Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » LSU takes the series from CSF

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/12/2011 4:05:44 PM

lsubases
lsubases
Wow, 2 freshman starters go deep into the game and take a 2-0 lead in the series against the Titans, who played two great games (no disrespect for them always a great program), Nice to see Matty get them up on down in order in the ninth with two strikeouts. I think our feilding needs to tightne up, but the small ball PM is playing shows that we can play any type of baseball this season.

Lets hope we can get the sweep.

Geaux Tigers
0 permalink
3/12/2011 7:46:42 PM

USC10
USC10
good wins...good luck with the sweep, that would be a statement
0 permalink
3/12/2011 8:47:29 PM

AstroTiger
AstroTiger
USC10 wrote:
good wins...good luck with the sweep, that would be a statement

I'm so fired up just thinking about this. I'll admit that I was pretty nervous about this weekend and the first true test for this team, but what a response from the freshman arms. A win tomorrow for the sweep would be lagniappe of course and just an incredible step forward for this team. Applause

--
"Omaha. Nothing Else."
0 permalink
3/12/2011 11:43:54 PM

gap2gap
gap2gap
I called it. (Over on the Rivals Board months ago).. Coach M is just an amazing coach.
0 permalink
3/13/2011 6:53:52 AM

CWSOmahaGators
CWSOmahaGators
LSU struggled last year after they lost all the National Championship talent, but there is no doubt Coach Mainieri is a premiere college baseball coach and that LSU would not stay down for very long. LSU has definitely shown a lot this weekend, especially offensively against an extremely talented CSUF starting staff.

This series victory for LSU makes me even more excited for next weekend in Baton Rouge. The #1-3 ranked Gators vs. #5-8 ranked Tigers to kick off the SEC season. I got a chance to go to the New Alex Box Stadium a few years ago and I know that this next weekend that place will be packed to the gills and this series will have a football type atmosphere you do not often find in college baseball.
0 permalink
3/13/2011 9:55:27 AM

ntgreek00
ntgreek00
I am impressed with the hitting because many believed LSU would not be able to put up runs against the arms of CSF, which have been very impressive, This could be a good season, but we will really see after next week. Geaux Tigers
0 permalink
3/13/2011 10:04:13 AM

E-Dub
E-Dub
gap2gap wrote:
I called it. (Over on the Rivals Board months ago).. Coach M is just an amazing coach.

Agreed. Manieri and Corbin are two of my faves: classy coaches who respect their players and who compete without abusing their pitchers. I think it's a big reason both have had good fortune getting their recruits to campus.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » LSU takes the series from CSF