Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 15 predictions

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 .. 9 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/27/2011 9:53:15 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
BeaverBob wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:
So in other slightly less relevant news, How bout former UCLA SS Brandon Crawford blasting a Grand Slam for his first hit in his first Major League game and now trending worldwide on Twitter? Can I get an 8 clap?

Nice way to make an entrance. What's an 8 clap? Sounds venereal.

BTW, Beaver fans who dislike the Ducks' game tracker: You can still view the game using the real GameTracker.

This discussion made me think of a girl I dated from the University of Oregon when I was attending Oregon State -- Oh well - Lessons learned as a young man.

I think Mostunknown might be referring to the following:

http://www.livevideo.com/video/beachgirl/E24A4D49F40C42D5BC3131DCBBFAEEA6/ucla-8-clap.aspx

The judges will accept either answer. It is in fact something you get tested for after spending time at any Oregon university. But also a UCLA cheer.
UCLA showing some offense on a Friday night(ASU's errors aside) and the Duckies doing work. It's like the bizzaro world. Pac 10 title hopes are still alive!
(Knock on wood)

Looks like the Bruins are in control, 7-3. How is Cole Pitching? I see ASU h 8 hits, but only 3 runs.

He looks good. They've gotten to him a few times but he's battled well and gotten out of some bad situations. This game should probably be much closer if not for that 5 run disaster in the sixth. Brady Rodgers was cruising and the defense let him down.
UCLA piling on now. With Bauer going tomorrow, starting to really like UCLA to take this series.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 10:01:25 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
DM,

Thanks for the Gametracker link. I hate that ducktracker. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 10:09:48 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ducks break it open, 4-1 in bottom of 7th. Tyler Smith just booted a routine ground ball. Looks like an interesting final week in the Pac 10.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 10:14:11 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Maybe it's just my orange colored glasses tonight, but I hope the mass-firings of PAC-12 refs extends to baseball too...
0 permalink
5/27/2011 10:49:57 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
How can Susac take strike three so often? I mean, if it's close, I'd rather have my best slugger swinging at it rather than hope the ump says it missed and get a walk.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 10:55:04 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
MostUnknown wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
MostUnknown wrote:
So in other slightly less relevant news, How bout former UCLA SS Brandon Crawford blasting a Grand Slam for his first hit in his first Major League game and now trending worldwide on Twitter? Can I get an 8 clap?

Nice way to make an entrance. What's an 8 clap? Sounds venereal.

BTW, Beaver fans who dislike the Ducks' game tracker: You can still view the game using the real GameTracker.

This discussion made me think of a girl I dated from the University of Oregon when I was attending Oregon State -- Oh well - Lessons learned as a young man.

I think Mostunknown might be referring to the following:

http://www.livevideo.com/video/beachgirl/E24A4D49F40C42D5BC3131DCBBFAEEA6/ucla-8-clap.aspx

The judges will accept either answer. It is in fact something you get tested for after spending time at any Oregon university. But also a UCLA cheer.
UCLA showing some offense on a Friday night(ASU's errors aside) and the Duckies doing work. It's like the bizzaro world. Pac 10 title hopes are still alive!
(Knock on wood)

Looks like the Bruins are in control, 7-3. How is Cole Pitching? I see ASU h 8 hits, but only 3 runs.

He looks good. They've gotten to him a few times but he's battled well and gotten out of some bad situations. This game should probably be much closer if not for that 5 run disaster in the sixth. Brady Rodgers was cruising and the defense let him down.
UCLA piling on now. With Bauer going tomorrow, starting to really like UCLA to take this series.

Beavs drop their third in a row. Your Bruins are now tied for the Pac 10 lead.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 10:55:41 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
What a horrible time for beaver bats to go quiet and errors to start popping up. How embarrassing.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 11:02:04 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Day one

Oregon 4, Oregon State 1: Danny Pulfer led off with a double for the Ducks in the bottom of the 1st, advanced on a sac bunt, and scored on a sac fly to give Oregon a 1-0 lead. The Ducks scored an unearned run in the 3rd on two infield singles and an error. The Beavers got one back in the 7th on a Ryan Dunn single followed by Parker Berberet’s double. But KC Serna lined a 2-run homer over the left field fence in the corner in the bottom half to give Oregon a 4-1 lead. That was just Gaviglio’s second homer allowed all season. Tyler Anderson pitched 7.2 innings with 10 Ks, 2 BB, and one run to improve to 8-3. Gaviglio (6.2 IP, 6 Ks, 2 BB) dropped to 11-2.

Oregon leads series 1-0.

UCLA 10, ASU 3: With three straight singles to start the game, the Bruins jumped to a 2-0 lead in the 1st. The Devils got one back in the 2nd on Zach Wilson’s leadoff homer, tied it in the 4th on doubles by Joey DeMichele and Matt Newman, then took a 3-2 lead in the 5th. But the Bruins exploded for 5 runs in the 6th, with the first five batters reaching base safely before ASU recorded an out. UCLA added two in the 8th to take a 9-3 lead, then tacked on an unearned run in the 9th for the final score. Gerrit Cole went 8 IP, with 9 SO, 4 BB, 9 hits, and 3 runs (all earned). Pat Valaika and Cody Regis had 2 hits and 2 RBIs. Brady Rogers (8-4) went 6 IP, with 9 Ks and no walks in the loss, yielding 7 runs (only 3 earned). The game was not particularly clean in terms of defense, with UCLA committing 3 errors and ASU 4. With the win, UCLA jumps ahead of ASU in the standings and are now tied with Oregon State--who lost the first Civil War game--for 1st.

UCLA leads series 1-0.

Stanford 3, California 2: Mark Appel (5-6) pitched into the eighth and Chris Reed shut the door on the final five outs for his seventh save. Erik Johnson (6-3) went the first seven innings, tying his career high with 11 strikeouts, but allowing two of his four walks to score and leaving with a 3-2 deficit. Cal, led by Marcus Semien, who went 3 for 4, outhit Stanford 9-5. Tyler Gaffney went 2 for 4 with one RBI for the Cardinal. The teams will play a double-header tomorrow.

Stanford leads series 1-0.

Arizona 9, Washington 0: Kurt Heyer pitched a complete game shutout, striking out 5 and walking none to win game one. UW got seven hits against Heyer but couldn’t string them together to scratch a single run. The Wildcats, on the other hand, were able to cash in their 11 hits and 5 free passes (4W 1 HBP). Robert Refsnyder led the Cats going 2 for 2 with 3 RBIs. Chase Anselment went 3 for 3 for UW.

Arizona leads series 1-0.

USC 6, Washington State 2: Andrew Triggs (5-4) struck out a career-high 13 over 7.2 innings, and surrendered 8 hits and one earned run. Adam Conley lost in his last game as a Cougar. Kevin Roundtree led the Trojans, going 2 for 4 with 2 RBIs, and Ricky Oropesa clubbed his seventh homer of the season, adding two RBIs . Derek Jones led the Cougs, going 2 for 4 with 1 RBI.

USC leads series 1-0.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 11:06:12 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
Day one

Oregon 4, Oregon State 1: Danny Pulfer led off with a double for the Ducks in the bottom of the 1st, advanced on a sac bunt, and scored on a sac fly to give Oregon a 1-0 lead. The Ducks scored an unearned run in the 3rd on two infield singles and an error. The Beavers got one back in the 7th on a Ryan Dunn single followed by Parker Berberet’s double. But KC Serna lined a 2-run homer over the left field fence in the corner in the bottom half to give Oregon a 4-1 lead. That was just Gaviglio’s second homer allowed all season. Tyler Anderson pitched 7.2 innings with 10 Ks, 2 BB, and one run to improve to 8-3. Gaviglio (6.2 IP, 6 Ks, 2 BB) dropped to 11-2.

Oregon leads series 1-0.

UCLA 10, ASU 3: With three straight singles to start the game, the Bruins jumped to a 2-0 lead in the 1st. The Devils got one back in the 2nd on Zach Wilson’s leadoff homer, tied it in the 4th on doubles by Joey DeMichele and Matt Newman, then took a 3-2 lead in the 5th. But the Bruins exploded for 5 runs in the 6th, with the first five batters reaching base safely before ASU recorded an out. UCLA added two in the 8th to take a 9-3 lead, then tacked on an unearned run in the 9th for the final score. Gerrit Cole went 8 IP, with 9 SO, 4 BB, 9 hits, and 3 runs (all earned). Pat Valaika and Cody Regis had 2 hits and 2 RBIs. Brady Rogers (8-4) went 6 IP, with 9 Ks and no walks in the loss, yielding 7 runs (only 3 earned). The game was not particularly clean in terms of defense, with UCLA committing 3 errors and ASU 4. With the win, UCLA jumps ahead of ASU in the standings and are now tied with Oregon State--who lost the first Civil War game--for 1st.

UCLA leads series 1-0.

Stanford 3, California 2: Mark Appel (5-6) pitched into the eighth and Chris Reed shut the door on the final five outs for his seventh save. Erik Johnson (6-3) went the first seven innings, tying his career high with 11 strikeouts, but allowing two of his four walks to score and leaving with a 3-2 deficit. Cal, led by Marcus Semien, who went 3 for 4, outhit Stanford 9-5. Tyler Gaffney went 2 for 4 with one RBI for the Cardinal. The teams will play a double-header tomorrow.

Stanford leads series 1-0.

Arizona 9, Washington 0: Kurt Heyer pitched a complete game shutout, striking out 5 and walking none to win game one. UW got seven hits against Heyer but couldn’t string them together to scratch a single run. The Wildcats, on the other hand, were able to cash in their 11 hits and 5 free passes (4W 1 HBP). Robert Refsnyder led the Cats going 2 for 2 with 3 RBIs. Chase Anselment went 3 for 3 for UW.

Arizona leads series 1-0.

USC 6, Washington State 2: Andrew Triggs (5-4) struck out a career-high 13 over 7.2 innings, and surrendered 8 hits and one earned run. Adam Conley lost in his last game as a Cougar. Kevin Roundtree led the Trojans, going 2 for 4 with 2 RBIs, and Ricky Oropesa clubbed his seventh homer of the season, adding two RBIs . Derek Jones led the Cougs, going 2 for 4 with 1 RBI.

USC leads series 1-0.

DM, thanks for the quick summary. It looks like UCLA might be the hottest team heading to regionals. I can't think of a better pitching rotation. Not sure what is up with the Beavs.
0 permalink
5/28/2011 12:28:56 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Well, they played well, but they also got some breaks. And Casey did not score when he should have. With Susac on third with one out, he should have had Keyes safety squeeze. I know he's got a hot bat, and he did put a zing on the ball, but those are the odds. They needed that run. A 3-2 walk followed by a line drive home run that barely cleared the foul pole? That's lucky. And those errors in the 3rd that led to that unearned run. It was winnable.

Credit the Ducks, cuz they did outplay us. But we only need to win the next two. I don't think UCLA will sweep, but I feel a little easier (even with our loss) that they took the first game from ASU.
0 permalink
5/28/2011 1:11:53 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
What a horrible time for beaver bats to go quiet and errors to start popping up. How embarrassing.

FB- I watched the game.. and your Beavs really did not play too bad. The Ducks pretty much played one of their better games all year. TA pitched a masterful performance and pretty much dominated your batters. It was his night. Looks like that performance pretty much solidified that he is no longer a Duck once the season is over. I will tell you- he has been one hell of a pitcher for the Ducks, and will go down as one of the better ones period. Class act. Sam ran into some perfectly executed ball in the first couple, and had a hard time finding his zone. By the time he was rolling, his pitch count was so high that Serna sat on a fastball in his wheelhouse. Pretty much killed the ball. Not getting Susac in also hurt the Beavs, and keeping stamps off the bases was probably the biggest key. 10 k's is alot for the Beavs. Hopefully their bats stay flat, and timely hitting is off. Also was wondering why PC did not pitch his normal relievers.. Although the two he brought in did pretty well. Not too many teams this year have been able to win a series start against Sam. CJ on the hill, last time he beat you guys, so we will see what happens.
This Civil War win is soooo sweet. This season is pretty much complete for me now. Go Ducks, and hope for a series win going into the off-season.
0 permalink
5/28/2011 1:18:20 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
How can Susac take strike three so often? I mean, if it's close, I'd rather have my best slugger swinging at it rather than hope the ump says it missed and get a walk.

It was at his ankles pretty much.. Gav got a few of those as well though.
0 permalink
5/28/2011 1:20:18 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
Well, they played well, but they also got some breaks. And Casey did not score when he should have. With Susac on third with one out, he should have had Keyes safety squeeze. I know he's got a hot bat, and he did put a zing on the ball, but those are the odds. They needed that run. A 3-2 walk followed by a line drive home run that barely cleared the foul pole? That's lucky. And those errors in the 3rd that led to that unearned run. It was winnable.

Credit the Ducks, cuz they did outplay us. But we only need to win the next two. I don't think UCLA will sweep, but I feel a little easier (even with our loss) that they took the first game from ASU.

Watching Serna hit that HR... He absolutely crushed it.. Near the foul pole? 10 feet maybe.
0 permalink
5/28/2011 1:24:17 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

Watching Serna hit that HR... He absolutely crushed it.. Near the foul pole? 10 feet maybe.

I knew we were going to win in the first innning when pulfer smashed a double, perfect sac, and a nice sac fly to right. Textbook ball IMO. Tyler was hitting his spots, and pretty much put on a clinic.. the Beavs looked confused at the plate. Granted Susac, and Keyes his a couple good ones. Your outfielder Stamps is freaking fast.. Glad he was kept off the bases tonight.
0 permalink
5/28/2011 1:26:28 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

I knew we were going to win in the first innning when pulfer smashed a double, perfect sac, and a nice sac fly to right. Textbook ball IMO. Tyler was hitting his spots, and pretty much put on a clinic.. the Beavs looked confused at the plate. Granted Susac, and Keyes his a couple good ones. Your outfielder Stamps is freaking fast.. Glad he was kept off the bases tonight.

For UCLA- I think they take the series. Maybe sweep..
0 permalink
5/28/2011 10:19:08 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
SouthernBeaver wrote:
Does pk park have all fieldturf or is it a hybrid like goss? My dad called a few days ago asking if tonight's tickets would apply if it moved to Saturday, and they told him the turf would make a schedule change very unlikely.

It's all field turf except the mound. I'd still be surprised if they get the game in tonight looking at the forecast. I'm debating if I am going to head to Eugene. Sourthern Beaver, if I do head down, I'll be in Section 4, along the first baseline. Just look for a middle-aged man, full set of hair, a little overweight, dressed in OSU garb.

It appears they just released some additional tickets for the weekend.

Bob, I will be above the visiter's dugout (not sure which side it is there) with my wife and my parents (in their late 50s). I'm in my 20s and will have glasses, a black OS hat, and black OSU Band rain jacket.. but all 4 of us will have bright orange panchos if the forecast is accurate.

You can always sneak under the roof on the way to some snacks.. I may watch the game at my Mom's, and if it is close, I might hustle to the park for the last 2 or 3 innings.

I was going to watch the last few innings at the park- was driving and got all freaked out, went back to watch Serna blast a hr. Glad I went back. Actually had a good time watching it on T.V. Thought it was cool when they interview Horton during the 5th inning. He seemed pretty relaxed.
0 permalink
5/28/2011 1:41:27 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

For UCLA- I think they take the series. Maybe sweep..

I doubt UCLA sweeps. They're too inconsistent offensively and ASU will not be swept at home. I think ASU beats Trevor Bauer tonight. It will be tough for sure, but they can do it. The Beavers will bounce back today and play better, part of the offensive struggles last night was who was and who wasn't in the lineup. Garrett Nash started instead of Norris made no logical sense and Tyler Smith has been struggling for a while, would have liked to have seen Jake Rodriguez and Jared in there. Everyone else is fine. Riverduck, I bet you were getting nervous when Boer gave up a hit and went 3-1 on Dunn? Oregon has had trouble holding leads all year, I thought the Beavers had a shot there.
0 permalink
5/28/2011 2:38:17 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BB20, if the Ducks have a lead and they bring in Gas Can McGough, count on a Beaver rebound.
0 permalink
5/28/2011 3:02:16 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Oh yea Gods of Baseball........Hear the Beaver pleas..........You know the Beaver is the favorite...........Man like nothing better than Beavers........Man likes almost nothing better than roast Duck(see previous plea)...........Beavers cannot be beaten with your help, GOB........let the lightening touch the Beaver bats making them hard and strong........Lend the Beaver feet wings and make them fleet.......Make Beaver eyes sharp........Make Beaver mitts ball magnets.........Lend the Beaver arms muscles true and strong.......

Oh yea Gods of Baseball........hear our plea and let the Ducks be plucked........Let the earth draw Duck bats down making the weak and unable to rise.........Give the Duck wings to the Beavers........Blind the Ducks and let the sunlight shine in their eyes........Make Duck mitts full of holes.........Suck the strength from the Duck arms and legs....

Oh yea Gods of Baseball... Hear the plea from your Beavers......Brown Beavers.......Black Beavers........Silver Beavers.......Red Beavers........The rare and elusive true Blonde Beaver.........The shaved Beavers......The short haired Beavers.....The long haired Beaver.......The Beavers of every shape......The Beaver of every size......The good smelling Beavers.....The bad smelling Beavers (give them a bath too).......Tall Beavers.....Short Beavers......Wide Beavers......Skinny Beavers.......Pretty Beavers.......Ugly Beavers......Average Beavers.......Oh yea Gods of Baseball......Hear the prayer of every Beaver in the US of A........Let every Beaver be praised.......Let us kneel and worship the Beavers........From afar and from close......Let every Beaver rejoice and share their blessing......Oh yea Gods of Baseball.......Hear our plea.....
0 permalink
5/28/2011 3:07:28 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
Oh yea Gods of Baseball........Hear the Beaver pleas..........You know the Beaver is the favorite...........Man like nothing better than Beavers........Man likes almost nothing better than roast Duck(see previous plea)...........Beavers cannot be beaten with your help, GOB........let the lightening touch the Beaver bats making them hard and strong........Lend the Beaver feet wings and make them fleet.......Make Beaver eyes sharp........Make Beaver mitts ball magnets.........Lend the Beaver arms muscles true and strong.......

Oh yea Gods of Baseball........hear our plea and let the Ducks be plucked........Let the earth draw Duck bats down making the weak and unable to rise.........Give the Duck wings to the Beavers........Blind the Ducks and let the sunlight shine in their eyes........Make Duck mitts full of holes.........Suck the strength from the Duck arms and legs....

Oh yea Gods of Baseball... Hear the plea from your Beavers......Brown Beavers.......Black Beavers........Silver Beavers.......Red Beavers........The rare and elusive true Blonde Beaver.........The shaved Beavers......The short haired Beavers.....The long haired Beaver.......The Beavers of every shape......The Beaver of every size......The good smelling Beavers.....The bad smelling Beavers (give them a bath too).......Tall Beavers.....Short Beavers......Wide Beavers......Skinny Beavers.......Pretty Beavers.......Ugly Beavers......Average Beavers.......Oh yea Gods of Baseball......Hear the prayer of every Beaver in the US of A........Let every Beaver be praised.......Let us kneel and worship the Beavers........From afar and from close......Let every Beaver rejoice and share their blessing......Oh yea Gods of Baseball.......Hear our plea.....

Amen!
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 .. 9 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 15 predictions