Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - Suggestion for content

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/25/2011 12:50:56 PM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
We used to do the Stock up Stock Down rankings of each position on Rivals where it would give you 6 guys from each position and where they rank nationally. The link was always there for viewing with the Arrows up or down, green or red.

I always enjoyed viewing that every week. What are the chances we could do something like that again?
0 permalink
4/25/2011 4:46:16 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
GTbaseball wrote:
We used to do the Stock up Stock Down rankings of each position on Rivals where it would give you 6 guys from each position and where they rank nationally. The link was always there for viewing with the Arrows up or down, green or red.

I always enjoyed viewing that every week. What are the chances we could do something like that again?

Probably good for next season ...... not good for right now. Would require some decent work from an IT standpoint.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/25/2011 8:27:20 PM

gap2gap
gap2gap
Kendall, I'm a big fan (and a long time follower), i totally understood with rivals that your focus was on D1 baseball but PG has much more resources. You all are not doing enough with juco (expecially the high profile conferences) and you are not doing enough with non d-1 prospects. A lot of great players out there not getting covered because of the narrow scope. Why all the D1 only care?
0 permalink
4/25/2011 9:01:40 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
gap2gap wrote:
Kendall, I'm a big fan (and a long time follower), i totally understood with rivals that your focus was on D1 baseball but PG has much more resources. You all are not doing enough with juco (expecially the high profile conferences) and you are not doing enough with non d-1 prospects. A lot of great players out there not getting covered because of the narrow scope. Why all the D1 only care?

GAP,
I only have enough time to cover Division I, and quite frankly, I'd be willing to guess that 90 percent of college baseball fans, if not a higher percentage, want to read about Division I. It's basically a business decision, but Allan Simpson does some JUCO items from time to time to tickle your fancy.

--
0 permalink
4/26/2011 11:00:36 AM

WCC1
WCC1
gap2gap wrote:

I agree with gap2gap. Not only no coverage for JUCO or NAIA, D2, D3s, but also a lot of mid-majors on the west coast. All I read about is the SEC and the other southeast conferences and their prospects over and over again. A ton of prospects on the west coast that aren't being covered. How about some love?
0 permalink
4/26/2011 11:53:04 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
WCC1 wrote:
gap2gap wrote:

I agree with gap2gap. Not only no coverage for JUCO or NAIA, D2, D3s, but also a lot of mid-majors on the west coast. All I read about is the SEC and the other southeast conferences and their prospects over and over again. A ton of prospects on the west coast that aren't being covered. How about some love?

Mind giving me some examples of having SEC stories over and over? I'm all for a little criticism, but I think we've evenly distributed our features this season ....... I'm always looking for some improvements on the site.

And I wouldn't look for much NAIA or Division II coverage, at least fro me, in the future. There's simply just not enough interest to delve into it considering I already spend countless hours on Division I. It might become more of a reality if we hire more staff in the future.

--
0 permalink
4/27/2011 10:41:57 AM

WCC1
WCC1
Kendall wrote: Mind giving me some examples of having SEC stories over and over? I'm all for a little criticism, but I think we've evenly distributed our features this season ....... I'm always looking for some improvements on the site.

And I wouldn't look for much NAIA or Division II coverage, at least fro me, in the future. There's simply just not enough interest to delve into it considering I already spend countless hours on Division I. It might become more of a reality if we hire more staff in the future.

Ok. Some of your posts over the past 2 weeks in your premium content:
4/27 Texas A&M pitcher; 4/26 LSU; 4/26 On the cusp (good); 4/25 OSU/TAMU; 4/23 OSU/A&M John Stilson; 4/22 NCAA projections listing LSU, Southland conf, Tex State, C-USA, Ark, OSU, TCU, Miami, oh - and UCLA; 4/22 Update on Cal State Fullerton 4/20 USC bad news; 4/20 Southern Miss update; 4/19 TCU Matt Purke;4/19 Vanderbilt note; 4/15 Recruiting notes on BCU, Flor Atl, USC, and ND; 4/14 Video on George Tech arms 4/12 Oregon St/Georgia; 4/12 Virginia; 4/12 Southern Miss; 4/12 Ole Miss; 4/12 Tex A&M; 4/10 Virginia

I have bolded your posts that mention west coast teams. With exception of your polls and RPI reports, only 2 posts were soley about west coast teams. The 4/26 on the cusp was all inclusive. Your other 2 posts happen to include a southeast team (Georgia vs Oregon St) and recruiting note on USC that was combined with 3 other non-west schools.

Just saying from my perpsective. There is a ton of great talent in the PAC 10, MWC, WAC, Big West, and WCC that do not get any in depth coverage like you do with the midwest (TX, OK, NE, KS) and southern and southeast teams.
0 permalink
4/27/2011 12:43:30 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Sorry but I'm with Kendall on this one. PGUSA isn't ESPN, their resources aren't limitless, as someone who mostly cares about West Coast ball I think he does a decent job of balancing coverage and not being biased.

As for D2 and NAIA coverage I understand why people would want MORE coverage but it's not feasible, again PGUSA doesn't have limitless resources and I think that their free content is pretty dang impressive.
+1 permalink
4/27/2011 3:49:02 PM

WCC1
WCC1
OpihiMan wrote: Sorry but I'm with Kendall on this one. PGUSA isn't ESPN, their resources aren't limitless, as someone who mostly cares about West Coast ball I think he does a decent job of balancing coverage and not being biased.

As for D2 and NAIA coverage I understand why people would want MORE coverage but it's not feasible, again PGUSA doesn't have limitless resources and I think that their free content is pretty dang impressive.

Yes, I agree with you that Kendall does good job with the free content. But, as a new premium subscriber, I was hoping to get more balance among the east and west coast schools.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - Suggestion for content