. It was shocking because they were killing one of the best pitchers in the nation. Glad they won. They just keep impressing me. I will never doubt for a single second again!

If they beat Trevor Bauer tomorrow, I will truly believe the sky is the limit for this squad. They have so much heart and always find ways to win, it's really exciting.

I think they are the #3 team in the land. Best resume in college baseball too. 10-1 vs the Top 25, including 701 away from Goss Stadium. That's impressive.

As far as Sam goes, he really has been off these past two starts. Not the same life on his pitches, all his pitches have been up to. Hopefully he gets back to being dominant. I think he will.
4/30/2011 5:20:07 PM
Topic:
Josh Osich - No Hitter

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
It was truly an amazing performance by Josh. Almost hard to believe that just happened. Huge series win by the Beavers.
5/1/2011 5:08:02 PM
Topic:

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Today was very strange for the Beavers. They couldn't get a hit with runners in scoring position to save their life.

Also, Pat Casey made some mistakes in regards to pitchers that he doesn't usually make. Wetzler should have been pulled after the fifth. He knows it too. He was beginning to be hit hard but he sent him out for the sixth and Wetzler ran into trouble quickly. Pat waited too long even in that inning to pull him. When he did pull him, he brought in Scott Schultz, who I don't think had pitched in two weeks and put him in a high stress situation and was clearly rusty. It was a recipe for disaster and it led to a four run inning and that was the game. I'm sure Pat realizes he made a mistake and will admit as much. Again, Pat Casey usually doesn't make that kind of mistake, so today was just strange all around.
5/3/2011 9:06:47 PM
Topic:
Ducks laying it to the Beavers tonite..

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Tonight was more of a case of the Beavers handing it over. The Beavers made numerous defensive mistakes that they rarely make. They just didn't seem into mentally. They didn't seem to be taking the Ducks seriously and lost.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7