Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers vs. Wildcats

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/16/2013 9:50:05 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Yep, I agree.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Brocker does good tonight.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 9:53:20 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
You hear those Arizona fans? Do they let zombies into the ballpark?
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:04:16 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Pitch almost hits Max, and it's "in low". I think any pitch that's not a strike is low with Jay.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:05:34 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Yeah, I'm not a big Jay Reese fan...we've been spoiled with Mike Parker for too long. I hate how Reese doesn't describe plays well and takes awhile to relay what happens. I find myself listening for the crowds reaction as Reese usually follows 3-5 seconds later with what happened. What happened to Parker this year? I've seen him in the stands at home games...
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:09:13 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
I'm a huge Jay Rseese fan. Sure, Mike Parker is the best (baseball is, after all, the sport he was born to call), but as awesome as Mike is, Jay is a huge step up from the days when the baseball SID had to step up to the Mic... a very knowledgable office, but not hired due to radio ability. Having Jay is much better than a non-radio guy having to call the first 20 games.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:12:04 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I don't know what his contract stipulates, but he never does baseball while the hoops team is still playing, so he'll probably be in the booth next week for ASU.

See this? Tony Bryant pitches two balls, and they yank him. Or, what? They canceled that? Anyway, I was thinking they are taking this very seriously. Since when can they not replace the pitcher in the middle of a pitch count?
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:12:56 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
thought it was a bit weird to change pitchers with 2 balls already on the batter. Don't they have to finish pitching to the batter before they can change pitchers?
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:16:52 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Winner winner chicken dinner! Great start to the PAC12!
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:17:18 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Beavs take game 2 from teh defending National Champs. Way to go BEAVS!
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:18:28 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Jay may be knowledgeable, but his delivery and descriptions are awful. I worked in radio...
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:18:33 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Man, that last inning those cats where swinging on some crappy pitches. Arizona does not look they are as strong as last year.. lol
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:19:31 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
No. The batter belongs to the pitcher who threw the first pitch. Maybe college has a different rule, but you can change pitchers whenever. I hope they explain that one.

"And the Beavers defeat the natural [sic] champions." I love nature!
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:21:12 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
Yeah, I'm not a big Jay Reese fan...we've been spoiled with Mike Parker for too long. I hate how Reese doesn't describe plays well and takes awhile to relay what happens. I find myself listening for the crowds reaction as Reese usually follows 3-5 seconds later with what happened. What happened to Parker this year? I've seen him in the stands at home games...

I heard him calling a basketball game.. What a demotion. lol. Well, from a guy eating a napkin, to a pitching coach who spends too much time at the Peacock.. go figure.
-1 permalink
3/16/2013 10:21:31 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Man those Ducks got lucky off of 9 USC errors in the first 2 games...Ducks are getting lucky they aren't having to rely on their bats

Riverduck wrote:
Man, that last inning those cats where swinging on some crappy pitches. Arizona does not look they are as strong as last year.. lol
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:21:44 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
RD, Scott Schultz's pitches are THAT GOOD. They were swinging at them because they looked good when they committed to swinging and couldn't stop until it was too late. If the Beavers make Schultz our de facto closer, I will be one happy Beaver fan.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:22:07 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
No. The batter belongs to the pitcher who threw the first pitch. Maybe college has a different rule, but you can change pitchers whenever. I hope they explain that one.

"And the Beavers defeat the natural [sic] champions." I love nature!

Hey the ducks beat the national champions.. the year they one it.. lol
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:23:08 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
SB, I like Jay. I spend time a bunch of time in Bend and listen to his sports radio show. He does a good job. As already mentioned, he just has a few oddities. I love Parker and also enjoyed his predessor Darrell Aune. We have been spoiled at OSU with these three guys and then with Bob Blackburn back in the 60s who went on to do the Seattle Supersonics. I use to listen to Bob Blackburn when I was young, especially calling Beaver basketball when they wen to the final four back in the mid sixties.

SouthernBeaver wrote:
I'm a huge Jay Rseese fan. Sure, Mike Parker is the best (baseball is, after all, the sport he was born to call), but as awesome as Mike is, Jay is a huge step up from the days when the baseball SID had to step up to the Mic... a very knowledgable office, but not hired due to radio ability. Having Jay is much better than a non-radio guy having to call the first 20 games.
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:24:04 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Means nothing...alot of teams beat teams that win the national championship every year. You going to tell me the games Arizona lost mid-week to some no name opponent means said opponent was really good?

Riverduck wrote:

0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:24:59 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
RD, Scott Schultz's pitches are THAT GOOD. They were swinging at them because they looked good when they committed to swinging and couldn't stop until it was too late. If the Beavers make Schultz our de facto closer, I will be one happy Beaver fan.

Yeah, I know.. You guys have pitchers coming out of the wazoo. Who will pitch for the last game? I would put child in there, unless they already have him pegged for middle relief. I was hopeful when brocker came in, but when he got that out, I figured you guys would win. Hey how bout them ducks, making comebacks. In the past they would have been dead over a lake. lol
0 permalink
3/16/2013 10:26:45 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
Means nothing...alot of teams beat teams that win the national championship every year. You going to tell me the games Arizona lost mid-week to some no name opponent means said opponent was really good?

Riverduck wrote:

Hey.. we swept the two time national champs at home.. and we did not even make the playoffs. lol Yeah.. baseball is a crazy game.
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavers vs. Wildcats