Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks vs The Other OSU

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/11/2013 8:20:46 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Well, Irvin gets his tenth win. Best freshman pitcher on the west coast.. Next week will settle it..
0 permalink
5/11/2013 8:36:05 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Still think you have enough, eh? After struggling with the other OSU? With 3 more games to go before you face the Beaver on the diamond? There's a difference between confidence and arrogance. We have one, you have the other. I wonder which will carry the day?
0 permalink
5/11/2013 9:27:44 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Man I love you PAC-12 guys. I dont know where the crap hogfan has been so if I cant get my SEC buddies to talk with me I guess I'm stuck with you guys.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
+1 permalink
5/11/2013 11:06:41 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Have you Beavers overlooked the fact that this duckheaded duckbag (that's for you BB) is claiming Irvin is better than Andrew Moore?

He's not even the best Freshman pitcher within the conference, not the best within the state of Oregon, not even the best within 50 miles of Eugene.

And now for some facts RD...(this was as of yesterday...note that both Moore and Irvin picked up 10 wins today...it just took Irvin an extra game )

Player......Moore.......Irvin
ERA..........1.37..........2.93
W-L...........9-1...........9-2
APP............12............12
GS.............11............12
CG..............1..............2
SHO/CBO.1/3..........1/0
SV..............1..............0
IP...............79.............83
H...............53.............80
R..............17.............32
ER............12............27
BB............18............18
SO............44............40
2B.............10............11
3B.............1...............1
HR............1...............2
AB...........266...........306
B/Avg.....0.199.......0.261
WP............0..............1
HBP..........8..............6
BK............0..............1

Riverduck wrote:
Well, Irvin gets his tenth win. Best freshman pitcher on the west coast.. Next week will settle it..
+1 permalink
5/11/2013 11:07:08 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great to have you stuck with us. During football season, a local Portland sports radio station has a guy come on from the SE Conference. He is called the SE Guy. He is some type of doctor. He is very entertaining and brings to bear all of the southern stereotypes. I actually love the southern culture, but here in the NW, it doesn't always fit well.

LSU_Blake wrote:
Man I love you PAC-12 guys. I dont know where the crap hogfan has been so if I cant get my SEC buddies to talk with me I guess I'm stuck with you guys.
0 permalink
5/11/2013 11:12:35 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
Have you Beavers overlooked the fact that this duckheaded duckbag (that's for you BB) is claiming Irvin is better than Andrew Moore?

He's not even the best Freshman pitcher within the conference, not the best within the state of Oregon, not even the best within 50 miles of Eugene.

And now for some facts RD...(this was as of yesterday...note that both Moore and Irvin picked up 10 wins today...it just took Irvin an extra game )

SHO/CBO.1/3..........1/0

Riverduck wrote:

well sheesh.. I am a bit biased. Next week will determine it. 9 of our last 10 wins have come from freshman arms.. so I guess i got caught up on that.
0 permalink
5/11/2013 11:19:34 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Riverduck wrote:

well sheesh.. I am a bit biased. Next week will determine it. 9 of our last 10 wins have come from freshman arms.. so I guess i got caught up on that.

It's ok, I know you are excited
+1 permalink
5/12/2013 12:00:16 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I noticed. I was hoping that if I just ignored RD's unsubstantiated discussion, it might go away. OM, if this were a debate, you would win hands down. An argument full of blah, blah, blah, against an argument supported with facts and data.

OpihiMan wrote:

SHO/CBO.1/3..........1/0

Riverduck wrote:
0 permalink
5/12/2013 12:03:42 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Funny how blah blah blah kinda sounds like quack quack quack...
+2 permalink
5/12/2013 12:16:17 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
LSU Blake, here is a link for info on the SEC guy including a podcast. I just absolutely love him. He in politically incorrect, hates the liberal lifestyle of the NW, and says whatever is on his mind.

http://www.750thegame.com/pages/landing_doing?blockID=642387

BeaverBob wrote:
Great to have you stuck with us. During football season, a local Portland sports radio station has a guy come on from the SE Conference. He is called the SE Guy. He is some type of doctor. He is very entertaining and brings to bear all of the southern stereotypes. I actually love the southern culture, but here in the NW, it doesn't always fit well.

LSU_Blake wrote:
+1 permalink
5/12/2013 12:20:32 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
What stands out most to me is the difference in era, hits, and B/ave.

RD, can you help me understand these numbers?

BeaverBob wrote:
I noticed. I was hoping that if I just ignored RD's unsubstantiated discussion, it might go away. OM, if this were a debate, you would win hands down. An argument full of blah, blah, blah, against an argument supported with facts and data.

OpihiMan wrote:

SHO/CBO.1/3..........1/0

Riverduck wrote:
0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:31:22 AM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
BeaverBob wrote:
LSU Blake, here is a link for info on the SEC guy including a podcast. I just absolutely love him. He in politically incorrect, hates the liberal lifestyle of the NW, and says whatever is on his mind.

http://www.750thegame.com/pages/landing_doing?blockID=642387

BeaverBob wrote:

LSU_Blake wrote:

Appreciate it. Ill have to check him out.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:39:34 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BeaverBob wrote:

C'mon, Bob! These numbers show Irvin is a far better hitter. Moore is below the Mendoza line.
+1 permalink
5/12/2013 2:41:37 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I actually Laughed out Loud at that, thanks DM

lol hit

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

C'mon, Bob! These numbers show Irvin is a far better hitter. Moore is below the Mendoza line.
0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:43:35 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Excellent point Matt. See, we could have used your intellect today. I can't believe this wasn't obvious to me.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

0 permalink
5/12/2013 10:28:21 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
Not disagreeing with the importance of getting W's...but with the amount of their games coming down to the end and relying on the other team making mistakes to make up for their relative pathetic hitting efforts how effective can that type of team be in the postseason vs teams that don't make errors? Heck 1 loss in the first 2 games in the regional = alot of problems...Ducks don't get a 10th inning error in one of those games and guess what happens.
borgguy wrote:
Yeah, you get what the team gives you. The ducks put pressure on the D, that is their brand. When San Diego put pressure on you guys.. they fell apart. It is just a style, not good or bad, but comes down to how this team wins. I don't see anything changing in the future, and for us to rely on how the beavs win games would result in a more losses. I do beliieve you guys have the more talented, better hitting and pitching team, but it all comes down to the intangibles. The ducks have ridden that and is the reason they are where they are. We have proven we can compete with any team in the nation. Last year when I saw Horton in the post interviews when we were so close to the CWS he said he was going to take his team to the CWS, or die trying. This is a very, very good opportunity for him to do so. We must beat the beavs, and things will fall into place. Oh, and beat the Utes too. As for hitting.. I would hang my hat on Tolman, Thomas, Heineman and Healy. They have been hitting the ball well.
0 permalink
5/12/2013 2:25:48 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Wow. Ducks score their only run on two consecutive wild pitches and win 1-0. There ain't gonna be that kinda luck handed to them next weekend.
0 permalink
5/12/2013 3:20:36 PM

ASU74
ASU74
LSU_Blake wrote:

LSU...we want you to feel right at home...for you...Phil Robertson...The Duckman:

For RD:

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/12/2013 5:33:47 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
And Sherfy has to save the ducklies AGAIN. Horton must be hating things as they sit for next weekend for the ducks knowing the Beavs score more that 1 or 2 runs a game.
0 permalink
5/12/2013 7:57:32 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Part of the game plan fb..
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks vs The Other OSU