Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers vs. Wildcats

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/16/2013 10:27:01 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, you should be a happy Duck right now. The Ducks are on the verge of winning the Pac 12 Basketball Championship if they can hold on for another 8 minutes against UCLA.

Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
RD, Scott Schultz's pitches are THAT GOOD. They were swinging at them because they looked good when they committed to swinging and couldn't stop until it was too late. If the Beavers make Schultz our de facto closer, I will be one happy Beaver fan.

Yeah, I know.. You guys have pitchers coming out of the wazoo. Who will pitch for the last game? I would put child in there, unless they already have him pegged for middle relief. I was hopeful when brocker came in, but when he got that out, I figured you guys would win. Hey how bout them ducks, making comebacks. In the past they would have been dead over a lake. lol
+1 permalink
3/16/2013 10:27:56 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
Means nothing...alot of teams beat teams that win the national championship every year. You going to tell me the games Arizona lost mid-week to some no name opponent means said opponent was really good?

Riverduck wrote:

Hey the ducks beat the national champions.. the year they one it.. lol

well, maybe what we did at their house set them up for what they did..
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:30:46 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
Means nothing...alot of teams beat teams that win the national championship every year. You going to tell me the games Arizona lost mid-week to some no name opponent means said opponent was really good?

Riverduck wrote:

Hey the ducks beat the national champions.. the year they one it.. lol

well, maybe what we did at their house set them up for what they did..

I would like to chat more about baseball, but it looks like the ducks are looking for an automatic bid for the big dance.. up by 5 with 6 to go.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:47:54 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Not Dan Child. They used him on a midweek game. I still think they want to ease Wetzler into the starting rotation, so even if he's only good for four innings, he gets the start.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 11:03:00 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Reminds me kind of what the ducks are doing with Christian Jones. That kid can pitch, but they are really nursing him along.. but I am happy after his injury last year.. Tessar is another pitcher I am wondering about. Injury?
0 permalink
3/16/2013 11:07:09 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Stoked about the basketball team. Altman has been one of my favorites.. that guy can flat out coach.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 12:04:21 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Today's game was originally scheduled to air on TV through the PAC 12 networks. Darn, they have cancelled it. I was hoping to see some better video.

Some interesting tidbbits on the Beavers

http://www.osubeavers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/031713aab.html
0 permalink
3/17/2013 12:38:38 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Riverduck: Hey the ducks beat the national champions.. the year they one it.. lol

If that was intentional, it was brilliant.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 12:44:54 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Wow, too bad we had a GIDP before Conforto's homer.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 12:51:24 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah.. the problem was it was not the end of the year.. resulting in only beating the eventual national champions. So I guess I need to say the Ducks beat the eventual national champs... only fair because you said the beavs beat the national champs.. sorry for the confusion.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 12:52:21 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
GameTracker still has Conforto on third with a triple. It'll be interesting to watch that change.

Reminds me of a story I heard. Can't remember who told it, but some of you Beaver fans may have heard it. Some announcer was talking about learning his craft from an old guy who had been calling baseball games for years. He was still great at what he did, but his eyesight was failing him. So the young guy had to lean over and whisper to him what had happened on the field so the old guy could report it. So here is how one play was called....

"Jackson looks in and throws. Peterson swings and hits a two-hopper to short--"

Whisper, whisper.

"And it's gone!"
0 permalink
3/17/2013 12:53:37 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Hey, since I was too lazy to create a ducks thread, since I am the only duck, I figured I could get a better reply here. Any luck on watching a free usc stream? I keep getting women beach volleyball. Don't get me wrong.. but I would rather watch a baseball feed. Does anyone else have a valid link.. or is it Ophi messing with my mind.. And why does Oregon and OSU not have a two women beach volleyball team. Seems like a good option.. We could set up the course on the Oregon Coast. Would be the ultimate home field advantage.. lol
edited by Riverduck on 3/17/2013
0 permalink
3/17/2013 12:55:27 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
RD: Hey the ducks beat the national champions.. the year they one it.. lol

DM: If that was intentional, it was brilliant.

RD: Yeah.. the problem was it was not the end of the year.. resulting in only beating the eventual national champions. So I guess I need to say the Ducks beat the eventual national champs... only fair because you said the beavs beat the national champs.. sorry for the confusion.

Okay, it wasn't intentional. My bad.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 12:59:09 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Okay, GameTracker fixed the triple to a homer. But if you replay the game or that particular play, the homer lands just behind the second baseman on the grass.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 12:59:36 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I watched the movie "Major Leagure" last night for at least the 100th time. Your commnts got me thinking about Bob Uecker. There is no one funnier in a movie announcer role. I've also had the chance to listen to him call games for the Brewers. He is actually an excellent announcer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Uecker
0 permalink
3/17/2013 1:03:34 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, I had no luck yesterday. I tried watching the Ducks when I was down at the Club yesterday on the Stairmaster. I normally do just 40 minues on the Stairmaster, but was able to complete a full 60 minutes watching women's volleyball.

Riverduck wrote:
Hey, since I was too lazy to create a ducks thread, since I am the only duck, I figured I could get a better reply here. Any luck on watching a free usc stream? I keep getting women beach volleyball. Don't get me wrong.. but I would rather watch a baseball feed. Does anyone else have a valid link.. or is it Ophi messing with my mind.. And why does Oregon and OSU not have a two women beach volleyball team. Seems like a good option.. We could set up the course on the Oregon Coast. Would be the ultimate home field advantage.. lol
+2 permalink
3/17/2013 1:05:04 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Riverduck wrote:

I noticed the same thing yesterday. Also noticed the girls don't wear the thongs the women in the Olympics wear. Heheh.

As for Oregon/OSU beach volleyball, do you remember that Columbia Sportswear commercial a few years back? Two guys sitting on an Oregon beach bundled in Columbia Sportswear parkas with an umbrella behind them. The wind is blowing and it looks cold. Somebody walks past them wearing a Columbia Sportswear parka. The guys eyes pan across to watch. One guy says to the other: "Did you see that babe?"
+1 permalink
3/17/2013 1:05:42 PM

ASU74
ASU74
A little WSU/ASU pregame note. A story of Twin Towers pitching. ASU 6 ft 9, WSU 6ft 7

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
3/17/2013 1:15:54 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
A bit nervous about Wetlzer. He looked shakey last week and just doesn't seem to have his stuff.
0 permalink
3/17/2013 1:17:31 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
DM, I really wasn't paying any attention to their clothing, but was attentatively focusing on their serving, digging, and passing techniques.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Riverduck wrote:

I noticed the same thing yesterday. Also noticed the girls don't wear the thongs the women in the Olympics wear. Heheh.

As for Oregon/OSU beach volleyball, do you remember that Columbia Sportswear commercial a few years back? Two guys sitting on an Oregon beach bundled in Columbia Sportswear parkas with an umbrella behind them. The wind is blowing and it looks cold. Somebody walks past them wearing a Columbia Sportswear parka. The guys eyes pan across to watch. One guy says to the other: "Did you see that babe?"
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers vs. Wildcats