Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Biggest surprise, biggest disappointment in 2011?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/29/2011 3:05:39 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
I'm really curious to see what everyone thinks in this category ......

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
6/29/2011 3:41:31 PM

weg313
weg313
Can't call Cal a surprise as many of us projected them as a Top 20 team preseason. I'll go with UCF as the biggest surprise (most thought they'd be improved, but not Top 30 caliber), and a tie between UCLA and TCU as biggest disappointments (vs. preseason expectations).

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
6/29/2011 6:05:53 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
WEG -- Not a bad call at all on UCF ... I think to be fair to TCU, it had some serious injuries in the postseason that were pretty much impossible to overcome.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
6/30/2011 8:03:17 AM

gamecocks1
gamecocks1
I did not even know who Dallas Baptist was before this season. I would say they were the biggest surprise.

I thought LSU would make more noise than they did. I know they were young and played better as the season progressed, but for them not to make the regionals had to be a huge disappointment.
edited by gamecocks1 on 6/30/2011
0 permalink
6/30/2011 9:51:53 AM

weg313
weg313
Dallas Baptist has been a top 35 - 50 calber team for the past 3-4 years, and many of us would argue that the team a couple year's back was far better than this year's squad. Highly potent offense. The problem is that they are an independent and, consequently, though they play a tough mid-week schedule against most of the elite teams in Texas, their weekend competition is extremely weak.

--
In Wayne Graham we trust.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Biggest surprise, biggest disappointment in 2011?