Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Josh Osich - No Hitter

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/30/2011 5:10:33 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1253
Oregon State pitcher Josh Osich beats Trevor Bauer and the Bruins. Osich throws a no hitter.
+1 permalink
4/30/2011 5:20:07 PM

BeaverBeliever20
BeaverBeliever20
Posts: 129
It was truly an amazing performance by Josh. Almost hard to believe that just happened. Huge series win by the Beavers.
0 permalink
4/30/2011 5:24:20 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Posts: 7488
BeaverBeliever20 wrote:
It was truly an amazing performance by Josh. Almost hard to believe that just happened. Huge series win by the Beavers.


Awesome stuff by Josh ... congrats !

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/30/2011 5:27:59 PM

1whoknows
1whoknows
Posts: 62
What a class act. Mike Parker just said he saw Bauer's father congratulate Josh Osich. He said it's not often he sees a pitcher out-pitch his son.
0 permalink
4/30/2011 5:39:35 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2073
Cool Cool Smoke
0 permalink
4/30/2011 5:42:59 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2073
Honestly, I have thought for the last couple years that Sammy G was the most likely candidate to be OSU's next no-hitter thrower, but I am very happy that Osich, after sitting on the bench all of last year recovering from Tommy John surgery and showing team spirit when he couldn't actively contribute, got the Beavers' fourth no-hitter of all time.
0 permalink
4/30/2011 5:45:45 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2073
1whoknows wrote:
What a class act. Mike Parker just said he saw Bauer's father congratulate Josh Osich. He said it's not often he sees a pitcher out-pitch his son.

Yes, that was cool. But imagine this: If Keyes had not driven in those two runs, this game would have continued. Bauer is an inhuman robotic 300-pitch-per-outing machine, and the only thing that stops him is the final score after nine innings. If the score had been 0-0, they'd have gone 10, 11, 12....
0 permalink
4/30/2011 6:06:23 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
Posts: 156
Dodger Matt wrote:
1whoknows wrote:
What a class act. Mike Parker just said he saw Bauer's father congratulate Josh Osich. He said it's not often he sees a pitcher out-pitch his son.

Yes, that was cool. But imagine this: If Keyes had not driven in those two runs, this game would have continued. Bauer is an inhuman robotic 300-pitch-per-outing machine, and the only thing that stops him is the final score after nine innings. If the score had been 0-0, they'd have gone 10, 11, 12....

How often does a pitcher throw 15 strikeouts and LOSE? Really an amazing game from both pitchers. Bauer may get overshadowed by the no hitter, but he did everything he could to give UCLA a chance to win. Keyes' hit was with 2 strikes and 2 out if I remember correctly. This game was a strike away from possibly going all night. Not that I would mind. Could watch a duel like that all day.
0 permalink
4/30/2011 6:06:43 PM

1whoknows
1whoknows
Posts: 62
Absolutely agree about Trevor Bauer. He has unreal physical abilities. The type of arm strengthening routines he does on a daily basis is remarkable. I think I am going to start doing some long toss.....who knows, perhaps I could make a pro team. Did you read about this guy on the Mariners: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-passan_wilhelmsen_mariners_reliever_comeback_042911
0 permalink
4/30/2011 6:31:59 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 983
Wow Beavs are rollin'...Josh is a beast...he had 7 SO's after facing only 10 batters I believe.

Kendall is going to receive alot of harassment if the Beavs aren't top 5 after this week....if not higher.
0 permalink
4/30/2011 6:47:16 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2073
OpihiMan wrote:
Kendall is going to receive alot of harassment if the Beavs aren't top 5 after this week....if not higher.

I think we easily jump Texas and Texas A&M.
0 permalink
4/30/2011 8:42:46 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 545
first complete game no no for the beavs since i think 1947...

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/1/2011 12:21:04 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 983
They should also jump Vandy and Florida in my opinion...these Beavs have bats to go along with their pitchers and they are taking out top notch competition (and haven't lost a weekend series).

South Carolina, Virginia, and OSU should really be the top three and people can bicker about the pecking order from there.
0 permalink
5/1/2011 1:33:33 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1062
OpihiMan wrote:
They should also jump Vandy and Florida in my opinion...these Beavs have bats to go along with their pitchers and they are taking out top notch competition (and haven't lost a weekend series).

South Carolina, Virginia, and OSU should really be the top three and people can bicker about the pecking order from there.


Good Postingi agree
edited by Florida Beaver on 5/1/2011
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Josh Osich - No Hitter





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software