Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 8

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/5/2012 12:35:11 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
Looks like we're only going to have 11 votes again this week. We've really lost a lot of ASU fans as their team has dropped off. Unfortunately, we have not made that deficit up with gains of fans from teams that have improved (Arizona, UW, USC, etc.) Despite Oregon's success, all they can muster is a single measly RiverDuck fan on this board. And I've only seen one Cal fan ever. And what is a Utah fan? Does it exist? Maybe Bigfoot could tell us if he has ever seen such a creature.

Anyway, here are my picks.

ucla 2-1
osu 2-1
stan 2-1
usc 2-1
ariz 3-0
wsu 3-0

Hey- I am going on 3 years here.. Obviously the 11 are who count, and have been around for the long haul. We should have a reunion somewhere between Salem and Corvallis.. lol. Maybe have coffee, and right our picks down on paper. That would really weed out the has beens.. I feel like I have the potential to win the lottery if my quackers win there series this week. We love playing in California BTW.. hopefully that stays with us this year as well. Nothing hurt more than the sweep at OSU.. Last year softened it up a tad, but this year, winning a league game at Goss would be so sweet. ASU will be back. They are like the Trojans in the football realm. Watching DeMichele was absolutely sweet. That guy has the sweetest swing ever. With their pitching staff, and electric bats, they will finish strong. It would be so sweet if both OSU and Oregon got to host a regional. I am not sure if that could, or would happen. If both teams take care of business though- would put some huge pressure on the high ups. The lack of crowds thus far has be disconcerting, whereas the Beavs keep piling them in.
edited by Riverduck on 4/5/2012
0 permalink
4/5/2012 1:56:09 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
RD,

To be honest, the Beavs fan base picked up in 2005. then exploded in 06 and 07. Have your duckies win a CWS and the fans will come. Until then you know who are real fans and who isn't.

BTW...The 7th nationally ranked gymnastics team is competing at Auburn regionals on Saturday in an attempt for their 7th straight NCAA finals appearance.

GO GIRL BEAVS!!!!
+1 permalink
4/5/2012 8:12:30 AM

Rowdy
Rowdy
UCLA 2-1
OSU 2-1
STAN 3-0
CAL 2-1
UA 2-1
WSU 2-1
0 permalink
4/5/2012 9:27:29 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
RD,

To be honest, the Beavs fan base picked up in 2005. then exploded in 06 and 07. Have your duckies win a CWS and the fans will come. Until then you know who are real fans and who isn't.

BTW...The 7th nationally ranked gymnastics team is competing at Auburn regionals on Saturday in an attempt for their 7th straight NCAA finals appearance.

GO GIRL BEAVS!!!!

Yeah, checking in on other sports- Our girls softball seems to have more success than our baseball team. They seem to be in the upper echelon in the league, Crazy competition.. I should follow it more.
0 permalink
4/5/2012 1:26:49 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Yep. Kinda neat watching them. The Beavettes took a series over then #15 ducks (now #7) and then took a game against #7 UCLA (now #21) all in one week (1st time to take 3 games over top 25 teams in one week in 6 years) and are now ranked 23/25 in ESPN/USA Today polls, respectively. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. We play (currently ranked) #1 Cal, #5 ASU, #10 Washington at home and have #19 Arizona, #27 Stanford and #61 Utah on the road. So 4 of our 6 series left are top 25 teams. Damn rough Schedule. At least we got the really tough ones at home.

Y'all look pretty good with Arizona, Utah and Stanford on the road and Washington, Cal and UCLA at home.
0 permalink
4/5/2012 6:33:55 PM

cswanson2k7
cswanson2k7
UCLA 2-1
Arizona State 2-1
Stanford 3-0
Cal 2-1
Arizona 3-0
Washington State 3-0
0 permalink
4/5/2012 8:07:35 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Ducks trying to get Plutko out in the 4th. Up 5-0. We love playing in Cali..
0 permalink
4/5/2012 8:13:04 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I missed the Beaver's pregame show. Did anybody hear why Child started at pitcher and not Wetzler?
0 permalink
4/5/2012 9:03:19 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
I missed the Beaver's pregame show. Did anybody hear why Child started at pitcher and not Wetzler?
No- but it looks like child is getting beat up a bit.. Jones for the Ducks is seeing the ball well.
Keudell finishes the night with 22 consective scoreless innings. Really liking the way the ducks are hitting the ball right now. Pitching is expected.
0 permalink
4/5/2012 9:05:59 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Not real impressed tonight (hell, this season) with Nate. Time to pull Child and should have done it last inning.
0 permalink
4/5/2012 9:54:56 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I think Casey and Yeskie have given up on this game. No reason to put in Rodriquez and Starr. Neither have pitched worth a darn this year.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Not real impressed tonight (hell, this season) with Nate. Time to pull Child and should have done it last inning.
0 permalink
4/5/2012 10:00:13 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Unbelievable. Bases clearing double. 8-2 now. While I understand that they want Starr to succeed as he has had 3 TJ surgeries, he just doesn't seem to get it done.

BeaverBob wrote:
I think Casey and Yeskie have given up on this game. No reason to put in Rodriquez and Starr. Neither have pitched worth a darn this year.

Florida Beaver wrote:
0 permalink
4/5/2012 10:10:29 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Ducks play well vs good teams.. need to adjust that to ALL teams lol. Going for the series on Friday. Funny that Kendall admitted that Keudell is a good college pitcher.. Hmm 22 scoreless right now.. and the last two games were vs no slouches. A series win by the ducks, and a series loss by the beavs would ensure I win this week. REDEMPTION!!!
0 permalink
4/5/2012 10:20:51 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BeaverBob wrote:
What I understood was both Benny and Dan had pitched on the same day last weekend in the DH, Dan had pitched less (although the pitch count still sounded high), and had said he felt ready, so they gave Wetzler the extra day of rest, which will be one less than what he's used to.

I think Child was doing fine until that 4-run inning. And that was something of an anomaly, with the IBB and all of those runs coming on two hits and bases empty. Just tough. Then it snowballs, so give the other arms some work. We still have two games.
edited by Dodger Matt on 4/5/2012
0 permalink
4/5/2012 11:13:05 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, be careful to count your Ducks before they have hatched.

Riverduck wrote:
Ducks play well vs good teams.. need to adjust that to ALL teams lol. Going for the series on Friday. Funny that Kendall admitted that Keudell is a good college pitcher.. Hmm 22 scoreless right now.. and the last two games were vs no slouches. A series win by the ducks, and a series loss by the beavs would ensure I win this week. REDEMPTION!!!
+1 permalink
4/6/2012 8:12:15 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
RD, be careful to count your Ducks before they have hatched.
Yeah, I was pretty pumped up. We will see how we do tonight.

Riverduck wrote:
0 permalink
4/6/2012 9:14:43 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Beavs can credit Yeskie with at least half the losses this year...time to move on Casey (as in replace Yeskie)...
edited by OpihiMan on 4/6/2012
0 permalink
4/6/2012 5:40:19 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm not positive, but I think the following link will show the Beavers and ASU game tonight for free.

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/pages/sundevils_stream
0 permalink
4/6/2012 8:17:17 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Am I the only one having problems with the streaming link...the video will not load on any of my computers
0 permalink
4/6/2012 8:20:15 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ophiman, I had to use FireFox. I couldn't open it with Explorer.

OpihiMan wrote:
Am I the only one having problems with the streaming link...the video will not load on any of my computers
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 8