Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » What was the biggest Opening Day surprise?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/18/2011 11:49:03 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
For me, it was Connecticut getting drilled by Purdue ... and the fact the bats virtually were no different it seemed than past years.

Discuss.. Your thoughts?

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
2/18/2011 11:55:32 PM

ConnorOSU
ConnorOSU
All the rain in California? But as far as games though, the UCONN game was pretty surprising. Can't wait until Oregon State gets started tomorrow!
0 permalink
2/19/2011 1:37:48 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I was at the Hawaii v Oregon game...outcome didn't surprise me but it was a very sloppy game, poor fielding by both teams.

I have to say I noticed a huge difference with the bats out here. The ball seemed dead and lifeless coming off them, similar to a flat basketball in basketball. Players seemed surprised with balls that a year ago would've cleared the fence by 20 ft now fell 15 ft short. Also the new bats were making some weird ping-less sounds, where is a good article where one can read up on the actual technical differences and rule change?
0 permalink
2/19/2011 3:57:49 AM

rwnatc
rwnatc
jacksonville getting stomped by unc-w. nothing against unc-w. i just thought JU would at least compete. 20-7. not lookin good for the fighting phins.
0 permalink
2/19/2011 5:55:16 AM

tcufrog86
tcufrog86
UConn getting demolished by Purdue was a surprise.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » What was the biggest Opening Day surprise?