Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » UALR

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/30/2011 11:44:25 AM

sigsky
sigsky
Hmmm (24-32) record. Well that's why we have conference tournaments but LSU should not have to suffer because UALR won the Sun Belt Tourney! Take the bid away from FIU and give it to LSU. I'll be happy to serve on the selection committee next year.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 11:54:55 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Sigsky, that's why we SHOULD NOT HAVE conference tournaments. The 8th place team in the Sun Belt wins its tournament and gets in? Why are they even in their tournament? These conferences that do this to the rest of college baseball should be limited to one bid only. If you, Mr. Sun Belt Conference Commissioner, are willing to throw away the chances of legitimate postseason teams like Troy, FIU, Lou-La, and WKU to allow a dog like Old UALR steal the conference autobid, then go ahead with your stupid 8-team conference tournament. But nobody else gets in if a team lower than 4th place in your league wins the autobid.

That's how I see it.
+1 permalink
5/30/2011 2:54:28 PM

The Ghost of Dan Canevari
sigsky wrote:
Hmmm (24-32) record. Well that's why we have conference tournaments but LSU should not have to suffer because UALR won the Sun Belt Tourney! Take the bid away from FIU and give it to LSU. I'll be happy to serve on the selection committee next year.

Thats a pretty un-intelligent comment... How are you going to take the regional at large bid from a team like FIU that actually made its conference tournament, made it to the championship game in the conference tourney, played teams like stetson, rice, baylor, texas A&M OOC and away from home, has 40 wins, RPI in the 20s, etc... And give it to LSU that didnt make their conference tournament, had a losing conf. record, played every game at home, and really didnt deserve to make a regional this year?????? Why should they make it; just bc they are called LSU and play in the SEC?!?!?! Re-think that one buddy.
0 permalink
5/30/2011 6:59:53 PM

Not to mention that 10 of LSU's 13 conference wins were against the bottom of the conference.
0 permalink
5/31/2011 4:15:48 AM

basscat3
basscat3
The Ghost of Dan Canevari wrote:
sigsky wrote:

Thats a pretty un-intelligent comment... How are you going to take the regional at large bid from a team like FIU that actually made its conference tournament, made it to the championship game in the conference tourney, played teams like stetson, rice, baylor, texas A&M OOC and away from home, has 40 wins, RPI in the 20s, etc... And give it to LSU that didnt make their conference tournament, had a losing conf. record, played every game at home, and really didnt deserve to make a regional this year?????? Why should they make it; just bc they are called LSU and play in the SEC?!?!?! Re-think that one buddy.

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

Stop crying LSU fans You don't deserve to be in!!!! Bottom line!!!!
0 permalink
5/31/2011 5:30:28 AM

CDinSV
CDinSV
sigsky wrote:

Really? Here's an idea, before LSU Boy thinks that just because LSU wins 36 games (7 games on the road/neutral site) and only makes a "run" towards the post season is because they win games against the bottom of the SEC (which has already been mentioned) maybe he needs to look around at some of the other bubble teams that didn't get in and are NOT crying about it. LSU was pathetic for most of the season...a pathetic team doesn't deserve to be in the field, even if their name is LSU.

One team that if you ask me has a better resume than "Almighty LSU" is Independant Cal State Bakersfield (33-22). The ONLY team with the balls to travel to both South Carolina and UCLA the year after those two get to the championship and take games from BOTH. The only thing that I can figure out that kept them from being in the field was a 1-8 homestand against the likes of UC Riverside, K State (Got in), & UC Irvine (Got in).

Any thoughts from others? Tell ya what, why don't we get a tournament together on today & tomorrow in Ft. Worth. In the tournament is CSUB Vs. LSU. The winner of that game goes on to face UALR. The winner of that game gets to take the UALR spot in the Ft. Worth Regional. Cool with that?
edited by CDinSV on 5/31/2011
edited by CDinSV on 5/31/2011
0 permalink
6/2/2011 10:43:17 AM

borgguy
borgguy
hey, *IM* glad UALR made it in, because its an easy win for my beavs, id rather face them then a team like LSU any day

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/2/2011 11:19:59 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:
hey, *IM* glad UALR made it in, because its an easy win for my beavs, id rather face them then a team like LSU any day
Yeah, but you guys play good vs legit teams.
0 permalink
6/3/2011 4:32:01 AM

Bamzooo
Bamzooo
Make the Regular season champs the automatic bids and keep the tournaments. Boom, Roasted.
0 permalink
6/3/2011 3:29:31 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Bamzooo wrote:
Make the Regular season champs the automatic bids and keep the tournaments. Boom, Roasted.

Why even keep the tournament? Then they would become absolutely pointless.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post