Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » FSU looking for a new pitching coach?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/14/2011 5:16:12 PM

fsugeo
fsugeo
Bet on it, and I think they wind up with Mike Bell from Oklahoma.
0 permalink
6/14/2011 5:44:30 PM

jdh008
jdh008
I don't know enough about the situation to know if it's time for Shouppe to go, but you really have to start asking questions. They are going to lose Gilmartin, Bennett and McGee and there doesn't appear to be much behind them.

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
6/14/2011 5:57:32 PM

fsugeo
fsugeo
It is time and it is far from a knee jerk reaction. The fact that the 09, 10 and 11 teams could even get to a SR is shocking. That the 2010 team went to the CWS is mind blowing.

I am interested to see what a real pitching coach could do for the program.
0 permalink
6/15/2011 10:12:00 AM

cmk4pres
cmk4pres
Worst pitching staff I have ever seen in a Super....

--
The University of Texas @ Omaha
0 permalink
6/15/2011 4:15:17 PM

fsugeo
fsugeo
cmk4pres wrote:

Sadly, it was better than last year's staff that not only went to Omaha, but won a game.
0 permalink
6/15/2011 4:25:02 PM

shoelessT
shoelessT
fsugeo wrote:
cmk4pres wrote:

Sadly, it was better than last year's staff that not only went to Omaha, but won a game.

You think it was better than last years staff? Gilmartin was terrible last year and great this year but you at least had Gast and Parker last year and Mcgee was a solid closer (although I would argue he was not really prepared to be the closer during the season).
0 permalink
6/15/2011 7:04:12 PM

fsugeo
fsugeo
shoelessT wrote:
fsugeo wrote:
cmk4pres wrote:

You think it was better than last years staff? Gilmartin was terrible last year and great this year but you at least had Gast and Parker last year and Mcgee was a solid closer (although I would argue he was not really prepared to be the closer during the season).
I think it was easily better than last years staff. Gast and Parker were Busch and Scantling last year. You never knew what you were getting out of those guys.

This year we only had a #1, but it was a true #1. Last year we didn't have anything.

Bennett was as good this year as McGee was last year in the closer's role, so the only thing last year had was an extra arm over this year, but Gilmartin this year puts this staff ahead of last year and its not a tough decision.

Now, talent wise, with someone who could coach, last years staff wins because it was the exact same staff plus Parker and Gast. So a real coach should be able to get some production out of them.

For performance though, this year exceeds last year.
0 permalink
6/15/2011 7:12:25 PM

gatoremt
gatoremt
I can not remember when I was comfortable with FSU pitching. It has had to of been at least 6 yrs.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » FSU looking for a new pitching coach?