Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs. Kansas State

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/9/2013 10:04:26 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Heck Ive got the Rice/NC State game on ESPN2 and ESPNU

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
6/9/2013 10:07:44 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Got it now. Looks like OSU has found those bats again. Just don't pull a Wazzu again.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
6/9/2013 10:24:49 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Yeah...I got it. NC State and Rice...good game, but ESPNU AND ESPN2? I really, really, really hate ESPN. There ARE other games that people care about besides this 1 game
edited by Florida Beaver on 6/9/2013
0 permalink
6/9/2013 10:39:19 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
No cable. Don't have a TV. Just the computer.
0 permalink
6/9/2013 10:41:33 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Yeskie for an unnecessary mound visit? He did that yesterday and screwed up Boyd. PLEASE CASEY! FIRE THAT WALKING PHALLIC SYMBOL!
-1 permalink
6/9/2013 10:42:51 PM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Man, Oregon St. brought the bats tonight. Every inning they are threatening.
0 permalink
6/9/2013 11:09:10 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
That was the key to yesterday's game. KSU's pitching was a lot better than expected.

Plus, OSU's bullpen was a lot worse than expected.
0 permalink
6/9/2013 11:35:29 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Here's that expected runs table I was mentioning to...Opihi? the other day.

So with bases loaded and no outs, the chance of scoring at least one run is 90%. And on average you will score 2.69 runs. K-State walks in a run, so I guess we still have another 90% chance of scoring.
0 permalink
6/9/2013 11:37:54 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Ouch. 2-3 DP.
0 permalink
6/9/2013 11:39:59 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Parker, again pronouncing coup de grace as coup de gras (the strike of fat).
0 permalink
6/9/2013 11:40:44 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
BB,

Check your PM
0 permalink
6/10/2013 12:00:23 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I can't remember the last time I saw a coach change 6 players at once.
0 permalink
6/10/2013 7:51:41 AM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Florida Beaver wrote:
Yeskie for an unnecessary mound visit? He did that yesterday and screwed up Boyd. PLEASE CASEY! FIRE THAT WALKING PHALLIC SYMBOL!

You've got to have some kind of agenda now. There's no way you believe that a pitching coach has free reign on all of this stuff.
0 permalink
6/10/2013 9:34:13 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
Happy birthday RD.

Riverduck wrote:
After all the hype about OSU in the media, I have a birthday wish.. And OSU fans are not going to like it. Yes rd's birthday is on the ninth of June.

Beavs are playing the ol bee gees tune. Keep it up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np9X_AJFXiI
0 permalink
6/10/2013 9:53:34 AM

BeaverQuist
BeaverQuist
Florida Beaver wrote:

Are you high?

Yeskie is a great coach.
0 permalink
6/10/2013 3:36:28 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
MiamiBaseball wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:

You've got to have some kind of agenda now. There's no way you believe that a pitching coach has free reign on all of this stuff.

Yes. I have an agenda. And that is for Casey to fire Yeskie. Apparently you have not watched/listened or read much about Oregon State baseball over the last 4 years. Last year was the worst in recent history on the mound and, while the head coach is ultimately responsible for the team, you have to be able to rely on your pitching coach for making the correct moves, send in the right relievers and generally have a positive influence on the team. Last year it was like Casey let Yeskie do whatever, whenever he wanted. Ask some of the others on here if I lie. I did notice this year Casey had more input into the pitching, and it has made a difference. But do you think Coach Casey on Friday said. "Hey Nate. Matt's ahead on the count, 0-1. Go to the mound and have a talk about how he's doing." Next thing you know, Boyd's rhythm is completely off and in comes relievers. Then what appeared to be an unnecessary trip again last night. Yeah. I have an agenda. Fire Nate. Hire Buck.
+2 permalink
6/10/2013 6:21:14 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Florida Beaver wrote:

...while the head coach is ultimately responsible for the team, you have to be able to rely on your pitching coach for making the correct moves, send in the right relievers and generally have a positive influence on the team. Last year it was like Casey let Yeskie do whatever, whenever he wanted. Ask some of the others on here if I lie. I did notice this year Casey had more input into the pitching, and it has made a difference. But do you think Coach Casey on Friday said. "Hey Nate. Matt's ahead on the count, 0-1. Go to the mound and have a talk about how he's doing." Next thing you know, Boyd's rhythm is completely off and in comes relievers. Then what appeared to be an unnecessary trip again last night. Yeah. I have an agenda. Fire Nate. Hire Buck.

You're showing your inexperience with all of this. Pitching coaches don't make decisions. Pitching coaches teach pitchers how to pitch, watch for signs of bad mechanics or fatigue, call pitches, etc. Pitching coaches don't make decisions. And if you really think that's what is going on, then your beef is with a guy who is pulling a head coach paycheck and putting some of the game's biggest decisions on someone else. I really doubt that is what is happening.

It's like being mad because you think an assistant coach is calling too many bunts from the 3rd base coaches box. If you really believe he is calling those, then I have a bridge to sell you, but more importantly you would be giving a pass to the guy who should be making the decision to begin with.
0 permalink
6/10/2013 6:22:53 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Bottom line, instead of asking for the pitching coach to be fired, you should be demanding that the head coach act like a head coach and make the pitching moves himself.
0 permalink
6/10/2013 6:35:54 PM

borgguy
borgguy
i think this year, Casey has done a better job of keeping Yeskie in check... just look at how many times FB has called for Yeskies head on a stake this season? only 4 or 5 times as opposed to about 5 times a game last year. now maybe that is a symptom of just how strong our starters have been this year, and UW WSU and Saturday notwithstanding our pen has been pretty solid too.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/10/2013 7:35:46 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
MiamiBaseball wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:

...while the head coach is ultimately responsible for the team, you have to be able to rely on your pitching coach for making the correct moves, send in the right relievers and generally have a positive influence on the team. Last year it was like Casey let Yeskie do whatever, whenever he wanted. Ask some of the others on here if I lie. I did notice this year Casey had more input into the pitching, and it has made a difference. But do you think Coach Casey on Friday said. "Hey Nate. Matt's ahead on the count, 0-1. Go to the mound and have a talk about how he's doing." Next thing you know, Boyd's rhythm is completely off and in comes relievers. Then what appeared to be an unnecessary trip again last night. Yeah. I have an agenda. Fire Nate. Hire Buck.

You're showing your inexperience with all of this. Pitching coaches don't make decisions. Pitching coaches teach pitchers how to pitch, watch for signs of bad mechanics or fatigue, call pitches, etc. Pitching coaches don't make decisions. And if you really think that's what is going on, then your beef is with a guy who is pulling a head coach paycheck and putting some of the game's biggest decisions on someone else. I really doubt that is what is happening.

It's like being mad because you think an assistant coach is calling too many bunts from the 3rd base coaches box. If you really believe he is calling those, then I have a bridge to sell you, but more importantly you would be giving a pass to the guy who should be making the decision to begin with.

Well, I appreciate you sharing. Too bad you are unfamiliar with the Oregon State program. So if a pitcher is doing something wrong or is fatigued, etc., the pitching coach goes to the head coach for everything involved in a game that requires a decision? Maybe if you were the head coach, you might do things like you have stated, but since you aren't......well, I don't know what you do for a living, but you might want to keep your day job.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 .. 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs. Kansas State