Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - Bat Rule change

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/22/2011 11:43:46 AM

Daweez04
Daweez04
Kendall, do you think the new bats have anything to do with a team like Oregon State's success? They have always been a "small ball" type of team, not depending too much on power, and value solid pitching. While teams like ASU have thrived because of the big bats they recruit. Seems to me if you have better pitching and are built for small ball you now have an advantage.
edited by Daweez04 on 4/22/2011
0 permalink
4/22/2011 10:43:59 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Daweez04 wrote:
Kendall, do you think the new bats have anything to do with a team like Oregon State's success? They have always been a "small ball" type of team, not depending too much on power, and value solid pitching. While teams like ASU have thrived because of the big bats they recruit. Seems to me if you have better pitching and are built for small ball you now have an advantage.
edited by Daweez04 on 4/22/2011

I've said this since the beginning of the season, but teams that play defense and pitch well are going to have success with the new bats. The Beavers do both well, so it's easy to me to see why they're having success.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall - Bat Rule change