Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall/Anyone: Question related to Georgia

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/21/2011 9:38:48 PM

ccox11
ccox11
A) What does your record have to be to qualify for the postseason? .500 or better than .500? In other words, does Georgia have to go 2-2 or 3-2 to be eligible?

B) How much are LSU's chances tied to Georgia not becoming eligible?
0 permalink
5/22/2011 3:04:43 AM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
Must be better than .500

If Georgia is out, LSU could very well benefit with another at-large spot opening up.
0 permalink
5/22/2011 8:35:40 AM

FullertonBaseballFan
FullertonBaseballFan
Another team to watch in the SEC is Auburn. If they go 0-2-BBQ at Hoover, they won't be eligible at 29-29 and it's not like they have a strong case if they end up 30-29 by winning a game with an RPI of 36 going into the SEC tournament. Interesting half of the bracket at Hoover is SC-Aub and FL-UGa.

IMO, I don't think LSU needs to worry about what either Auburn or Georgia do. The Bayou Bengals will get into a regional with a 26 RPI and a 36-20 record. Very similar situation to UNC last year in terms of overall record and RPI.

Ole Miss wasn't mentioned but they are toast. 30-25, tied for last in their division at 13-17, lost the series to LSU, 41 RPI, bad records vs. top 50 and top 100.

My guess is the SEC gets "only" seven teams into regionals - big three, Ark, Bama, MSU, LSU.
edited by FullertonBaseballFan on 5/22/2011
0 permalink
5/22/2011 8:50:55 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
ccox11 wrote:
A) What does your record have to be to qualify for the postseason? .500 or better than .500? In other words, does Georgia have to go 2-2 or 3-2 to be eligible?

YOU HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN .500. NOT JUST .500 TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE POSTSEASON.

B) How much are LSU's chances tied to Georgia not becoming eligible?

IT'S AN INDIVIDUAL RESUME BASIS WHEN IT COMES TO THE POSTSEASON STUFF. I THINK LSU IS IN AFTER WINNING THE STATE SERIES NO MATTER WHAT.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall/Anyone: Question related to Georgia