Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » LSU v. UNC

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/18/2013 8:50:25 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
We accomplished a lot this season and broke many school records. It was a fun ride but our bats just went cold at the wrong time. I don't think we will be as good next year but we have the pieces in place to make another run at Omaha. Can't wait for 2014 and good luck beavs on your way back to the championship series.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
+2 permalink
6/18/2013 9:29:12 PM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Just an unbelievable face plant by this team. Bats went ice cold, and somebody did something to anger the baseball gods. Nobody could have imagined Bregman and Rhymes go o'fer the CWS. Ibarra couldn't buy a basehit to save his life. When we finally did hit the ball hard it was always right at someone. Katz and Laird are the only ones who came to play this weekend. Pitching was fantastic as usual, but sad that the second best pitcher Ryan Eades never got to pitch at the CWS. Now I know how Arkansas fans feel, one of the best staffs in the country but no offense to support them.

Yes it was a record breaking year for this team, but the only thing they will ever be known for is the worst performing LSU team in Omaha in school history. I think the bright lights and big stage got to them.
0 permalink
6/18/2013 10:27:19 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Hedegoba88 wrote:
Yes it was a record breaking year for this team, but the only thing they will ever be known for is the worst performing LSU team in Omaha in school history. I think the bright lights and big stage got to them.

Was this LSU's only 0-2 year? Heck, the Beavers started their Omaha record 0-5.
0 permalink
6/18/2013 10:37:26 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
LSU_Blake wrote:
We accomplished a lot this season and broke many school records. It was a fun ride but our bats just went cold at the wrong time. I don't think we will be as good next year but we have the pieces in place to make another run at Omaha. Can't wait for 2014 and good luck beavs on your way back to the championship series.

You guys are class. Hell it took me two weeks to recover. We can only root for the underdog, or the team that grabs you right now, then it is off to a clean slate. Anything can happen. Thanks for chatter here. Appreciate watching other conferences. Heck.. MSU has grabbed my attention right now. Talk about a bunch of scrappers. I know OSU.. they have done this all year.. lol. So nothing new.. but they could put a run together and that would be just fine by me.
+1 permalink
6/18/2013 10:56:37 PM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Dodger Matt wrote:
Hedegoba88 wrote:

Was this LSU's only 0-2 year? Heck, the Beavers started their Omaha record 0-5.

No, I believe this is the 4th time they have gone 0-2. I just meant worst performing b/c they only scored 3 runs in two games. May be over exaggerating but pain from the loss is still fresh.
0 permalink
6/18/2013 11:49:01 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Okay, I get it. I guess you could also say this is one of UCLA's worst performing teams then, because they got two wins only scoring 4 runs. Big Grin

You ran into two very good pitchers. And you didn't get blown out in either game. Not that bad IMO.
0 permalink
6/19/2013 5:23:19 AM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Just unlucky hitting for us. If it was rosenblatt we would have won that first game at least 5-2 but td held those long balls in. I'm disappointed but I still think we played well its just baseball that happened to us. We were unlucky and cold at the same time. On a positive, Nola and Glenn will be back so we will have a solid rotation, and even though we lose Ross, Jones, Katz, and Rhymes, I'm excited about some new guys stepping up with our vets like Bregman and Ibarra. It's gonna be a fun 2014, and the last time we lost in the CWS, we came back next year and won it all.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » LSU v. UNC