Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Civil War Wager!

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/12/2013 1:48:48 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Well, since I am the only verbal, active duck on this board.. how bout you just bow down to me everytime you post, and for the rest of the year comment on how the ducks are the best team in the state. NO complaints, no verbal abuse, etc. Hey what do I have to lose? lol
0 permalink
5/12/2013 1:52:17 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
And you have to post with some sort of duck garb.. It has to be official and in a picture. If the beavs win the series, I will don a beaver hat, or gear and proclaim their greatness. Pretty easy to find OSU stuff around here, since everyone worships those rodents where I live.. lol 1 run given up by the ducks staff in 30 innings or so. Pretty impressive. Key to beatting the beavs is knocking the starters out as early as possible. And Florida Beav.. Our pitching staff had minimal impact this week, sets us up for next week. I believe playing those extra two games will only strengthen us. Have fun taking bp!
0 permalink
5/12/2013 1:53:29 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
And you have to post with some sort of duck garb.. It has to be official and in a picture. If the beavs win the series, I will don a beaver hat, or gear and proclaim their greatness. Pretty easy to find OSU stuff around here, since everyone worships those rodents where I live.. lol 1 run given up by the ducks staff in 30 innings or so. Pretty impressive. Key to beatting the beavs is knocking the starters out as early as possible. And Florida Beav.. Our pitching staff had minimal impact this week, sets us up for next week. I believe playing those extra two games will only strengthen us. Have fun taking bp!

And a few of the only beavs in the know picked the ducks for the sweep. DM, and yellowlab, you picked the right numbers.
0 permalink
5/12/2013 1:54:58 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Here is another one I am willing to give you guys.. But each and every true beav will have to step up in some way. I will shave my head and beard, but before doing that I will die my beard orange, and where a beaver hat to proclaim my love for the beaver.. lol
0 permalink
5/12/2013 1:55:43 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
Here is another one I am willing to give you guys.. But each and every true beav will have to step up in some way. I will shave my head and beard, but before doing that I will die my beard orange, and where a beaver hat to proclaim my love for the beaver.. lol

But you guys have to win 3 to do it. We only have to win the series.. Ha Ha..
0 permalink
5/12/2013 3:03:20 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:

Mark with an X with your choice:
I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager

Beavers:
I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/12/2013 6:50:46 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
RD and Beaver Nation, I'd like to propose that we have a wager for the upcoming Civil War. If you and others from Beaver Nation think it worthy, the first order of business is to determine the wager parameters and the bet. For example, there are 4 games coming up between the two teams. The most obvious bet is the team that wins the most games is the winner. If the teams tie at 2-2, then we can look at run differential.

Now, regarding the bet. One suggestion is that the loser has to wear clothing with a prominent logo from the winner's team for a full day and have a picture taken and posted to the PG forum. Another option is to have the loser write an essay on why the winner is a superior team and college.

We can also get the non-Beaver State fans involved (If you aren’t aware, the Beaver is the State of Oregon Animal). Perhaps, they can pick a side and be honorary Beavers or Ducks and they will need to suffer the same punishment described above.

What say you? What other suggestions come to mind?

I would be willing to take the bet.. Wear beaver attire the full day.. Lets bump it up.. Have to wear it to a regional game and take a photos as well. So- I will wear a beavs hat to a Oregon Game.. Gulp. If you will do the same at Goss. Wear a Ducks hat to a Beavers game.. gulp. Has to be during a game that determines them moving on, so say a championship game.
0 permalink
5/12/2013 6:52:22 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:
RD and Beaver Nation, I'd like to propose that we have a wager for the upcoming Civil War. If you and others from Beaver Nation think it worthy, the first order of business is to determine the wager parameters and the bet. For example, there are 4 games coming up between the two teams. The most obvious bet is the team that wins the most games is the winner. If the teams tie at 2-2, then we can look at run differential.

Now, regarding the bet. One suggestion is that the loser has to wear clothing with a prominent logo from the winner's team for a full day and have a picture taken and posted to the PG forum. Another option is to have the loser write an essay on why the winner is a superior team and college.

We can also get the non-Beaver State fans involved (If you aren’t aware, the Beaver is the State of Oregon Animal). Perhaps, they can pick a side and be honorary Beavers or Ducks and they will need to suffer the same punishment described above.
Only if you count the year series. You guys have only lost 8 all year, and one was to us.. Only fair.

I would be willing to take the bet.. Wear beaver attire the full day.. Lets bump it up.. Have to wear it to a regional game and take a photos as well. So- I will wear a beavs hat to a Oregon Game.. Gulp. If you will do the same at Goss. Wear a Ducks hat to a Beavers game.. gulp. Has to be during a game that determines them moving on, so say a championship game.
0 permalink
5/12/2013 6:53:25 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

Only if you count the year series. You guys have only lost 8 all year, and one was to us.. Only fair.

I will only wear the one that looks like the old orioles lid. That one is pretty cool, I guess.
0 permalink
5/12/2013 10:18:47 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Just looking at Boyd's need's analysis, here is a snapshot for what both Oregon teams need in order to stay in the top 8 RPI. I'm guessting that if there is no sweep of either team and if neither team falls apart, they both have a realistic shot of a national seed.

With this said, the Beavers need to win a high of 5 games or a low of 4 games, depending on the combinations listed below.

The Ducks need to win a high of 7 games and a low of 6 games.

Just from this simple analysis, there appears to be more pressure on the Ducks than the Beavers.

However, I think it is likely that both teams can win at least half of their remaining games.

http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/rpineeds.html
Oregon State

Remaining: 4 home, 4 road, 0 neutral

Top 8:

1 home wins, 4 road wins
2 home wins, 2 road wins
3 home wins, 1 road wins
4 home wins, 0 road wins
Oregon
Remaining: 5 home, 5 road, 0 neutral

Top 8:

2 home wins, 5 road wins
3 home wins, 3 road wins
4 home wins, 2 road wins
5 home wins, 1 road wins
edited by BeaverBob on 5/12/2013
0 permalink
5/12/2013 10:31:19 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
F, thanks for helping to organize us. Some really good suggestions. Unfortunately, I need to spend the rest of the eveninig working on a work proposal that is due tomorrow. The wager I like most, and I think it can apply to all rival contents including Arizona and ASU (you and Rowdy) is to have the losing team include a signature line on their posts indicating how great the winning team is and how pathetic the losing team is.

For example, if I were to write a signature line for RD, it might look like this:

The Beavers are the Best of all Time. They stomped my Oregon Ducks and it's clear who the best team in the State is. Us Dicks should be playing softball instead of baseball as we play like a buch of women.

Sincerely,

Riverduck
Oregon Duckheads
The People's Republic of Eugene

I'm sure you and Rowdy can have some fun with this.

ASU74 wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:

I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager

Beavers:
I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager
+1 permalink
5/12/2013 10:37:57 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Amen brother ASU74. However, I've never really thought of Ducks as having a butt or balls. I've always thought of them as these amorphous creatures with no genitalia at all.

ASU74 wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Hmm. Sounds interesting.. I might have to think on all of this. If memory serves me right, We play you guys 5 games.. and we have already won 1, so it is the best of five.. Always has been, always will be. How bout a tie die?

RD:
If you decline the Beaver challange......you don't have a feather on your butt. Look at it this way...this is an oppotunity to retaliate for all of the verbal abuse you have taken from the Beaver Nation....if the Ducks win.....come on....grow a pair.
Go Away

0 permalink
5/13/2013 2:06:26 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I will give this some thought. However.......IF I decide to take on this wager....it is ONLY for the 3 game series. RD...you cannot play like your team and try to "duck" out of the weekend by including a previously played game. It is for the 3 game weekend series only. I am not going to spend money to buy an OU hat or shirt that I would immediately burn following a picture. I will entertain coloring my mustache and goatee green and yellow and printing "the ducks are Oregon's best baseball team" on a white t-shirt (which would be incinerated after quickly) and posting that picture. Against RD doing the same only with him coloring beard and 'stache orange and black and writing the beavers are the best on the t-shirt. Now this is a bet against me ONLY RD.

Picture to be posted on Tuesday before the midweek game. BET?

Any other wager arrangements made with other posters are between you and them. However, consider this. You very well could end up making a myriad of bets that could keep you in Beaver colors for months. I would think a bet to have to attend the midweek game in a t-shirt that says "I'm a duck fan and the beavers are the better team" at Goss would be a great thing. Course, I can't attend, so I'd need a picture.
0 permalink
5/13/2013 8:30:29 AM

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:
F, thanks for helping to organize us. Some really good suggestions. ..

I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager

Beavers:
I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager

BB
Actually, I'm pulling for both teams to be National Seeds. I think you will both make the Pac and the State of Oregon proud. The wager will settle the Beaver/Duck Fued for.......well at least 2 weeks till we see who goes deepest into the CWS.

Rowdy: Do you accept? I understand that neither of us are close to AZ. The wager may be satisfied at a future date when the looset next visits AZ.
edited by ASU74 on 5/13/2013

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/13/2013 10:13:46 AM

borgguy
borgguy
Ill take the signiature line bet:

If the Ducks win, I will change my signiature to: "The Ducks are the best baseball team in the state of Oregon and in the pac 12, I am just a stupid Barkrat... QUACK QUACK!!"

--
GO BEAVS!
+1 permalink
5/13/2013 11:16:48 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
I will give this some thought. However.......IF I decide to take on this wager....it is ONLY for the 3 game series. RD...you cannot play like your team and try to "duck" out of the weekend by including a previously played game. It is for the 3 game weekend series only. I am not going to spend money to buy an OU hat or shirt that I would immediately burn following a picture. I will entertain coloring my mustache and goatee green and yellow and printing "the ducks are Oregon's best baseball team" on a white t-shirt (which would be incinerated after quickly) and posting that picture. Against RD doing the same only with him coloring beard and 'stache orange and black and writing the beavers are the best on the t-shirt. Now this is a bet against me ONLY RD.

Any other wager arrangements made with other posters are between you and them. However, consider this. You very well could end up making a myriad of bets that could keep you in Beaver colors for months. I would think a bet to have to attend the midweek game in a t-shirt that says "I'm a duck fan and the beavers are the better team" at Goss would be a great thing. Course, I can't attend, so I'd need a picture.

I believe a previously played game is fine We are talking about the civil war. All games count or no dice.
0 permalink
5/13/2013 11:19:37 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:

I would do that for all the games.. because in order to call the best team in state, you have to account for ALL games played. Meaning you guys win 3 out of 4, and I will proudly color my beard, and declare OSU supreme in Oregon on a white t shirt, posting, etc.
0 permalink
5/13/2013 2:51:31 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:

I would do that for all the games.. because in order to call the best team in state, you have to account for ALL games played. Meaning you guys win 3 out of 4, and I will proudly color my beard, and declare OSU supreme in Oregon on a white t shirt, posting, etc.

So you want to back up retroactively? To include a game played BEFORE the wager was even offered? Man. Next you'll want to include highest strike outs and least walks, fewest HBPs and a whole host of other crapola. However, I accept, and will include the previously played game but with this caveat. if you lose, in addition to the beard coloring and pic posting, you have to also change your avatar for the balance of the baseball year, to include the CWS whether you're there or not, to match Opihi's beaver avatar. And you have to keep your Riverduck name on it.
0 permalink
5/13/2013 3:22:35 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:

So you want to back up retroactively? To include a game played BEFORE the wager was even offered? Man. Next you'll want to include highest strike outs and least walks, fewest HBPs and a whole host of other crapola. However, I accept, and will include the previously played game but with this caveat. if you lose, in addition to the beard coloring and pic posting, you have to also change your avatar for the balance of the baseball year, to include the CWS whether you're there or not, to match Opihi's beaver avatar. And you have to keep your Riverduck name on it.

Ok- sounds good to me. Fine. We win two out of the next four and you have to do the same. How bout you only have to keep the avatar alive as long as our respective team is still playing. Just a thought. Did you see that Irvin got pitcher of the week? So much for the best freshman pitcher. At least he was the best last week, and this week. All those stats don't mean a thing.
0 permalink
5/13/2013 10:32:26 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Leave my Beaver alone!

Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:

0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Civil War Wager!