Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 7

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/31/2012 9:05:36 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
Speaking of game tracker, my wife and daughter caught me watching gametracker of the Standford/Arizona game, listening to the Ducks game, watching and listening to the Beavers game online, and doing some work. My daughter just looked at me and asked me if I was retarded and then said I needed to get a life.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Konner Wade is pitching a gem against the Cardinal. He's only allowed one runner, a hit batsman in the 2nd. Oh-- spoke too soon. I was going to say a no hitter through 5-plus innings, and Lonnie Kauppila got the Cardinal's first hit, a single to pitcher, according to GameTracker. I hope that wasn't a cheapass bunt. If it was a swinging bunt or a nubber that barely made it to the mound, then okay. But it's moot. Jake Stewart followed that with a double. Still, AZ clinging to a 1-0 lead.

edited by BeaverBob on 3/31/2012

BB-- yeah i have been inflicted with your same strife.. No use explaining to the family. I am just discreet and go to the shed.. when the wife asks what is up- I just say "work.." Very thankful for my livevideo subscription.
0 permalink
3/31/2012 9:31:19 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
Spending a few days at the Oregon Coast for Spring Break. My daughter bought me a t-shirt at one of the shops that reads: "My two favorite teams are the OSU Beavers and any team that beats the Ducks."

I'm very proud of my daughter. We took her to an OSU basketball game when she was 7 days old. She is now a freshmen at OSU.

With this said, I am also a fan of U of O. It's important that there is a place for the "slow kids" to attend.

OpihiMan wrote:
Duckies just dropped their 2ND midweek game to Texas State....yowza

texas state is in the rear view mirror now.. those two losses really mean nothing... now
edited by Riverduck on 3/31/2012
0 permalink
3/31/2012 9:39:07 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
Duckies just dropped their 2ND midweek game to Texas State....yowza

Keudell is a shoe in for pac pitcher of the week.
0 permalink
3/31/2012 11:18:53 PM

borgguy
borgguy
lots of movement after saturdays games, beaverbob fell from 1st to 10th, while ASU74 jumped from 11th up to first. Rowdy was the only one to pick arizona to beat stanford. without further ado here are the standings following saturdays games. again the first number next to a name is the most points possible, and the second number is fewest possible. if two players are tied whoever has the highest fewest points gets the edge

1 ASU74 22 11

2 Rowdy 21 12

t3 DodgerMatt 21 10
t3 ConnorOSU 21 10
t3 Florida Beaver 21 10

6 WCC1 20 9

t7 Borgguy 19 10
t7 MostUnknown 19 10
t7 FullertonBaseballFan 19 10

10 Beaver Bob 19 8

t11 Opihiman 18 9
t11 Wildcard85 18 9

13 Cswanson2k7 16 8

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/1/2012 12:28:21 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Saturday’s games
  • Arizona 4, Stanford 2. Arizona scored an unearned run in the 1st on a two-out single followed by a double and an error. Konner Wade had a no-hitter going through five innings, but Stanford knocked three hits in the 6th, grabbing a 2-1 lead. Arizona got those two runs back, both unearned, in the bottom of the frame. Then they tacked on a run (finally earned) in the 8th on a bases-loaded HBP RBI. Brett Mooneyham went 7.1 IP and allowed all four runs, though only the last one was earned. Konner Wade pitched the full nine and allowed only 3 hits and 2 runs (1 earned).
    Arizona leads series 2-0.
  • Game one: Washington 3, OSU 1 (10 innings). Entering the 10th tied 1-1, the Huskies led off with two singles against Tony Bryant. With runners at the corners and one out, they scored one on a suicide squeeze, then another on a dropped flyball. The Beavers scored one in the bottom of the 10th and left the tying run on third when Michael Conforto flied out to center.
  • Game two: OSU 9, Washington 0. All nine starters for OSU got at least one hit, and six of those nine got two hits, as the Beavers avenged an extra-inning loss in game one by slapping 15 hits and shutting out the Dawgs. Dan Child pitched 8.0 shutout innings, scattering 6 hits. Michael Conforto and Ryan Dunne hit homers, a two-run bomb and solo shot respectively.
    Series tied 1-1.
  • Game one: Oregon 1, ASU 0. Both starting pitchers--Brady Rodgers and Alex Keudell--pitched the entire games, but Keudell proved slightly better, even though their stats are virtually identical. Rodgers’s only mistake was a 1-0 solo homer to Aaron Jones. Both pitchers faced 30 batters and allowed 4 hits. Keudell struck out 2 and walked 2; Rodgers struck out 3 and walked none.
  • Game two: Oregon 3, ASU 1. The Ducks used the long ball again in game two, with two solo shots coming off Kyle Garlick’s bat. Oregon had another shutout until Joey DeMichele’s one-out solo blast off Jimmie Sherfy in the 9th.
    Oregon leads series 2-0.
  • UCLA 9, Utah 6. The Utes would not go away, inching back to within one or two runs every time UCLA put some distance between them. They actually outhit the Bruins 14-9. Tyler Heineman went 3 for 3 with 2 RBIs for UCLA. Trey Nielsen and Australian James Brooks were 3 for 5 for Utah.
    UCLA leads series 2-0.
  • Wazzu 9, USC 7. For a second day, Wazzu wrecked USC’s starter, scoring 4 runs on Ben Mount in the 1st and sending him packing after two innings, leading USC 5-0. But the Trojans scored a couple 3-run innings to take the lead after four, 6-5. Wazzu evened the score 6-6 in the 7th then jumped ahead 9-7 in the 8th. Wazzu had 17 hits to USC’s 13. With so much offense in the first two games using the top two pitchers for both teams, one has to wonder whether tomorrow’s game will break 30 combined runs.
    Series tied 1-1.
  • Cal 12, Texas 2. The Golden Bears returned the 10-run butt-whuppin’ favor to Texas today, jumping on freshman Parker French for four runs in the 1st, and led 7-0 after four innings. They outhit the Longhorns 17-8. Darrel Matthews was 4 for 4 with 2 RBIs.
    Series tied 1-1.
0 permalink
4/1/2012 12:37:05 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BeaverBob wrote:
Speaking of game tracker, my wife and daughter caught me watching gametracker of the Standford/Arizona game, listening to the Ducks game, watching and listening to the Beavers game online, and doing some work. My daughter just looked at me and asked me if I was retarded and then said I needed to get a life.

I'm almost in the same place, so I'm guessing I am probably not the only one here who is tired of seeing Jim Rome's cockeyed grill zoom in every ten seconds in GT's footer ad. Sheesh.
0 permalink
4/1/2012 4:11:07 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Wow- swept the Sun Devils in dramatic fashion. Wild thing made things interesting, but got the k with bases loaded 4-3.
0 permalink
4/1/2012 4:42:13 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Wow! Are the ducks for real? It almost appears as if they are!

Congrats for your sweep RD. Too bad you didn't make your picks. You probably would have picked yer ducks to sweep
0 permalink
4/1/2012 4:48:01 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
Wow! Are the ducks for real? It almost appears as if they are!

Congrats for your sweep RD. Too bad you didn't make your picks. You probably would have picked yer ducks to sweep

Actually, I would have said they would lose their series.. I am better off not predicting. Has not served me well with these ducks. After texas state, I was ready to take a break from this team. Sherfy always freaks me out when he gets put in. His new nickname, I am calling him wild thing.. but hey- he gets the job done. Happy with our top 3 pitchers, but after that we are pretty thin.. really wished we had christian jones right now.
0 permalink
4/1/2012 5:42:39 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Florida Beaver wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. We won't have scores final until tomorrow's Wazzu-USC game, but I already know the Duck sweep of ASU is now the lowest average score ever. And RD didn't pick this week. So sad....
0 permalink
4/1/2012 6:03:40 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm not looking forward to seeing my score this week. I picked ASU to sweep the Ducks. I think I need to play some reverse psychology. In fact, I'll start now. Next to the Beavers, the Ducks are my most favorite team in the world. Not only do they have wonderful athletic teams, I just love their liberal views.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. We won't have scores final until tomorrow's Wazzu-USC game, but I already know the Duck sweep of ASU is now the lowest average score ever. And RD didn't pick this week. So sad....
0 permalink
4/1/2012 6:51:24 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Don't forget intelligent, humble, and lawful!

BeaverBob wrote:
I'm not looking forward to seeing my score this week. I picked ASU to sweep the Ducks. I think I need to play some reverse psychology. In fact, I'll start now. Next to the Beavers, the Ducks are my most favorite team in the world. Not only do they have wonderful athletic teams, I just love their liberal views.
0 permalink
4/1/2012 9:53:22 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Sunday’s games
  • Arizona 6, Stanford 2. First time Arizona has swept Stanford since 1993. James Farris (4-1) pitched the full nine innings for the win, limiting the Cardinal to 6 hits and 2 (earned) runs. Arizona’s Joey Rickard was 3 for 5 with 1 RBI, and Robert Refsnyder was 2 for 3 with 3 RBIs, all on a 3-run homer in the 5th.
    Arizona sweeps series 3-0.
  • OSU 5, Washington 3. The Huskies scored three unearned runs in the first two innings on three Beaver errors. But Jace Frye (2-1) was solid, allowing only 2 hits over 7 IP, and the defense held the rest of the way. The Huskies loaded the bases in the 9th with one out, getting a single off Matt Boyd and two more off Tony Bryant, but BRyant struck out Caleb Brown and induced a ground out to end it for his fifth save. Michael Conforto got his second 2-run homer in as many days, in the 1st inning. Tyler Smith, the conference’s top hitter, improved his batting average, going 2 for 4, with 2 RBIs. Smith extended his hit streak to a season-long seven games, during which he is 15-for-26 (.577) with 8 RBIs.
    Oregon State wins series 2-1.
  • Oregon 4, ASU 3. The Ducks tally a rare conference sweep against Arizona State. Duck pitching once again blanked the Devils until late in the game, leading 3-0 after six. In the 7th, ASU got on the board. Oregon got it back in the 8th, which was good for them since ASU plated two in the 9th for a late, failed comeback bid.
    Oregon sweeps series 3-0.
  • UCLA 5, Utah 1. UCLA gave Utah the pac-12 greeting everyone thought they should have received two weeks ago. The sad thing for the Utes is, they did not win a Pac-12 home game this weekend and next week host Arizona, the new dominant team in the league, so their prospects of logging their first home conference victory may very well have to wait until Washington visits SLC on April 27. Grant Watson pitched 6 innings for the win.
    UCLA sweeps series 3-0.
  • Wazzu-USC: Rained out. Will play final game tomorrow.
    Series tied 1-1.
  • Cal 6, Texas 5. Turning around a horrible first game, the Cal Golden Bears evened the series yesterday with a thrashing of the Longhorns and took the series finale on a close one. Texas tied the game at 2 and at 4, and, behind 6-4 after six innings, inched closer with a run in the 8th, but that was all. Joey Donofrio pitched 2.1 IP, facing 8 batters and allowing only one hit, for the win. Mitch Delfino was 2 for 5 with 2 RBIs. (For some reason, they canceled the DH yesterday and settled on three games instead of four.)
    Cal wins series 2-1.
0 permalink
4/2/2012 7:47:24 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Summary

You probably thought Week 5 scores were bad (and they were), when USC was picked to sweep Utah by 14 of 15 then lost the series 2-1 (average score of 1.07). But this week’s were even worse, lowlighted by the new all-time lowest average score of 0.75 for the Oregon sweep of ASU, and two scores below 2.00: Arizona 3-0 over Stanford (1.17) and Cal 2-1 over Texas (1.92).

That does not take into account the fact that the postponed rubber match between USC and Wazzu has now been postponed until Tuesday, May 15. So I can’t add that series to this week’s scores...yet. It will have to wait until that final game is played. In the meantime, here are your temporary scores for Week 7.

14.0 ASU74
14.0 cswanson2k7
13.0 ConnorOSU
13.0 Dodger Matt
13.0 Florida Beaver
12.0 Rowdy
12.0 WCC1
11.0 BeaverBob
11.0 FullertonBaseballFan
11.0 OpihiMan
10.0 borgguy
10.0 MostUnknown
9.0 WildCard85

FYI, everyone’s score will be 2 or 4 points higher than what you see above, when that final game is played. Another way to look at it is this: You already have two more points than what is listed. If the team you picked (USC or Wazzu) wins, you get an extra two points. In any case, the “winner” this week will be either ASU74 (if Wazzu wins) or cswanson2k7 (if USC wins), one of whom will have a total of 18 points.
edited by Dodger Matt on 4/2/2012
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 Predictions: Week 7