Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

hogfan4life - all messages by user

3/11/2011 1:29:00 PM
Topic:
SEC Power Poll Week 3.5

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I was wondering the same thing Gatorex...
3/11/2011 11:05:21 PM
Topic:
Hogs remain under the radar.

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Well another 10+ run game for my Hogs. They are now 12-1 and have a sweep over Utah that I think could end up looking pretty good when the year plays out. With the win tonight over SDSU they have guaranteed a split. One more win out West would look really good. Maybe Kendall will finally give us some love if not we will just have to keep winning until he doesn't have a choice. I don't know why, but Kendall and Aaron Fitt have not given the Hogs any respect this year. Yet Uconn is still ranked??? Not getting into that because it just makes me furious to think how them or Oregon is still ranked in the top 25. Lot of baseball left to play this has been a great learning experience on the road for my Hogs. Here is to at least one more win.

Also wanted to say congrats to LSU on a big win tonight as well as Georgia.
3/12/2011 6:45:15 PM
Topic:
SEC Power Poll Week 3.5

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Well... I looked at Auburn's schedule since he called out the Hogs. I expected to see some big wins since he said we haven't played anyone. You beat College of Charleston.... congrats. You have for sure played better competition (Virginia & ASU), but you lost so that means nothing.

Lot of season to go and these things will play out fine. Auburn may be better than Arkansas and it won't hurt my pride if they are, we are supposed to be rebuilding this year. The only reason I brought it up is because it didn't say anything about how you thought it would end and I was just curious how you had Ark. behind Auburn when we had a better record. I hope you get a W Sunday vs. ASU. See you next weekend!!
3/13/2011 10:27:10 AM
Topic:
Hogs remain under the radar.

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Can't argue with that Gators. Spot on. Utah and SDSU both have bad records, but look at the schedule they played. There is a reason they have two or three wins. I really like this Ark. team. It will all play itself out.
3/13/2011 3:52:33 PM
Topic:
SEC Power Poll Week 3.5

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Good win for Auburn today to avoid sweep and good job to LSU for sweeping Fullerton. Safe to say that LSU has reloaded very well.
3/17/2011 9:09:02 PM
Topic:
Hog fans...

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Obviously I would hope for a 2-1 series victory for my Hogs, but I know it's on the road and we are VERY young. I don't know who is starting Friday night. If it's Baxendale he has been lights out. Hasn't allowed a run yet. We are a very different team this year than any I can remember for a while. We don't have power hitters with the exception of one or two guys. If we hit three homeruns in a weekend that is probably a good weekend. We will small ball you and make your pithcers throw a lot of pitches. Robinson and Fic. have been unbelievable this year Fic is just a freshman. How we got him out of Fullerton, CA I have no idea. I'm ready to get it going though because this is our first REAL test. Good Luck!
3/18/2011 8:55:15 PM
Topic:
Kendall, I don't usually like to call a team out..

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
But, don't you think it is time to remove UConn from your top 25? 18-3 loss to Rhode Island? I don't care how good Rhode Island might be (I know nothing about them), a "top 25" team should NEVER lose to ANYBODY that bad. UConn may be a very very good ball club down the stretch, but just becuase they have lost to some good teams doesn't make them a good team. At some point losses are losses and it just has to be accepted. Aaron Fitt at BA seems to have the same fascination with UConn. "They will be fine down the stretch," I won't argue that because they probably will, but why are they in the top 25 right now? If they get hot down the stretch then put them in, but I see no justification what-so-ever for them to be ranked in the top-25 at this point of the year. There are mid-major teams out there right now that deserve that ranking more than they do. All in all I enjoy your stuff and hope you don't take this as a shot at you!
3/23/2011 8:03:19 PM
Topic:
SEC Power Rankings Week 5

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
AU Tiger, I haven't been on since the weekend. We ended up with a series just like I expected. My Hogs are just a little too young right now. If we line out our pitching troubles we can be dangerous, but how long will that take? I think I would put LSU ahead of Arkansas even after the sweep. Something tells me that LSU won't be the only team swept by Florida this year. We can bounce back bigtime with 2 wins vs. Vandy this weekend. Go Hogs!
3/25/2011 8:07:18 PM
Topic:
SEC Power Rankings Week 5

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Wow! My Hogs just beat Sunny Gray! Big time win, but we need to find a way to get 2 from Vandy! Shocked at what USC did to Florida
4/6/2011 8:55:50 PM
Topic:
NCAA PROJECTIONS: Our latest 64 (4/6 -- ASK Q's)

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
As a Hog fan... Wow!! That Norman Region would be nasty. Maybe as nasty as that region last year that Lsu was in.
4/9/2011 5:27:30 PM
Topic:
**Weekend series predictions: Who you got?** (4/7)

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Southern Miss Sweep = Fail... I guess they could still be swepth though.
4/10/2011 7:21:16 PM
Topic:
What was the weekend's biggest surprise?

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Hogs sweeping LSU. Never saw that coming, freshman may finally be coming around. Pitching staff only gave up 7 runs in 3 games. I think our pitching has been suprisingly better than talked about. I also was shocked to see OSU sweep ASU, that's impressive.
4/11/2011 8:12:15 PM
Topic:
Pick it - Debate it....Vandy @ USC

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
I haven't seen SC yet but man was Vandy good
4/12/2011 4:36:26 PM
Topic:
Lets have some fun! Kendall and whoever else.

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Give me 2 teams that you believe AREN'T as good as their ranking/record and 2 teams that you feel ARE better than their ranking/unranked/record.

I feel LSU is better than their record and probably Goergia as well. Those are just teams I see play often because they are in the sec.

Hopefully I can do this without starting a fight among people.

I feel Southern Miss might be slightly overrated. I feel like they wouldn't have that kind of record in pac-10, sec, acc or big12. It's hard to find 2 when you don't see a lot outside your conference but I think I will go with....Troy, I'm not impressed with more than a couple of their wins. I believe there are other teams that are more deserving of top 25.

Anyways, don't want to offend anybody, I just want to get some discussion going in this board! I know I enjoy getting others perspective on a team from somebody other than your teams' fan.
4/16/2011 10:21:23 PM
Topic:
Lets have some fun! Kendall and whoever else.

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Thanks for you input dolphin.. I never intended for this to turn in to a team bashing board. I didn't mean to offend Southern Miss fans I just was going by team names on their schedule and I apologize. I haven't really seen them play I just wasn't a big fan of their schedule. I wish them the best of luck and I'm sure they are a quality team. I will retract my statement about LSU. I just don't know about thm any more. I feel confident in my statemnt about Troy however. Does anybody have any info on Stetson? Have they really played teams to be getting the attention? I've not seen one score of theirs until I saw people discussing them for top-25.
5/9/2011 8:05:30 PM
Topic:
Kendall, Poll info?

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Florida Beaver, I feel your pain. Collegiate baseball dropped my Hogs after we took 2/3 from Florida haha! I wouldn't worry about it too much. You have a fantastic team and as long as you are a national seed you shouldn't have to worry about your ranking! I also don't understand how we can have a top 15 rpi and top 25 SOS and a team with a 50+ rpi and a 150+ SOS can be ranked... period. That's unreal..
5/13/2011 6:59:21 AM
Topic:
PG 64: Latest NCAA Projections (HAVE Q'S?) -- 5/12

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Yeah, last year I remember Arkansas was one of the better 1 seeds (9-16) and we got shipped out to #1 overall Arizona State. That's just part of it. This is the first projections that has had the Hogs in the Southern Miss region. I know we would bringa lot of fans to Hattiesburg! Hopefully we will have our own host though!
5/13/2011 7:06:56 AM
Topic:

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
And Southern Miss fans, if the script was reverse and this was the Fayetteville region, I would be more worried about having likely the best 2 seed in the tournament in your region. Arkansas is still in the mix for a regional host and we are th 2 seed in your region. As I said if I was being talked about for a national seed and then got stuck with a 2 seed in the mix for a regional host. That's what I would be worried about not who I would play in Supers! Anyways, you would have to beat Virginia at some point anyways, why not knock them out before you get to Omaha.
5/13/2011 7:06:22 PM
Topic:

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
It could also still change with changes in host. Kendall could you give us a scenario where say Stetson doesn't get a host and say maybe Arkansas does, or anybody else does that is close to being a host. How would that, if at all, change the matches? What about Clemson? Could they possibly host and throw everything for a loop? I would be interested to hear what you think?
5/13/2011 7:16:13 PM
Topic:
CHAT TRANSCRIPT: Check it out (5/9)

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
UConn proved a year ago that they had no business hosting. They finished 3rd in their region and only brought $15,000 fans in for the entire weekend. Guess my point is, they played nobody all year and ran their record up high. Who has Stetson beat? Yes, good job you beat Georgia on opening weekend. That's all! Most of these other schools are scheduling your conference schedule as mid-week games. There are many, MANY other schools more deserving of a host. Look at Stetson's SOS. They should only have 5-6 losses with that schedule in my opinion.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16