Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 8

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/7/2012 8:03:52 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Riverduck wrote:
Brocker BABY!!! My Oregon/ Oregon State Picks look to be good this week.
Sorry to sound jaded, not meant to kick dirt in the beavs face. ASU really needed that series.

ASU doesn't need any series this year...it's all for pride.

I think if we start spamming Casey's inbox with Fire Yeskie campaigns we may get somewhere. I'm just flabbergasted...the Beavs athletic program is very clean cut and we don't even dabble with the wrong side of the law or classless acts...you mess up, you're gone. We take pride in differentiating ourselves from the jailbirds down south. So when Yeskie got the DUII I was actually really happy figuring at least he'll get canned for his off the field non-sense since no one seems to care about how poorly managed his pitching staff is. My neck is starting to hurt from how often I'm shaking my head.

In other news, Beaver Gymnasts are headed to nationals again.
0 permalink
4/7/2012 11:36:27 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Week 8 Summary
  • Oregon handled UCLA in the first two games easily, winning 6-2 and 8-3. In game three, the Ducks had a 5-run 2nd that chased starter Grant Watson, but the Bruins came back and tied it 5-5 after five. They took the lead 7-6 in the 7th, and added an 8th run for the final score in the 8th.
    Oregon wins series 2-1.
  • Arizona State scored the majority of their runs in the whole series with two outs. OSU’s starting pitching was good, but allowed too many free passes, and those walks came back to hurt them. In game three, Jace Fry scattered 7 hits over 7.1 innings, but the Beavers left too many men on base and played subpar defensively, and ASU tied it 1-1 in the bottom of the 8th, took a 2-1 lead off reliever Cole Brocker, then jumped to a 5-1 lead when Brocker gave up a 2-out 3-run homer.
    Arizona State sweeps series 3-0.
  • The Cardinal came back from a 2-0 deficit to score the final 5 to take game one, but the Huskies led game two from the 1st inning on and even the series on a 7-6 win. In the rubber game, UW tied it 4-4 in the 7th, then 6-6 in the 8th. But Stanford scored two unanswered runs in the 9th for an 8-6 victory and 2-1 series victory.
    Stanford wins series 2-1.
  • In game one, USC led 4-0 after five, but Cal scored the next five, including two in the top of the 9th to win it 5-4. The Trojans duplicated that effect in game two, scoring two in the bottom of the 9th for a come-from-behind 2-1 victory to even the series. In the rubber game, Cal scored one to tie it 2-2 in the top of the 9th. Garrett Stubbs drew a bases loaded walk in the bottom of the 9th to beat Cal 3-2 and give the Trojans their second walk-off win in the series.
    USC wins series 2-1.
  • Utah continues to amaze, winning games against top Pac-12 teams that they shouldn’t and showing competitiveness in the games they lose. They were blown out 11-2 in game one, but scored 5 runs in their last two atbats in game two to beat Arizona 7-6. The Utes also put a 5-run inning on Arizona in game three to tie the game 7-7 before falling 11-7. The Utes nearly matched Arizona in the rubber game in hits, 14-12.
    Arizona wins series 2-1.
  • The Cougs skinned by to a 2-1 win in game one by scoring one in the 8th and one in the 9th. In game two, Wazzu blew Seattle’s doors off, 19-1. In game three, Seattle came from behind three times, the final time in the 8th inning, to defeat Washington State for the first time since 1968.
    Washington State wins series 2-1.

edited by Dodger Matt on 4/8/2012
0 permalink
4/7/2012 11:54:36 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Week 8 scores

Hell hath frozen over: RiverDuck has top score this week. Whaaaaa?
  • 23.0 RiverDuck
  • 20.0 borgguy
  • 20.0 FullertonBaseballFan
  • 20.0 MostUnknown
  • 20.0 WildCard85
  • 19.0 ASU74
  • 18.0 BeaverBeliever20
  • 18.0 ConnorOSU
  • 17.0 BeaverBob
  • 17.0 Dodger Matt
  • 17.0 Florida Beaver
  • 14.0 OpihiMan
0 permalink
4/8/2012 12:19:57 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Matt, as always, thanks for your good work on the summaries. Have a great Easter.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Week 8 Summary

Oregon handled UCLA in the first two games easily, winning 6-2 and 8-3. In game three, the Ducks had a 5-run 2nd that chased starter Grant Watson, but the Bruins came back and tied it 5-5 after five. They took the lead 7-6 in the 7th, and added an 8th run for the final score in the 8th.
Oregon wins series 2-1.
  • Arizona State scored the majority of their runs in the whole series with two outs. OSU’s starting pitching was good, but allowed too many free passes, and those walks came back to hurt them. In game three, Jace Fry scattered 7 hits over 7.1 innings, but the Beavers left too many men on base and played subpar defensively, and ASU tied it 1-1 in the bottom of the 8th, took a 2-1 lead off reliever Cole Brocker, then jumped to a 5-1 lead when Brocker gave up a 2-out 3-run homer.
    Arizona State sweeps series 3-0.
  • The Cardinal came back from a 2-0 deficit to score the final 5 to take game one, but the Huskies led game two from the 1st inning on and even the series on a 7-6 win. In the rubber game, UW tied it 4-4 in the 7th, then 6-6 in the 8th. But Stanford scored two unanswered runs in the 9th for an 8-6 victory and 2-1 series victory.
    Stanford wins series 2-1.
  • In game one, USC led 4-0 after five, but Cal scored the next five, including two in the top of the 9th to win it 5-4. The Trojans duplicated that effect in game two, scoring two in the bottom of the 9th for a come-from-behind 2-1 victory to even the series. In the rubber game, Cal scored one to tie it 2-2 in the top of the 9th. Garrett Stubbs drew a bases loaded walk in the bottom of the 9th to beat Cal 3-2 and give the Trojans their second walk-off win in the series.
    USC wins series 2-1.
  • Utah continues to amaze, winning games against top Pac-12 teams that they shouldn’t and showing competitiveness in the games they lose. They were blown out 11-2 in game one, but scored 5 runs in their last two atbats in game two to beat Arizona 7-6. The Utes also put a 5-run inning on Arizona in game three to tie the game 7-7 before falling 11-7. The Utes nearly matched Arizona in the rubber game in hits, 14-12.
    Arizona wins series 2-1.
  • The Cougs skinned by to a 2-1 win in game one by scoring one in the 8th and one in the 9th. In game two, Wazzu blew Seattle’s doors off, 19-1. In game three, Seattle came from behind three times, the final time in the 8th inning, to defeat Washington State for the first time since 1968.
    Washington State wins series 2-1.
0 permalink
4/8/2012 8:47:04 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
Week 8 scores

Hell hath frozen over: RiverDuck has top score this week. Whaaaaa?
  • 23.0 RiverDuck
  • 20.0 borgguy
  • 20.0 FullertonBaseballFan
  • 20.0 MostUnknown
  • 20.0 WildCard85
  • 19.0 ASU74
  • 18.0 BeaverBeliever20
  • 18.0 ConnorOSU
  • 17.0 BeaverBob
  • 17.0 Dodger Matt
  • 17.0 Florida Beaver
  • 14.0 OpihiMan
I am so flattered. I can send PDF postcard autographs to anyone is interested. Collector Items, since I probably will never be on the top again lol. My Washington pick almost came true as well. That would have been a sweet trifecta of picks. The Oregon/Oregon State pick was downright brilliant. My thanks to Brocker, and Yeskie.. who made it happen. Well, maybe the beavs can get 5 wins on their resume. Nevada is so so, and Arkansas-Pine Bluff has an rpi of like 290.. Nothing like getting challenged right before a serious make or break series vs UCLA.
edited by Riverduck on 4/8/2012
edited by Riverduck on 4/8/2012
0 permalink
4/8/2012 10:29:53 AM

ASU74
ASU74
RD:
Congrads. Told ya it was bad luck to be superstitious!
Kneel!

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
4/8/2012 10:38:00 AM

borgguy
borgguy
my best finish ever also, Tie for second!
also seconding the motions to fire yeskie, the pitching staff is our achilles heal....

gonna be a long season unless we get our act together

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/8/2012 11:25:07 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
This weekend was death for the Beavers, but I predict an Oregon State resurrection. The rest of the season will be better.

Happy Easter, everyone! (Even RiverDuck.)
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 8