Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Who was the biggest surprise in 2012?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/26/2012 8:43:34 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
I'm very curious to see what everyone thinks here .... for me, it had to be Stony Brook. Those guys flew under the radar and played exceptionally well in the postseason outside of two games.

You could say Kent State, but Scott Stricklin's track record is pretty good.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
6/26/2012 9:33:11 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Stony Brook....saw them in the Tempe Regional a while back: 0-2, now member of the Elite Eight. Come on and play some Pac ball with us next year's OOC schedule. Luv to see the new & improved SB.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/26/2012 11:58:17 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Oregon.. Who would of thought with all their top players drafted, or graduated, with all the personnel changes through the year would make it to a super.. at home. With a seriously fat 46-19 record. Yeah, I'm partial.. but after that flirt with a possible CWS - anything but a CWS appearance will be a failure for the ducks.
0 permalink
6/27/2012 3:47:39 AM

beavos88
beavos88
Riverduck wrote:
Oregon.. Who would of thought with all their top players drafted, or graduated, with all the personnel changes through the year would make it to a super.. at home. With a seriously fat 46-19 record. Yeah, I'm partial.. but after that flirt with a possible CWS - anything but a CWS appearance will be a failure for the ducks.

Good luck.
0 permalink
6/27/2012 4:06:13 AM

beavos88
beavos88
It has to be Stony Brook. Maybe St. Johns but they every now and then field a solid team. Kent State is a good program. I still would say Stony Brook and LSU taking it in the face.
I wouldn't say the following teams were surprises as much as how the committee just goes with past history and overrates the team/conference:

North Carolina........bust.
Miami.....bust.
UVA........bust.
Rice..........bust.
Baylor......bust.

And how the heck does Purdue/Miami/Oregon get a national seed?

Not a perfect system with the committee picking these teams. I assume there's some "politicking" going on with the picks.

Gawd. If Tulane had a halfway decent team they would immediately get a national seed coming from what conference??

Well, the best team won. Arizona Wildcats. Actually, no surprise there.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Who was the biggest surprise in 2012?