Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » All Pac team announced

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/30/2012 12:43:27 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Keudell got POY, sherfy first team.. Conforto got FOY. Way to go Oregon/OSU athletes.
http://www.pac-12.org/Baseball/Tabid/1448/Article/156660/2012-Baseball-All-Conference-Team-Announced.aspx
edited by Riverduck on 5/30/2012
+1 permalink
5/30/2012 12:52:51 PM

borgguy
borgguy
I am Shocked that Horton didnt win coach of the year... they were picked too finish near the bottom of the league, and darn near won the whole thing, got a national seed *sigh*

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/30/2012 1:38:40 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Casey would never vote for Horton.. lol
0 permalink
5/30/2012 7:36:50 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I'm with Borg. I don't know what Lopez did that was earthshatteringly unexpected. Arizona did what was expected of them. And though they won the conference title (thank you, Beavers), they did not end up ranked higher than Oregon. Horton, OTOH, took a team that finished quite badly last year and turned them into a national seed, against all the expectations and preseason predictions. Chubby was robbed!
0 permalink
5/30/2012 7:43:06 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Also, what is up with giving the same player two awards? The defensive POY should be reserved for players whose main contribution is in the area of fielding. Was there nobody as qualified as a guy with a .953 fielding percentage and seventh in the conference in assists? Wow. They should have given him one, even if he got to decide which one, and given the other award to some other player. It's like giving the MVP and Cy Young to one guy. Lame.
0 permalink
5/30/2012 8:53:23 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
Also, what is up with giving the same player two awards? The defensive POY should be reserved for players whose main contribution is in the area of fielding. Was there nobody as qualified as a guy with a .953 fielding percentage and seventh in the conference in assists? Wow. They should have given him one, even if he got to decide which one, and given the other award to some other player. It's like giving the MVP and Cy Young to one guy. Lame.

Hey- I actually agree with you on both posts.. Is Arizona in a regional, where the number 2 seed beat them twice?
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » All Pac team announced