Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 15 predictions

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 9 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/25/2011 5:44:04 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Ore 3-0
ASU 3-0
CAL 2-1
ARIZ 2-1
USC 2-1
http://www.goducks.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=500&id=773538&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=500

Pulfer has had a heck of a year. Thinks we still have a shot. If the beavs won last week maybe.. this week the beavs are just a top 10 team. Very beatable.

Pefect timing for the Beavs to play their worst now. For Stamps to suggest they have not played their last game at Goss is ludicrous. So hope they travel across the country. The projected regional is a joke. Did you look at the teams they will play. All I can hope for is the way they played at PK last year would be nice. Our bats have been getting hotter, and the last time you faced our Tuesday starter, he is now starting on Sat. So Good luck.

Well, RD, I hope your team WILL rely on luck. I think Coach Casey lit a fire in some players and assistant coaches backside these last few days and luck will have very little to do with this weekend. So...... we'll see who is the best in the valley. I know the answer to that as long as the "right" team shows up in your sugar daddy stadium. And if you remember nothing else I said this year, remember this.........

You thinking your team is better than a bunch of pissed off beavers is more dangerous than bare-backing a 5 dollar whore. So bring it!!!!
0 permalink
5/25/2011 5:50:51 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
http://www.goducks.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=500&id=773540&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=500

More good stuff on our team.. "Buffet of Failure" makes us all sad.

Sweep and I will be happy.. Great interview 1-1.. best team in the state.. head to head. If they beat us, they should be a national seed. IMO..
Beav fans- you should watch this.. This is why I like this coach.
edited by Riverduck on 5/25/2011
0 permalink
5/25/2011 5:58:47 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OSU asked to practice at PK park.... wow. Horton is a class act.
0 permalink
5/25/2011 7:14:14 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Riverduck wrote:
http://www.goducks.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=500&id=773538&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=500
Pulfer has had a heck of a year. Thinks we still have a shot. If the beavs won last week maybe.. this week the beavs are just a top 10 team. Very beatable.

"I wouldn't mind giving ASU a, you know, a tenth title in a row--whatever it is--as long as it means the Beavers doesn't [sic] get one."

Not only does he not know who's in second, he doesn't know who besides ASU has won the conference crown in the last ten years.
-1 permalink
5/25/2011 7:40:25 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Yogi Horton at 01:35: "It's the 20-80-20 rule." [Paraphrasing]; 20% of the games you're gonna win just cuz you're gonna win, and 20% you're gonna lose just cuz you're gonna lose. It's that 80% in the middle that's gonna make the difference between a good year and a bad year." Yeah, and 90% of the game is half mental.

I do like the line, "The buffet of failure is making us all sad." And I think he looks better without the "stache". And the statements about national seeding [04:30], not rooting against them, and getting on board with the Beavers not "replacing them"...some very fine statements. And the bitter pill statement...looked very tough for him to say. Made me feel some empathy. (Some.... We're still gonna kick your DAs.)

"Who knows? Maybe someday Oregon State could be hosting a regional, and Oregon could be hosting a regional. That would be really cool." Yeah, that would be.

Thanks for the link, RD.
-1 permalink
5/25/2011 7:57:10 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
That was a very good, classy interview. The 20-80-20 thing kinda made me wonder, but then Oregon never has been an academic school. Math is a extra credit class, not a required class. Maybe that's why they lost so many games. Coach Horton, "Hey the score is 8-4. We don't even have to bat in the bottom of the 9th because we have 4 and they have 8. We're winning." Hmmmmmmm. Yeah sounds about right.

Really though. I liked how he sounded and defeat is not in his vocabulary. (Even though it is in his future for this weekend)
+1 permalink
5/25/2011 8:17:31 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
i agree LOL
-1 permalink
5/25/2011 9:01:43 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
That was a very good, classy interview. The 20-80-20 thing kinda made me wonder, but then Oregon never has been an academic school. Math is a extra credit class, not a required class. Maybe that's why they lost so many games. Coach Horton, "Hey the score is 8-4. We don't even have to bat in the bottom of the 9th because we have 4 and they have 8. We're winning." Hmmmmmmm. Yeah sounds about right.

Really though. I liked how he sounded and defeat is not in his vocabulary. (Even though it is in his future for this weekend)

An interesting story -

George Horton walked into the locker room before one of their last games, looked over to his star player and said, "I'm not supposed to let you play since you failed your extra credit math class, but we need you in there. So, what I have to do is ask you a math question, and if you get it right, you can play." The player agreed, and the Coach Horton looked into his eyes intently and asks, "Okay, now concentrate hard and tell me the answer to this. What is two plus two?" The player thought for a moment and then he answered, "4?" "Did you say 4?" Coach Horton exclaimed, excited that he got it right. At that, all the other players on the team began screaming, "Come on coach, give him another chance!"
edited by BeaverBob on 5/25/2011
0 permalink
5/25/2011 9:58:21 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
BeaverBob wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:

An interesting story -

George Horton walked into the locker room before one of their last games, looked over to his star player and said, "I'm not supposed to let you play since you failed your extra credit math class, but we need you in there. So, what I have to do is ask you a math question, and if you get it right, you can play." The player agreed, and the Coach Horton looked into his eyes intently and asks, "Okay, now concentrate hard and tell me the answer to this. What is two plus two?" The player thought for a moment and then he answered, "4?" "Did you say 4?" Coach Horton exclaimed, excited that he got it right. At that, all the other players on the team began screaming, "Come on coach, give him another chance!"
edited by BeaverBob on 5/25/2011

Bump
0 permalink
5/25/2011 10:30:37 PM

rec1347
rec1347
OSU 2-1
ASU 2-1
Cal 2-1
Ariz 3-0
WSU 2-1
0 permalink
5/26/2011 2:22:34 PM

borgguy
borgguy
osu 3-0 only because i cant in good consience pick the duckies to win any games against the beavs (although they may take 1) final pac10 champs!!

ASU 2-1 with both teams 1 game back 2-1 is extremely important (to OSU) no matter who takes the series (especially if the beavs drop one) winner needs some help from the duckies to win the title

cal 2-1 both teams are playing pretty good right now but stanford has just been getting the short end of the deal lately and that will probably continue

Ariz 2-1 shoudl be a sweep but the huskies have shown that they dont give up even when down 0-2 to the two best teams in the conference (and thank god for that this last weekend)

USC 3-0 hard to go against an SC team that on consecutive weekends took 2 of 3 from both ASU and OSU and has won 5 of thier last 6 conference series especially against a cougar team that cant figure out if they are great or terrible

on a personal note, thanks DM for doing this i watched from afar when this was over on rivals and never joined in but did appreciate the banter and the good natured ribbing that takes place here and am glad that i came over to perfect game which is an excellent place for college baseball, look forward to doing this for the forseeable future.

also due to travelling this weekend i will probably not be able to post game by game standings for this week.

hope everyone has a fun safe memorial day weekend and lets see what selection monday brings!

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/26/2011 4:42:48 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah- I figured it was worth a watch for anyone interested about Oregon Ball. Pulfer has made some strong statements in the past, but this year he has grown up a ton. (and had a hell of an individual season) Just think if Serna, Marder, Alto could have matched him.. Always next year. Seems like Horton has still not let go of his competitiveness to DS.. Hopefully one day he will feel the same about PC. Oh, and we have to go on a huge win streak to break even..
0 permalink
5/26/2011 10:26:11 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
Yogi Horton at 01:35: "It's the 20-80-20 rule." [Paraphrasing]; 20% of the games you're gonna win just cuz you're gonna win, and 20% you're gonna lose just cuz you're gonna lose. It's that 80% in the middle that's gonna make the difference between a good year and a bad year." Yeah, and 90% of the game is half mental.

I do like the line, "The buffet of failure is making us all sad." And I think he looks better without the "stache". And the statements about national seeding [04:30], not rooting against them, and getting on board with the Beavers not "replacing them"...some very fine statements. And the bitter pill statement...looked very tough for him to say. Made me feel some empathy. (Some.... We're still gonna kick your DAs.)

"Who knows? Maybe someday Oregon State could be hosting a regional, and Oregon could be hosting a regional. That would be really cool." Yeah, that would be.

Thanks for the link, RD.

DM, I have the Yogi Book at home. Great read. Here are a few clips from the online site.

http://www.yogiberra.com/yogi-isms.html

" It ain't over 'til it's over "
"Never answer an anonymous letter"
" I usually take a two hour nap from one to four"
" It's deja vu all over again"
" When you come to a fork in the road....Take it "
" I didn't really say everything I said "
Yogi on the 1969 NY Mets....." overwhelming underdogs "
When asked what time is was......" you mean now?"
" I want to thank you for making this day necessary"
......... Yogi Berra day in St Louis 1947
On why NY lost the 1960 series to Pittsburgh " We made too many wrong mistakes"
" You can observe a lot by watching "
" The future ain't what it used to be "
" It gets late early out here"
" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be "
" If the people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's going to stop them "
0 permalink
5/26/2011 11:27:13 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Yogi's the best. I like that last line a lot.

One other favorite is, when talking about some nightclub that he used to frequent but doesn't find to his liking of late, he said: "Nobody goes there any more; it's too crowded."
-1 permalink
5/27/2011 5:50:47 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Well, it's Friday. Getting kinda ansty, nervous, excited. I gotta say I am a little worried. Oregon has nothing to lose and everything to gain while the Beavs HAVE to play good hard baseball without mistakes to get that last national seed and take the Pac10 championship. I KNOW they can beat the tail feathers off the ducks, it's just going to Eugene and doing it. If nothing else, it will be a hell of a civil war. I think history will repeat itself though and the north will win again. Dam them rebel ducks and full speed ahead!
0 permalink
5/27/2011 8:32:26 AM

WildCard85
WildCard85
Ore 2-1
ASU 2-1
Stan 2-1
Ariz 3-0
USC 3-0
0 permalink
5/27/2011 9:21:12 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah- I have a Yogi book as well. I kind of relate to both Yogi and Horton. Although my math skills are much better.. lol.

Contemplating taking the drive to Eugene to battle the rain/crowds, and crankiness of a 4 and 6 y.o. Should I do it? Not sure if tickets are available.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 9:54:30 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Great day to be a Duck! CW at PK, Tyler is going to have a day. Also the SB team is in Florida fighting to get into the CWS.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 10:07:37 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Riverduck wrote:
Yeah- I have a Yogi book as well. I kind of relate to both Yogi and Horton. Although my math skills are much better.. lol.

Contemplating taking the drive to Eugene to battle the rain/crowds, and crankiness of a 4 and 6 y.o. Should I do it? Not sure if tickets are available.

Weather is not looking great for today or tomorrow. Great article on Tyler and Sam Gaviligio in today's Oregonian.
0 permalink
5/27/2011 11:20:23 AM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Does pk park have all fieldturf or is it a hybrid like goss? My dad called a few days ago asking if tonight's tickets would apply if it moved to Saturday, and they told him the turf would make a schedule change very unlikely.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 9 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-10: Week 15 predictions