Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CIVIL WAR CENTRAL

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 .. 9 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/26/2012 12:06:38 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Quist, thanks so much for your service to Our Country! Good to see you back in the forum.

BeaverQuist wrote:
Hello everyone. I know, it's been awhile.

Where have I been, you ask? Well, let me tell you. I joined the United States Navy in Novemeber and left for basic training in March. I graduated basic training on May 11th. I am now at Hospital Corpsman (Medic) A-School in San Antonio, Texas.

I watched the game on Gametracker last night, was dissappointed I couldn't find the radio stream online.

I missed all of the Pac-12 conference play this year except for last weekend againts Washington State and this weekend against Oregon.

I know OM said Schultz was his MVP for the game, but I have to give it to Ryan Barnes. Clutch hit after clutch hit from that guy last night. Schultz was a close second though.

Anyways, it's good to be back and I hope the Beavers get the sweep this weekend.

Also... congratulation to Coach Pat Casey on 614. Amazing accomplishment.
0 permalink
5/26/2012 12:09:29 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I've tried a couple of times to upload an avatar, but was never able to get it small enough to load.

BeaverBob wrote:
I had the privilege to watch tonight's game with Dodger Matt and OphiMan. Yes, I am planning to be at the game tomorrow. Can't wait to see the Beavs go 2-0. Also, go Cats, Cardinal, and Bruins.

borgguy wrote:
one down! gonna be present for #2 tomorrow. anyone else going tomorrow?

edited by BeaverBob on 5/26/2012
0 permalink
5/26/2012 12:13:08 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
SouthernBeaver wrote:
BeaverQuist wrote:

I watched the game on Gametracker last night, was dissappointed I couldn't find the radio stream online.

I was driving in the backcountry and had the hardest time finding a station. I heard the first few innings.. Thought it was going to be a rout. Good thing I missed most of it.

radio84.com has a eugene stream, as long as you don't mind the most-horrific ads ever (their DJ who reads the scripts makes me cringe!). I used that all the time to listen to games when stationed in Korea... lots of 2am radio84 mornings for me.
0 permalink
5/26/2012 12:30:02 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
They showed a great video celebrating Casey's 614th win last night after the game. It doesn't look like they have posted this video yet, but I'm posting a video of Casey celebrating his 500th victory (I also posted early in the year).

Good stuff.

http://www.osubeavers.com/allaccess/?media=129929
0 permalink
5/26/2012 1:38:18 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Quist,

Good to see you on here. We missed you. Thank you for your service. It's tough sometimes, but if it was easy, even the wussies would do it. Semper Fortis!!!!

Southern Beaver!!! Hey what's up? Been kinda tough representing the Rebel Beaver flag all by myself this year, but never fear. This Rebel southern beaver lover is standing straight and tall!

GO BEAVS!!!!
0 permalink
5/26/2012 3:53:34 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
That Danny Hayes homer was sweet. You could tell as soon as it left his bat.
0 permalink
5/26/2012 4:07:37 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Nick Rulli, pinch hit RBI double in the Civil War.

Nick who? That was his third atbat as a Beaver. His first hit. Against Thomas Thorpe in the Civil War.

Nice baptism.
0 permalink
5/26/2012 4:19:57 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Dan Child, tomorrow's starter for the Beavs, comes in with a runner on second and one out to face pinch hitter Thomas Walker. Hmm.
0 permalink
5/26/2012 4:29:42 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Hmmm indeed.
0 permalink
5/26/2012 4:51:03 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Holy Crap!!! Line drive to Conforto in outfield, and a throw to home for the series-winning double play!
0 permalink
5/26/2012 4:52:50 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Dodger Matt wrote:
Wow, and SouthernBeaver reappears as well. Nothing like a Civil War to bring back the old gang.

After yesterday's game, Oregon's ISR dropped from 2 to 3, and OSU's went from 16 to 11.

I've been lurking since week 3 of conference play, but I kept forgetting to do my predictions in time!
0 permalink
5/26/2012 4:55:09 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Florida Beaver wrote:
Quist,

Good to see you on here. We missed you. Thank you for your service. It's tough sometimes, but if it was easy, even the wussies would do it. Semper Fortis!!!!

Southern Beaver!!! Hey what's up? Been kinda tough representing the Rebel Beaver flag all by myself this year, but never fear. This Rebel southern beaver lover is standing straight and tall!

GO BEAVS!!!!

Unfortunately, I'm no longer representing in the Deep South. Love that area (my first OSU baseball game in-person was an away game vs. UGA). From Georgia I represented from Korea, and now I'm back in Corvallis until I graduate next month! Hope to get back to Georgia in a few years though...
0 permalink
5/26/2012 4:57:58 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Beavs take the season series, and the conference series...Ducks have lost control of their own destiny as now that falls in the hands of Arizona irregardless of what happens tomorrow, what a disappointing end to a magical regular season for the schmucks.
0 permalink
5/26/2012 4:59:17 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
That was an awesome 7-2 double-play to end it. The camera angle on Conforto grabbing that line drive looked like he was fielding it off the grass, but it was a shoestring catch, and he threw a strike to Gorton for the putout at the plate.

There was evidently some emotional back-n-forth after that. Sounded like Parker was yelling, "Don't let them do that on our field!" and "If they want to fight, I'll take our guy over theirs any day!" He cracks me up sometime.
0 permalink
5/26/2012 5:10:32 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
What I wouldn't give for an unbiased description of the post-game...
0 permalink
5/26/2012 5:12:06 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
"There might be some distortion on this final play because it got a little loud and exciting in the press box...."

What an understatement. "...And he is...OUT AT THE PLATE!!!!"

Parker hasn't said much about the apparent scuffle after the game or the fact that Horton and Casey didn't shake hands. Wondering about that last one.
0 permalink
5/26/2012 5:14:05 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
He did at least mention they didn't shake because they had to take care of their team before things got out of hand.
0 permalink
5/26/2012 5:21:56 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Just freakin WOW! Conforto hasn't been all that the last two days, right up until the blast from left to home.

RD,

Y'all have played dam good ball the last 2 days...unfortunately the Beavs been playing Got-dam good ball. I hate saying it (not really. just trying to sound classy) but this feels real good, possibly taking away your conference title. The ball is in Arizona's hands right now. I really don't think anyone other than the Beav fans on this site (other than ConnorOSU) and some others in Corvallis gave the Beavs much of a chance to take the series. JUST FREAKING GREAT GAMES!!!!!
0 permalink
5/26/2012 5:22:46 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Yeah, I would hope it was only something like that and not any animosity over the game between coaches.

So Gorton spiked the ball after tagging Altobelli out, and that triggered Alto. Okay, you don't typically see that kind of football thing in baseball, but it was a bang-bang dam good play to end the game, and I don't blame Gorton for doing it, nor would I accuse him of doing that, in the heat of the moment, as an act of aggression or taunting. I saw lot of celebration around the plate after that play, not any taunting directed at the Ducks.

Emotions run high.
0 permalink
5/26/2012 5:54:30 PM

BeaverQuist
BeaverQuist
Unfortunatley, I was unable to watch the game as ROOT sports does not air in Texas. Trust me, I called around to see, haha. Once again, I was watching the game on Gametracker. At first I thought Healy's fly ball was a sac fly, but then I immediatley saw that it was a catch him out, throw him out double play to end the game. To say the least, my other shipmates in the computer lounge looked at me foolishly. I simply responded, "Civil War".

Great to see the Beavers closing strong heading into the regional round and this will surely help where we end up going as a 2 seed.

And it gives me great pleasure to see what looked like a sure thing for the Ducks to at least share the Pac-12 Championship to be a less likely event now.

Looking forward to watching (on Gametracker) the series/regular season finale!

GO BEAVS!
+1 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 .. 9 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CIVIL WAR CENTRAL