Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks vs Pilots

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/16/2013 5:12:07 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Close game in middle of 5th. Pilots up 1-0. Go Pilots
0 permalink
4/16/2013 6:11:46 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah.. big ouch if Oregon loses. Healy smashes one in the 7th, we have our regular players back in, with our #1 setup man, leading up to the big unit.
0 permalink
4/16/2013 6:12:05 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
correct me.. little unit
0 permalink
4/16/2013 6:28:53 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Pac player of the week at it again. GOOOO DUCKS!!!
0 permalink
4/16/2013 6:29:10 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Just turned it on to hear Heineman go yard in the 9th. So I listened to about ten seconds and turned it off. Ha!
0 permalink
4/16/2013 6:29:55 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Riverduck wrote:
GOOOO DUCKS!!!

Goo Ducks? Sounds greasy. And gross.
+1 permalink
4/16/2013 6:31:14 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Time to mow the yard. Looking forward to watching he Beavs play on the Bluff tomorrow.
0 permalink
4/16/2013 6:33:22 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Dodger Matt wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
GOOOO DUCKS!!!

Goo Ducks? Sounds greasy. And gross.

I think this was the dish I had at Hung Lows yesterday
+1 permalink
4/16/2013 6:39:02 PM

UOsportsguy
UOsportsguy
2 good at bats by both Healy and Tolman in order to get to Heineman. Both went 3-2 before drawing walks. Tolman started 0-2 before battling back.
+1 permalink
4/16/2013 7:37:49 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Two big swings that made a difference. Never seen the ducks do this, so consistently. Probably the most balanced ducks team I have seen yet. We are definitely the dark horses right now. Sherfy is now tied for most saves
edited by Riverduck on 4/16/2013
0 permalink
4/16/2013 8:35:08 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Riverduck wrote:
Two big swings that made a difference. Never seen the ducks do this, so consistently. Probably the most balanced ducks team I have seen yet. We are definitely the dark horses right now. Sherfy is now tied for most saves
edited by Riverduck on 4/16/2013

cant really say that the #2 team in the conference, top 10 in the country, is a "dark horse." Both the Beavs and the Ducks are starting to pull away from the rest of the conference, CW should be amazing (again) this year

--
GO BEAVS!
+1 permalink
4/16/2013 8:52:01 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Well, the beavs have had the bigger target on their back this year IMO. And we all know how tough that is. Shaping up to be another great year to both clubs. Still have a ways to go.
0 permalink
4/17/2013 7:39:32 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Yesterday's game vs. Ducks:
    Start: 3:00 PM Time: 3:01 Attendance: 507
    Weather: Mostly sunny, nice
Today's game vs. Beavers:
    Start: 3:00 PM Time: 2:14 Attendance: 1007
    Weather: Some clouds, pleasant
I was going to say they Beavers outdrew the Ducks by 2:1, but looking at the numbers, I see that would be hyperbole.

But it was sunny and nice yesterday; only pleasant today. Yesterday was a close game until the 9th; today, not so close. Why so many more fans to see the Beavers than the Ducks?
0 permalink
4/17/2013 8:09:33 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Well, you are 45 minutes closer.. and a beavs feel good win is always good which is pretty much guaranteed win for the last ten years or so vs the pilots. Maybe the fans would rather watch a 1 rpi go down versus a number 5? Just saying.
0 permalink
4/17/2013 8:16:33 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
Yesterday's game vs. Ducks:
    Start: 3:00 PM Time: 3:01 Attendance: 507
    Weather: Mostly sunny, nice
Today's game vs. Beavers:

Start: 3:00 PM Time: 2:14 Attendance: 1007
    Weather: Some clouds, pleasant
I was going to say they Beavers outdrew the Ducks by 2:1, but looking at the numbers, I see that would be hyperbole.

But it was sunny and nice yesterday; only pleasant today. Yesterday was a close game until the 9th; today, not so close. Why so many more fans to see the Beavers than the Ducks?

I was in Detroit today, and it was an understatement that I would get to hear Parker rant about how good the beavs are. I love the recaps, where he blatantly tries to prostethlizes the beaver superiority. I laugh so hard I can get a beav game with Parker rapping about how they must get to Centralia tonight. Maybe they will catch a double header in Seattle. Lol. I really did not need to hear that. Maybe he will then catch a beer with Yeskie and eat a napkin together..
0 permalink
4/17/2013 8:21:49 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah -- RD. I know that Oregon is famous for its Journalism Program, but to be honest, your post falls short of any meangingful content.

I was at the game today and sat next to some pretty UoP coeds. They told me that there was much more interest and excitement at the game today than yesterday.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Riverduck wrote:
Well, you are 45 minutes closer.. and a beavs feel good win is always good which is pretty much guaranteed win for the last ten years or so vs the pilots. Maybe the fans would rather watch a 1 rpi go down versus a number 5? Just saying.
+1 permalink
4/17/2013 8:21:57 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Really? You actually think alcoholism is joke worthy? Before now, I actually was under the impression you might be a halfway decent person.
0 permalink
4/17/2013 8:25:54 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
SB, RD and the rest of the Eugene crowd just don't get it. There is much more separating Eugene and Corvallis than 45 miles. To me, it is the difference between right and wrong, good and bad, and heaven and hell. With the Liberals in Eugene, anything goes.

SouthernBeaver wrote:
Really? You actually think alcoholism is joke worthy? Before now, I actually was under the impression you might be a halfway decent person.
+1 permalink
4/17/2013 8:47:08 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I really enjoy watching games at UoP- Joe Etzel Field. While it only holds slighlty over 1,000 fans, there is not a bad seat in the house. You can also get a view of the West Portland Hills and the campus.

I got to the game a bit late due to traffick, and when I arrived, the game was sold out. I had to wait until the third inning to get in the ball park as they started selling the on-call tickets that were not used to the general public.

I've attached a picture, that doesn't really do the stadium justice, but thought those of you who have never been to UoP might be interested.

0 permalink
4/17/2013 8:48:33 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
I just sat here for several minutes trying to craft a response displaying through prose the sadness that I feel, that the 2% of duck fans who are decent human beings are overshadowed by the rest... but no matter how I say it, my disgust from the above tasteless sense of humor bled in to whatever I typed.

RD, while you're at it, why don't you make fun of people with down syndrome, blow up a kitten, and make a few redneck racist jokes for good measure?
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks vs Pilots