Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » NCAA ruling on Rivals.com

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/12/2011 7:29:05 PM

bluedevils12
bluedevils12
Kendall,how do you thing the ruling regarding Rivals.com late last week will affect recruiting? Will East Cobb and Jupiter become that much more important? Will schools stay closer to home to recruit? What about the kids in rural area that dont play travel are they a thing of the past now? I'm sure recruiting bugets took a huge hit because of this. How will this affect PG Crosschecker?
0 permalink
4/12/2011 8:22:17 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
And can you also give a snapshot idea of what this ruling is? This is the first I have heard about anything...
0 permalink
4/12/2011 9:49:53 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
bluedevils12 wrote:
Kendall,how do you thing the ruling regarding Rivals.com late last week will affect recruiting? Will East Cobb and Jupiter become that much more important? Will schools stay closer to home to recruit? What about the kids in rural area that dont play travel are they a thing of the past now? I'm sure recruiting bugets took a huge hit because of this. How will this affect PG Crosschecker?

Southern,
I don't think it's going to affect the way teams recruit at all. This has all to do with the football/basketball street agents out there, and the schools claiming they're paying these street agents for services (most of the time WAY over market value). As for Perfect Game, as long as we provide HIGH SCHOOL video for free, we're golden. College prospect videos are fair game.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/13/2011 6:19:48 AM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
Kendall, where is this free HS video you speak of?
0 permalink
4/13/2011 9:16:50 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
GTbaseball wrote:
Kendall, where is this free HS video you speak of?

Our high school guys have been a road trip and you'll find those videos embedded in some of their blog postings. I think a few of them are still on the front page.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/15/2011 11:11:01 AM

MClements
MClements
I'm sorry but I have missed about this ruling? Do you have a link to an article? I googled for it and could not find it.

bluedevils12 wrote:
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » NCAA ruling on Rivals.com