Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks vs The Other OSU

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/11/2013 5:36:48 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Just to show how few people care about Duck's baseball, the Portland radion station 1360 will air car racing instead of the Duck's second game.
0 permalink
5/11/2013 5:39:42 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
Ducks win too many of these flukey, error laden, poor hitting effort games...makes you wonder what they really can achieve (if anything) in the postseason.

Pac play this year is actually pretty poor IMO. Most teams are having down years.. I remember when the obvious favorites with all the momentum came rolling into the park with the most to lose.. did. So I am feeling fine with this upcoming series. We will figure a way out to make it close, and put some pressure to see if you guys can handle it, and hopefully prevail making it sting the most..
0 permalink
5/11/2013 5:39:59 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Man I hope you guys bring the popcorn next weekend. I'm gonna prop my feet up and enjoy that civil war.
edited by LSU_Blake on 5/11/2013

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
+1 permalink
5/11/2013 5:43:36 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
OpihiMan wrote:
Ducks win too many of these flukey, error laden, poor hitting effort games...makes you wonder what they really can achieve (if anything) in the postseason.

Well you can complain this and that.. but to win this many games is not a fluke. This team scraps for every win, and makes the opponent feel that much crappier than getting beat by five. Heck, the trojans where honored to get spanked at Goss. lol

It's more of an observation, not a complaint. You have 1, and only 1, reason for your wins. With relatively no bats to speak of beyond Healy, the ducks cannot manage to get more than 1 or 2 runs up on their opponents. Since they end up so close, they have to rely on Sherfy. If the opponents are up 3+ by the 9th, Sherfy is useless and the ducks lose. Y'all have got to be worried as a whore in church
0 permalink
5/11/2013 5:45:39 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
While on the golf course today one of our foursome, a recent OSU graduate, coined a new phrase that I think should become a common phrase. We play with another golfer that is a bit irritating, anal, and can be a real jerk at times. So, we started calling him Duckhead.

What a great phrase! Don't you agree?
edited by BeaverBob on 5/11/2013
+1 permalink
5/11/2013 5:49:44 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
That, or a duckbag...

BeaverBob wrote:
While on the golf course today one of our foursome, a recent OSU graduate, coined a new phrase that I think should become a common phrase. We play with another golfer that is a bit irritating, anal, and can be a real jerk at times. So, we started calling him Duckhead.

0 permalink
5/11/2013 5:53:39 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Man it's gonna be bad for one of the Oregon fan bases next weekend.

--
0 permalink
5/11/2013 5:57:23 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
LSU_Blake wrote:
Man it's gonna be bad for one of the Oregon fan bases next weekend.

LSU Blake, I know you don't want to hurt RD's feelings, but I think we all know who is the best team in Oregon. It's the bule collar team, built with sweat and hard work, and that has won 2 CWS.
+1 permalink
5/11/2013 5:58:40 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
OM, I like it.

OpihiMan wrote:
That, or a duckbag...

BeaverBob wrote:

0 permalink
5/11/2013 6:08:49 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Well I mean if Oregon wins every game left like that then they would be champs. I think both teams have done extremely well and I really couldn't pick a favorite. If I had to pick the series for next week though I would say OSU 2-1. I think OSU is playing better RIGHT NOW but Oregon is a beast and either team is good enough to win it all. Neither team got where they are by mistake that's for sure.

--
0 permalink
5/11/2013 6:10:08 PM

borgguy
borgguy
LSU_Blake wrote:
Man I hope you guys bring the popcorn next weekend. I'm gonna prop my feet up and enjoy that civil war.
edited by LSU_Blake on 5/11/2013

and it will end just like the war between the states, with the South getting whooped! Hammer Time

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/11/2013 6:15:26 PM

borgguy
borgguy
LSU_Blake wrote:
Well I mean if Oregon wins every game left like that then they would be champs. I think both teams have done extremely well and I really couldn't pick a favorite. If I had to pick the series for next week though I would say OSU 2-1. I think OSU is playing better RIGHT NOW but Oregon is a beast and either team is good enough to win it all. Neither team got where they are by mistake that's for sure.

as much as it may annoy my fellow beavers here, I would love nothing more than to have a CW for the national title, I have been saying it since halfway last year when the Ducks began to look like they were a legit team. That is why I am rooting for the Ducks to take care of business against all their opponents (except us) to make sure that they have a national seed and so long as they stay on the other side of the bracket from us.

--
GO BEAVS!
+1 permalink
5/11/2013 6:19:30 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
BG, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I dislike the Ducks so much that I hope they lose every game in every sport.

borgguy wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:

as much as it may annoy my fellow beavers here, I would love nothing more than to have a CW for the national title, I have been saying it since halfway last year when the Ducks began to look like they were a legit team. That is why I am rooting for the Ducks to take care of business against all their opponents (except us) to make sure that they have a national seed and so long as they stay on the other side of the bracket from us.
-1 permalink
5/11/2013 6:23:35 PM

borgguy
borgguy
normally I would agree with you, if the Ducks were to go Oh-fer, I would not be dissapointed, but that isnt the case here, and I am a conference guy so I want them to rep the pac well. this late in the season they have a shot at a national seed, this would make Oregon a baseball hotbed if BOTH major teams were national seeds and were both in Omaha.
however here is to an 0-12 UO football season! Toast

BeaverBob wrote:
BG, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I dislike the Ducks so much that I hope they lose every game in every sport.

borgguy wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/11/2013 6:24:18 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
borgguy wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:

For LSU's sake I hope only 1 of you are in it, but no hard feelings borgguy. Regardless, I would like to see LSU play one of you somewhere along the line, and if we take care of business in Baton Rouge it would be a huge possibility.

--
0 permalink
5/11/2013 6:42:31 PM

borgguy
borgguy
yes, we have a debt from last year to repay....
LSU_Blake wrote:
borgguy wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:

For LSU's sake I hope only 1 of you are in it, but no hard feelings borgguy. Regardless, I would like to see LSU play one of you somewhere along the line, and if we take care of business in Baton Rouge it would be a huge possibility.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/11/2013 6:47:24 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Ohio State is just not a good team or they have a really bad coach. For about the fourth time they hit into a double play -- this time with runneres on 1st and 3rd and no outs. This coach must be totally against any type of small ball.
0 permalink
5/11/2013 7:05:41 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
C'mon borrguy, as if you really thought OSU was gonna get out of the BOX alive

--
0 permalink
5/11/2013 7:26:58 PM

borgguy
borgguy
LSU_Blake wrote:
C'mon borrguy, as if you really thought OSU was gonna get out of the BOX alive

stranger things have happened.....

--
GO BEAVS!
+2 permalink
5/11/2013 7:35:34 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
True that. There is magic in the box though. If all things go right though we shouldn't see OSU there.

--
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks vs The Other OSU