Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Master Rankings - Week 1, 2/20/12

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/21/2012 1:36:12 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
For those of you that remember I used to compile and post what I would call the "master" rankings at rivals.com...I've moved over to Perfect Game USA as I personally see this as having one of the best college baseball analysts, Kendall. I compile the top 5 polls in the college baseball realm (at least the one's I think are the most important) and average them together to give a "fair" representation of how the college baseball world ranks these teams. The polls I use are; Perfect Game USA, Collegiate Baseball, NCBWA, Baseball America, and USA Today/ ESPN Coaches poll (though they won't release their first poll until next week and are not including in this first week). If people like this I will keep posting on a weekly basis so let me know.

My formula is pretty simple, 25 points for 1st in a poll 1 for 25th....add them all up and teams are then ranked in order based on the amount of points they have.

1. Florida
t2. Stanford
t2. South Carolina
4. Texas A&M
5. Rice
6. Arkansas
7. North Carolina
8. LSU
9. Texas
10. Georgia Tech
11. Florida State
12. Arizona State