Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Polls?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/25/2011 12:50:34 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Okay. Homerism time. USA/ESPN stupidity poll. Oregon State won their 4th straight consecutive conference series and sit at 10-2 in conference, 1/2 game ahead of ASU. And DROP a spot from #8 to 9!!!!!! ASU, who was swept by the Beavs, beat a suddenly anemic 24-12 Cal , who has also lost 2 straight series, jumped from 9 to 7. FSU, 14-7 in conference, sweeps a home series over 20-23 conference powerhouse Duke, and jumps 3 spots to #8?

While Baseball America has Oregon State ranked at #3 (a bit high in my estimation), Collegiate Baseball has OSU ranked at #6 (about right) and PG has the Beavers coming up from 10 to 9, behind a #7 CSF (which lost their weekend series to a red hot 18-17 Cal Poly) and one behind a surprising 2 loss week Fresno who lost to who else but , Cal Poly and Sac State.

I can't wait to see what NCBWA does. Probably drop them from their current ranked 15 to 18 for winnning yet another conference series. HOW DARE Oregon State lead in total wins in their conference at 29-8 and sit atop their conference. Shame on them and Pat Casey for playing at a higher standard than ANY non-Beaver fan believed they could or would. They should be penalized at least 5 more spots for that.

How far does this assinine "poll" ranking go? Or will $$$$ once again be a determining factor for about half of the national seeds?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.Cursing
0 permalink
4/25/2011 1:20:28 PM

The USA/ESPN poll is a joke. They also moved Vandy up to number 2 past SC after Vandy swept an LSU team at home who is playing horrible baseball and a dismal 4-12 in the SEC, while SC went on the road and took a series from a tough Miss st team, keeping in mind that Vandy also dropped a game to Miss st and that was at Vandy. Oh and of course that just two weekends ago SC just took 2 out of 3 from Vandy. Notice they are the only poll that did this. I wouldnt take any stock in that poll.
+1 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post