Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Do conference tournaments suck?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/28/2011 11:55:32 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Some ACC fans on this board have expressed their dissatisfaction with theirs. I have disparaged them in the past, pointing to particularly odious examples where the better team (regular season champion by far) was upended by a hot 7 or 8 seed and sat home while the sub-.500 8 seed went a quick and embarrassing 0-2 in the postseason. I am happy the Pac-10 does not have one and hoping they do not go to one when the list of teams in baseball expands next year. But are there any conference tournaments that "work"? People point to the SEC as perhaps the only example. But to me it means more games played internally, when they could be playing more OOC games and mix it up a bit more interregionally.

So, if this were a Rivals POLL, it would look like this:

Do conference tournaments suck?

1. Yes, they totally suck. We should eliminate them all and only take conference regular season champions for all autobids for the postseason.
2. Yes, they suck, but a couple of conference tournaments do not suck totally, and they're fun.
3. No, they don't suck, but-- Oh look! A squirrel!
0 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Do conference tournaments suck?