Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Civil War Wager!

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/12/2013 1:14:55 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD and Beaver Nation, I'd like to propose that we have a wager for the upcoming Civil War. If you and others from Beaver Nation think it worthy, the first order of business is to determine the wager parameters and the bet. For example, there are 4 games coming up between the two teams. The most obvious bet is the team that wins the most games is the winner. If the teams tie at 2-2, then we can look at run differential.

Now, regarding the bet. One suggestion is that the loser has to wear clothing with a prominent logo from the winner's team for a full day and have a picture taken and posted to the PG forum. Another option is to have the loser write an essay on why the winner is a superior team and college.

We can also get the non-Beaver State fans involved (If you aren’t aware, the Beaver is the State of Oregon Animal). Perhaps, they can pick a side and be honorary Beavers or Ducks and they will need to suffer the same punishment described above.

What say you? What other suggestions come to mind?
+1 permalink
5/12/2013 1:49:02 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Well, here in Corvallis, I'd feel comfortable wagering something our school contributes to society...like a nice micro-brew.

I don't know if I'd want to win a hacky sack made of woven armpit hair and bong resin from the dirty south, though.

I'd never be caught wearing anything UO related...I hear just wearing the logo lowers your IQ. To each his own I guess.
+1 permalink
5/12/2013 1:58:22 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
My wife caught my laughing aloud at your post OM. For those non-Eugene residents, OM painted a very accurate representation of the Eugene and UO culture which happens to be the home of the anarchist movement and the ban God and Christmas movement.

OpihiMan wrote:
Well, here in Corvallis, I'd feel comfortable wagering something our school contributes to society...like a nice micro-brew.

I don't know if I'd want to win a hacky sack made of woven armpit hair and bong resin from the dirty south, though.

I'd never be caught wearing anything UO related...I hear just wearing the logo lowers your IQ. To each his own I guess.

edited by BeaverBob on 5/12/2013
+1 permalink
5/12/2013 2:02:16 AM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
People could care less which I would wear here in Alabama. I'll tell you guys what. And maybe this isnt bad and you can come up with something better, but if I pick Oregon and win, any OSU fan who accepts will have to put in their sig...."LSU and Oregon are the best teams to ever play college baseball." Also vice versa the other way. If I lose then I will put that the winning team is the greatest. I'm just throwing stuff out there and I still havent decided who I'm gonna pick anyway, but I think this will be one of the greatest games of the year and I wana be a part of it. Also if you do wanna do the sig bet it has to stay there until the post season is over.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:06:09 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
LSU Blake, I'm liking your spirit of this event, as painful as it would be, perhaps even in the suicidal range, I would comply, if by some chance, lightening were to strike, and somehow, in a miracle situation the Ducks would beat the Beavers.

LSU_Blake wrote:
People could care less which I would wear here in Alabama. I'll tell you guys what. And maybe this isnt bad and you can come up with something better, but if I pick Oregon and win, any OSU fan who accepts will have to put in their sig...."LSU and Oregon are the best teams to ever play college baseball." Also vice versa the other way. If I lose then I will put that the winning team is the greatest. I'm just throwing stuff out there and I still havent decided who I'm gonna pick anyway, but I think this will be one of the greatest games of the year and I wana be a part of it. Also if you do wanna do the sig bet it has to stay there until the post season is over.

0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:10:53 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
BeaverBob wrote:
My wife caught my laughing aloud at your post OM. For those non-Eugene residents, OM painted a very accurate representation of the Eugene and UO culture which happens to be the home of the anarchist movement and the ban God and Christmas movement.

Why thank you, I do wonder if I've gone too far yet...
Froot
0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:28:36 AM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
BeaverBob wrote:
LSU Blake, I'm liking your spirit of this event, as painful as it would be, perhaps even in the suicidal range, I would comply, if by some chance, lightening were to strike, and somehow, in a miracle situation the Ducks would beat the Beavers.

LSU_Blake wrote:

Well I havent decided yet. Probably early part of the week.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:29:30 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
OpihiMan wrote:

Is the hacky sack worth more or less if the armpit hair came from a female? And does it come with a union label?

Let's give them a chance. They already took game one. Best of five.
0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:39:47 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
That's a tricky question, manufactured outside of Eugene they are worth more due to the scarcity of material.

However, in Eugene it's a pretty common material that can be found bountifully throughout the Greater Eugene area.

As far as Union Label...I don't know, people in Eugene do things, as they wish, when they wish, if you tried to special order said Hacky sack, you'd probably find yourself forced into a Kumbayah circle, who's members wear worn out tie-dye and are covered in more body/facial hair than most other mammals. You'd then be non-forcefully told that your requests obstruct true art and it's really just a conspiracy to outsource the "woven armpit hacky sack" market to China, all while scents of patchouli and body odor waft through the humid air.

Dodger Matt wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:

Is the hacky sack worth more or less if the armpit hair came from a female? And does it come with a union label?

0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:54:07 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Michael, I'm impressed with your knowledge of economics. The whole concept of the invisible hand and capitalism is not widely understood or acknowledged in the People's Republic of Eugene. In their mind, there is no difference between Joseph Smith and Adam Smith.
OpihiMan wrote:
That's a tricky question, manufactured outside of Eugene they are worth more due to the scarcity of material.

However, in Eugene it's a pretty common material that can be found bountifully throughout the Greater Eugene area.

As far as Union Label...I don't know, people in Eugene do things, as they wish, when they wish, if you tried to special order said Hacky sack, you'd probably find yourself forced into a Kumbayah circle, who's members wear worn out tie-dye and are covered in more body/facial hair than most other mammals. You'd then be non-forcefully told that your requests obstruct true art and it's really just a conspiracy to outsource the "woven armpit hacky sack" market to China, all while scents of patchouli and body odor waft through the humid air.

Dodger Matt wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:

0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:56:12 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:57:36 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BTW, my friend Dick and I will be at Saturday's game, with his two daughters' boyfriends. He enjoyed that Cal game so much, and I was telling him that the Civil War would be a match between top ten teams, so he decided to make it a boys day at the park and got tickets already. Any other Beavers gonna make the drive to the People's Republic of Eugene May 18? (Looks like that is also Armed Forces Day. I wonder if the Ducks will have an American flag for the occasion....)
0 permalink
5/12/2013 3:21:50 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Have fun at the game. I have an invite to the Sunday game from one of my Duck buddies, but probably won't be able to make it. I'm heading to New Orleans and Mississippi for a few days the following week. I was hoping to catch a baseball game during the week when down in the South, but I think the regular season will be over for the SEC and that I'll be out of luck. I am going to drive to Corvallis and catch the Duckies and Beavers play on the 21st before I catch my plane early in the AM.

You might want to bring your own American Flag with you and even a copy of the Constitution. BTW, tell Dick hello. He seems like my kind of guy.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BTW, my friend Dick and I will be at Saturday's game, with his two daughters' boyfriends. He enjoyed that Cal game so much, and I was telling him that the Civil War would be a match between top ten teams, so he decided to make it a boys day at the park and got tickets already. Any other Beavers gonna make the drive to the People's Republic of Eugene May 18? (Looks like that is also Armed Forces Day. I wonder if the Ducks will have an American flag for the occasion....)
0 permalink
5/12/2013 3:33:00 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Dodger Matt wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:

I thought the Eugene hacky sacks were woven out of beaver hair. That's where they get that distinctive smell of patchouli and body odor.

And as for LSU, hard choice. Does he go with the Louisiana state tv series, Duck Dynasty? Or does he make a smart choice and pick a beaver. Personally, I'd rather wear a beaver for a day than a duck. More appealing.
0 permalink
5/12/2013 3:42:49 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, only the finest virgin Beaver hair is used.

Florida Beaver wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:

I thought the Eugene hacky sacks were woven out of beaver hair. That's where they get that distinctive smell of patchouli and body odor.

And as for LSU, hard choice. Does he go with the Louisiana state tv series, Duck Dynasty? Or does he make a smart choice and pick a beaver. Personally, I'd rather wear a beaver for a day than a duck. More appealing.
0 permalink
5/12/2013 8:48:52 AM

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:
RD and Beaver Nation, I'd like to propose that we have a wager for the upcoming Civil War. If you and others from Beaver Nation think it worthy, the first order of business is to determine the wager parameters and the bet. For example, there are 4 games coming up between the two teams. The most obvious bet is the team that wins the most games is the winner. If the teams tie at 2-2, then we can look at run differential.

Now, regarding the bet. One suggestion is that the loser has to wear clothing with a prominent logo from the winner's team for a full day and have a picture taken and posted to the PG forum. Another option is to have the loser write an essay on why the winner is a superior team and college.

We can also get the non-Beaver State fans involved (If you aren’t aware, the Beaver is the State of Oregon Animal). Perhaps, they can pick a side and be honorary Beavers or Ducks and they will need to suffer the same punishment described above.

What say you? What other suggestions come to mind?

BB
I got no dog in this fight, but I would just go with series win of conference games for simplicity sake or best of 5 if ya want to concede a game.
FYI
I lost the bet you proposed & had to wear a Razorback hat & shirt at the Tempe Regional a few years ago w/ photo sent to winner of said wager. BUT, this year I'm up 1 6 pac of St. Pauli Girl!!

Don't forget the Pac is at war next weekend....except for Utah.....I'll extend the same wager to Rowdy...best of 3 next weekend. Watcha say Rowdy?

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
+1 permalink
5/12/2013 10:15:14 AM

borgguy
borgguy
Does any of this matter if RD and UOsportsguy dont take the bet? (which would show you just how confident our resident waterfowl are in their team)

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/12/2013 10:21:01 AM

borgguy
borgguy
OpihiMan wrote:

LMFAO!!! Eugene does have a couple nice Microbrews though, maybe could wager some Ninkasi vs some Flat tail or block 15?

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/12/2013 10:36:29 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Hmm. Sounds interesting.. I might have to think on all of this. If memory serves me right, We play you guys 5 games.. and we have already won 1, so it is the best of five.. Always has been, always will be. How bout a tie die?
0 permalink
5/12/2013 1:26:43 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Riverduck wrote:
Hmm. Sounds interesting.. I might have to think on all of this. If memory serves me right, We play you guys 5 games.. and we have already won 1, so it is the best of five.. Always has been, always will be. How bout a tie die?

RD:
If you decline the Beaver challange......you don't have a feather on your butt. Look at it this way...this is an oppotunity to retaliate for all of the verbal abuse you have taken from the Beaver Nation....if the Ducks win.....come on....grow a pair.
Go Away

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Civil War Wager!