Perfect Game Forum

ASU74 - all messages by user

5/11/2013 10:24:20 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 13

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:
The Huskies lost again today. So much for my picks this week. My goal is to replace FB at the bottom of the pile. You know, us Beavers do like to be on the bottom sometimes.

Look again...Huskies beat Utah 5-2
5/12/2013 8:48:52 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:
RD and Beaver Nation, I'd like to propose that we have a wager for the upcoming Civil War. If you and others from Beaver Nation think it worthy, the first order of business is to determine the wager parameters and the bet. For example, there are 4 games coming up between the two teams. The most obvious bet is the team that wins the most games is the winner. If the teams tie at 2-2, then we can look at run differential.

Now, regarding the bet. One suggestion is that the loser has to wear clothing with a prominent logo from the winner's team for a full day and have a picture taken and posted to the PG forum. Another option is to have the loser write an essay on why the winner is a superior team and college.

We can also get the non-Beaver State fans involved (If you aren’t aware, the Beaver is the State of Oregon Animal). Perhaps, they can pick a side and be honorary Beavers or Ducks and they will need to suffer the same punishment described above.

What say you? What other suggestions come to mind?

BB
I got no dog in this fight, but I would just go with series win of conference games for simplicity sake or best of 5 if ya want to concede a game.
FYI
I lost the bet you proposed & had to wear a Razorback hat & shirt at the Tempe Regional a few years ago w/ photo sent to winner of said wager. BUT, this year I'm up 1 6 pac of St. Pauli Girl!!

Don't forget the Pac is at war next weekend....except for Utah.....I'll extend the same wager to Rowdy...best of 3 next weekend. Watcha say Rowdy?
5/12/2013 9:09:45 AM
Topic:

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:
F, I hope you are still up. Your Devils have taken the lead in the top of the 9th with a homerun.

OpihiMan wrote:
How about this ASU Cal game....ASU cranks a 3-run bomb to tie it 9-9

BB
I needed a Bromo & went to best after the 4th.

I'll tell ya, Andy Lopez was so GREAT last year taking the Cats all the way with glaring holes in his team (no bull pen what so ever)...and everyone knew it!

It will take coaching like that from Esmay for us just to get through a Regional. The most "consistent" pitcher we have is our Saturday starter freshman Ryan Kellogg (got pounded last night). Even our freshman closer who is mostly "lights out" has been known to walk in the winning run. Bats are inconsistent, we got bombs, but you just can't count on going downtown every game. Esmay does not play small ball. We lead the Pac in E's. If the Devils are not careful, they will not be a regional host. Esmay will have to do a BRILLANT coaching job or purchase a large block of JNJ shares cause he will need a huge supply of Band Aids.
edited by ASU74 on 5/12/2013
5/12/2013 1:26:43 PM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

ASU74
ASU74
Riverduck wrote:
Hmm. Sounds interesting.. I might have to think on all of this. If memory serves me right, We play you guys 5 games.. and we have already won 1, so it is the best of five.. Always has been, always will be. How bout a tie die?

RD:
If you decline the Beaver challange......you don't have a feather on your butt. Look at it this way...this is an oppotunity to retaliate for all of the verbal abuse you have taken from the Beaver Nation....if the Ducks win.....come on....grow a pair.
Go Away
5/12/2013 3:03:20 PM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

ASU74
ASU74
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Here is another one I am willing to give you guys.. But each and every true beav will have to step up in some way. I will shave my head and beard, but before doing that I will die my beard orange, and where a beaver hat to proclaim my love for the beaver.. lol

But you guys have to win 3 to do it. We only have to win the series.. Ha Ha..

Mark with an X with your choice:
I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager

Beavers:
I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager
5/12/2013 3:20:36 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs The Other OSU

ASU74
ASU74
LSU_Blake wrote:
Man I love you PAC-12 guys. I dont know where the crap hogfan has been so if I cant get my SEC buddies to talk with me I guess I'm stuck with you guys.

LSU...we want you to feel right at home...for you...Phil Robertson...The Duckman:

For RD:

5/12/2013 3:26:07 PM
Topic:

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Just to spice things up, Everyone needs to read through the predictions before the last time the civil war was at PK. Enjoy!
http://perfectgame.org/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=4669

Interesting to look back at our discussion from a few years ago. While we have lost a few participants, we have several new ones.

Not much has changed in the way of banter.

Yea you are right SOS. Dump on Ducks. Too bad we don't have a more diverse Pac community.....from 3/26 post:

The Gods of the Schedule arranged Pac War for the weekend of 5/17/13. All of the Pac will be playing their traditional/instate rivals that weekend with the lone exception of our orphan, Utah. Here is how the stars will align:

Ariz at ASU
Stanford at Cal
OSU at Ore
UCLA at USC
UW at WSU

Gentleman, tempers will be flaring, tongues will be lashing, and blood will be spilt (figurativley of course). This is the weekend of Civil Wars throughout the Pac. The mighty may fall, futures will be altered and the meek may inherit on the next to last weekend of conference play.

Baseball: ya gotta love it.
5/12/2013 5:12:15 PM
Topic:

ASU74
ASU74
ASU vs Cal T9 2 out score 6-6...goes down town...BTW bases LOADED!! 10-6 devils lead
5/12/2013 6:24:02 PM
Topic:
NCAA Home Run Records

ASU74
ASU74
Career home run leaders

Rank Player School Years Games Home Runs
1 Pete Incaviglia Oklahoma State 1983-1985 213 100
2 Jeff Ledbetter Florida State 1979-1982 262 97
3 Todd Greene Georgia Southern 1990-1993 240 88
4 Eddy Furniss LSU 1995-1998 265 80
5 Frank Fazzini Florida State 1983-1985 234 79
6 Brad Cresse LSU 1997-2000 236 78
7 George Canale Virginia Tech 1984-1986 180 76
8 Chad Sutter Tulane 1996-1999 244 75
9 Matt LaPorta Florida 2004-2007 215 74
10 Cory Snyder BYU 1982-1984 173 73

Single-season home run leadersRank Player School Year Games Home Runs
1 Pete Incaviglia Oklahoma State 1985 75 48
2 Jeff Ledbetter Florida State 1982 74 42
3 Lance Berkman Rice 1997 63 41
4 Brandon Larson LSU 1997 69 40
5 Steve Hacker Missouri State 1995 58 37
6 Russ Spence Auburn 1988 75 35
t7 Daylan Holt Texas A&M 1999 70 34
t7 Troy Glaus UCLA 1997 67 34
t9 Nate Gold Gonzaga 2002 56 33
t9 Kevin Mench Delaware 1998 52 33
t9 Joe Dillon Texas Tech 1997 57 33
t9 Frank Fazzini Florida State 1985 81 33
t13 Billy Becher New Mexico State 2003 61 32
t13 Lance Shebelut Fresno State 1988 68 32
t13 Mark McGwire Southern California 1984 67 32
t16 John VanBenschoten Kent State 2001 61 31
t16 Casey Child Utah 1997 58 31
t16 J. D. Drew Florida State 1997 67 31
t16 Mike Willis BYU 1987 63 31

Been a while since we've had a real slugger.
New bats...different balls...better pitching....whatcha think?
edited by ASU74 on 5/12/2013
5/12/2013 6:33:52 PM
Topic:

ASU74
ASU74
February:
How many conference victories do you think it will take to win the Pac crown this year?
http://www.perfectgame.org/Forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=9053

We were not even close.
5/13/2013 8:30:29 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:
F, thanks for helping to organize us. Some really good suggestions. ..

Mark with an X with your choice:
I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager

Beavers:
I accept BB's wager
I decline BB's wager

BB
Actually, I'm pulling for both teams to be National Seeds. I think you will both make the Pac and the State of Oregon proud. The wager will settle the Beaver/Duck Fued for.......well at least 2 weeks till we see who goes deepest into the CWS.

Rowdy: Do you accept? I understand that neither of us are close to AZ. The wager may be satisfied at a future date when the looset next visits AZ.
edited by ASU74 on 5/13/2013
5/13/2013 1:20:25 PM
Topic:

ASU74
ASU74
BeaverBob wrote:
DM, I just got it. A bit slow tonight. With both my wife and daughter studying for finals, I have way too much time on my hands. I should have known you were referrring to Hilary Duff Clinton. I thought you might enjoy the link below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hillary+what+difference+does+it+make&rlz=1G1TSNA_ENZZ536&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=u0uPUfC5BsjmiwLo1IGQCg&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1957&bih=894

quote=Dodger Matt]You guys are cracking me up, tonight. Big Grin No, I was just quoting your favorite politician.

A movie that will assist you in sleeping...or more likely give you nightmares.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/13/hillary-clinton-movie-rodham_n_3265701.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl10%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D312188
5/13/2013 4:12:19 PM
Topic:
Pac 12 Player/Pitcher of Week 13

ASU74
ASU74
Updated May 13, 2013
By the Pac-12 Conference

WALNUT CREEK, Calif. — USC redshirt senior outfielder Greg Zebrack has been named Pac-12 Player of the Week and Oregon freshman left-handed pitcher Cole Irvin has been tabbed Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week for May 6-12, the Conference office announced Monday.

Zebrack batted .778 (7-for-9) with a double and three RBI while drawing four walks as USC took two of three games from Washington State at Dedeaux Field. The Northridge, Calif. native registered a hit in all three games of the series and turned in pair of multiple-hit performances on Saturday and Sunday. In those games, both USC wins, he went 6-for-8 with two RBI and one run scored. Zebrack was perfect at the plate in the Trojans’ 5-1 victory on Saturday, picking up four hits in four at-bats. On Sunday, he went 2-for-4 with a pair of RBI, and, in a 7-6 loss on Friday, he drew three walks and delivered an RBI double in four plate appearances. Zebrack, who slugged .849 and only struck out once in the set, improved his season batting average to .347. He leads USC in runs (32), slugging percentage (.491) and on-base percentage (.436). The Trojans have won two of their last three series against Conference opponents.

This is Zebrack’s first career Pac-12 Player of the Week honor and USC’s 55th all-time selection.
Irvin tossed his second complete-game shutout of the season, scattering six hits and striking out seven batters in a 4-0 victory over Ohio State. The Yorba Linda, Calif. native issued one walk and allowed just one extra-base hit in the second game of a double-header in Columbus. It was the third complete game of the season for the talented freshman, whose 2.62 ERA ranks second on the team and 11th in the Conference. Irvin has pitched a team-high 92.0 innings with 47 strikeouts and 19 walks this season.

This is Irvin’s second Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week nod of the season. Duck pitchers have won the award seven times overall.

Also Nominated (Player): Nate Causey, ASU; Mitchell Tolman, ORE; Dylan Davis, OSU; Cody Regis, UCLA.

Also Nominated (Pitcher): Ben Wetzler, OSU; Nick Vander Tuig, UCLA; Nigel Nootbaar, USC; Luke West, UTAH; Trevor Dunlap, WASH.

2013 Pac-12 Players of the Week: Feb. 19 – Ryon Healy, Jr., 1B, ORE; Feb. 26 – Trever Allen, RS So., OF, ASU; March 5 – Michael Conforto, So., OF, OSU; March 12 – Tyler Smith, Sr., SS, OSU; March 19 – Michael Conforto, So., OF, OSU; March 26 – Dallas Carroll, Fr., 3B, UTAH; April 1 – Trent Gilbert, So., 2B, ARIZ; April 8 – RJ Ybarra, Fr., DH, ASU; April 15 – Scott Heineman; So., OF, ORE; April 22 – Brian Ragira, Jr., 1B, STAN; April 29 – Ryon Healy, Jr., 1B, ORE.; May 6 – Mitchell Tolman, Fr., 3B, ORE; May 13 – Greg Zebrack, RS Sr., OF, USC.

2013 Pac-12 Pitchers of the Week: Feb. 19 – James Farris, Jr., RHP, ARIZ; Feb. 26 – Matt Boyd, Sr., LHP, OSU; March 5 – Mark Appel, Sr., RHP, STAN; March 12 – Trevor Williams, Jr., RHP, ASU; March 19 – Matt Boyd, Jr., RHP, OSU; March 26 – Ryan Kellogg, Fr., LHP, ASU; April 1 – Cole Irvin, Fr., LHP, ORE; April 8 – Scott Simon, RS So., RHP, WSU; April 15 – Sean Silva; So., OF, USC; April 22 – David Berg, So., RHP, UCLA; April 29 – Nick Vander Tuig, Jr., RHP, UCLA; May 6 – Mark Appel, Sr., RHP, STAN; May 13 – Cole Irvin, Fr., LHP, ORE.
5/14/2013 6:56:36 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

ASU74
ASU74
FB
Ya made a Devil smile this morning.
F
5/14/2013 7:23:56 AM
Topic:
The Duel in the Desert

ASU74
ASU74
Territorial Cup:
The 2012-13 Territorial Cup hangs in the balance as the two teams split the two non-conference games in Tucson and the winner of the series will win the 2012-13 Territorial Cup. The two teams face each other five times this season and split the two non-conference tilts in Tucson before the three-game Pac-12 series at Packard Stadium this weekend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Farm_Territorial_Cup_Series

the history...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_Cup
5/15/2013 7:08:33 AM
Topic:
Week 13 in Pac 12 Baseball -Pac Wars Week

ASU74
ASU74
Two weeks remain in the regular season, and the race for the Pac-12 title has reached a boiling point. Rivalry week is upon us, and annual bragging rights are on the line for 10 of the league’s 11 teams. Oregon State and Oregon meet in Eugene this week for a three-game set that has potential Conference championship implications, as the league’s top two teams sit one game apart in the standings. UCLA, which posted its first sweep of Arizona since 2000 last week, sits three games back and is still squarely in contention for the title. Four teams enter the week ranked in the USA Today/ESPN Coaches Poll. Oregon State sits at No. 4, followed by Oregon at No. 6, UCLA at No. 10 and Arizona State at No. 15. Pac-12 teams have compiled a 159-89-1 record (.641) against non-conference competition this season. Six teams play midweek games this week, including Washington State, which fell, 7-6, at UC Santa Barbara on Monday. This week’s non-conference slate is highlighted by Tuesday’s clash between UCLA and No. 5 Cal State Fullerton. Washington kicks of Tuesday’s action at 3 p.m. PT against Portland. League play resumes Friday as UCLA renews its crosstown rivalry with USC, and Arizona State and Arizona square off in Tempe. Washington and Washington State meet in Pasco, Wash., for a neutral site series, while Oregon State travels to Eugene to take on the Ducks in a battle for Pac-12 supremacy. Utah, which doesn’t play a Conference opponent this week, hosts Kansas for a weekend set. Games two and three of the Oregon State/Oregon series will be televised live on the Pac-12 Networks.

UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Tuesday, May 14
Washington at Portland…..3 p.m. PT
BYU at Utah…..6 p.m. MT
Santa Clara at Stanford…..Live Stream…..5:30 p.m. PT
No. 10 UCLA at No. 5 Cal State Fullerton…..6 p.m. PT
Gonzaga at No. 6 Oregon…..Live Stream…..6 p.m. PT

Wednesday, May 15
Texas Tech at No. 15 Arizona State…..6:30 p.m. PT
Gonzaga at No. 6 Oregon…..Live Stream…..6 p.m. PT

Friday, May 17
Washington at Washington State…..6 p.m. PT
Pasco, Wash.
No. 10 UCLA at USC*…..Live Stream…..7 p.m. PT
Arizona at No. 15 Arizona State*…..6:30 p.m. PT
Stanford at California*…..7 p.m. PT
No. 4 Oregon State at No. 6 Oregon*…..Live Stream…..6 p.m. PT

Saturday, May 18
Kansas at Utah…..12 p.m. MT
No. 10 UCLA at USC*…..Live Stream…..2 p.m. PT
Washington at Washington State*…..2 p.m. PT
Pasco, Wash.
Arizona at No. 15 Arizona State*…..6:30 p.m. PT
Stanford at California*…..6 p.m. PT
No. 4 Oregon State at No. 6 Oregon*…..P12N…..2 p.m. PT

Sunday, May 19
Arizona at No. 15 Arizona State*…..12 p.m. PT
No. 4 Oregon State at No. 6 Oregon*…..P12N…..12 p.m. PT
Washington at Washington State*…..1 p.m. PT
Pasco, Wash.
No. 10 UCLA at USC*…..Live Stream…..1 p.m. PT
Stanford at California*…..1 p.m. PT
Kansas at Utah…..6 p.m. MT

Monday, May 20
Kansas at Utah…..12 p.m. MT
Washington State at Portland…..12 p.m. PT

Games are local to site and subject to change.
Rankings are from USA Today/ESPN Coaches Poll
*Pac-12 Conference Game

PAC-12 BASEBALL NOTES

Arizona (29-20)
Arizona enters the week with six losses in its last seven games. The last time the Wildcats suffered six losses in seven games or fewer, they rebounded to win nine of their next 10 games. They hit the road again this week for a Territorial Cup series against Arizona State. The teams have split two previous meetings this season, both high scoring affairs in Tucson. Arizona, which leads the league with 6.51 runs scored per game, has scored five runs or more 16 times in its last 24 games, including both tilts against the Sun Devils. Brandon Dixon, whose 30 stolen bases rank 11th in the NCAA, is only the fourth player in school history with 30 stolen bases, 40 runs scored and 40 RBI in the same season.

Arizona State (32-15-1)
Arizona State, which took two of three games from California in Berkeley over the weekend, has won six of its last seven three-game series. ASU clinched last week’s series against Cal with some late-inning heroics from sophomore designated hitter Nate Causey, who broke a 6-6 tie with a two-out grand slam in the top of the ninth inning. He became the fifth different Sun Devil to secure a game-winning hit in the ninth inning or later this season. Arizona State has posted 51 consecutive 30-win seasons, the most in the NCAA, and has won at least 30 games in 52 of the program’s 54-year history.

California (22-28)
California, which has been tough to beat at Evans Diamond this season, closes out its regular season with four home games this week. The Golden Bears are averaging more than five runs per game in home tilts, and five of their seven Conference home losses have been by just one run. Cal upended Arizona State in their series opener in Berkeley last week before dropping close decisions in games two and three. The Bears have thwarted 25 stolen-base attempts this season, a figure that ranks second in the Pac-12, while junior catcher Andrew Knapp has gunned down 20 would-be base stealers to lead the league.

Oregon (40-11)
Oregon has won six straight games and 13 of its last 14 overall. The Ducks put on a defensive clinic in a road sweep of Big Ten foe Ohio State last weekend, allowing just two runs in the three-game set. Freshman left-hander Cole Irvin was named the Pac-12 Player of the Week after tossing a complete-game shutout—his second of the season—in a 4-0 victory over the Buckeyes. He allowed six hits and struck out seven batters en route to earning his 10th win of the season. All-American closer Jimmie Sherfy ranks second in the NCAA with 18 saves. He needs just one more to match his own school record, which he established in 2012.

Oregon State (41-8)
Oregon State, which swept Stanford in a three-game set last week, is riding a Conference-best 12-game winning streak. The Beavers travel to Eugene this week in hopes of spoiling Oregon’s Pac-12 title hopes for a second consecutive season, as the rivals square off in a weekend series that carries Conference championship implications. OSU took game one of the season series in a non-conference contest in Corvallis on April 9. Sophomore outfielder Dylan Davis leads the Pac-12 with 19 doubles and ranks fourth in the league with 42 RBIs. He had a monster weekend against the Cardinal, batting .462 (6-for-13) with eight RBI, two doubles, a triple and a walk. OSU leads the Pac-12 in ERA (2.06, ranks second in the NCAA) and opposing batting average (.209) and has turned a league-leading 51 double plays.

Stanford (26-20)
Stanford has posted series victories over five of its last seven Conference opponents, but after being swept by Oregon State over the weekend, the Cardinal has lost five games in succession for the first time since 2010. Each of its eight remaining regular season games will be played in the Bay Area, as it hosts San Francisco on Tuesday before traveling to Berkeley for a weekend set with California. It closes out its schedule a week later with a three-game home series against UCLA. Senior right-hander Mark Appel, the league leader in strikeouts (110), ranks fifth in the Pac-12 with a 1.97 ERA and boasts a .201 opposing batting average. Cardinal pitchers have struck out 7.7 batters per nine innings, a figure that leads the Conference.

UCLA (34-14)
UCLA won three of four games last week, including its first sweep of Arizona since 2000, and has won nine of its last 11 overall. Defense has been critical for the Bruins, who are 25-0 this season when holding opponents to three runs or fewer. They are 12-1 in one-run games this season and are 30-4 when they score three runs or more in a game. UCLA owns the league’s third-lowest team ERA (2.71, ranks 14th in the NCAA) and has issued a Conference-low 2.63 walks per nine innings. The Bruins also lead the league and rank fourth in the nation with a .982 fielding percentage. Sophomore reliever David Berg, who has pitched 30.0 straight innings without allowing a run, owns a Pac-12-best 0.64 ERA. UCLA, which did not see a game extend past regulation in 2012, has played in six extra-innings games in 2013.

USC (19-30)
USC, which has won two of its last three series against Conference opponents, took two of three games from Washington State at Dedeaux Field over the weekend. Redshirt senior outfielder Greg Zebrack earned a Pac-12 Player of the Week nod after batting .778 (7-for-9) with a double and three RBI while drawing four walks in the series. In wins, the Trojans have managed a 2.13 cumulative ERA; in losses, they’ve posted a 6.43 team ERA. The Trojans own a .976 team fielding percentage and have managed 85 doubles on the year; both figures rank third in the league. USC, led by sophomore backstop Garrett Stubbs (18), has caught a league-high 27 runners stealing.

Utah (17-28)
Utah, which opens the week with a rivalry tilt against BYU in Salt Lake City, is coming off a 1-2 weekend at Washington. This is the rubber match for Utah and BYU, which play three times this season. They have split their two previous meetings with the home team claiming each decision. The Utes rank third in the Conference and 35th in the NCAA in triples per game (0.36) and are tied for second in the Pac-12 with 66 stolen bases. Defensively, Utah is tied for third in the league with 23 runners caught stealing. Junior catcher Konner Armijo has picked off four runners (second in the Pac-12) and has caught an additional 14 would-be base stealers (fourth in the Pac-12). The Utes have 17 wins on the season, three more than their total from last season.

Washington (19-30)
Washington, which, in the last month has claimed series victories over three Conference opponents, took two of three games from Utah at Husky Ball Park over the weekend. The Huskies are 10-5 in their last 15 games, and two of their losses have come in extra innings. Moreover, they have allowed two runs or fewer in eight of those wins. Junior right-hander Austin Voth ranks second in the league and 23rd in the country with 90 strikeouts, while Trevor Dunlap’s 2.33 ERA ranks eighth in the Conference. Washington owns the league’s fourth-highest fielding percentage (.976).

Washington State (21-26)
Washington State took the opener from USC, 7-1, in Los Angeles over the weekend but managed just one total run in losses in games two and three. Brett Jacobs ranks second in the league with a .343 batting average. Yale Rosen’s seven home runs are tied for fifth-most in the Pac-12, while Jason Monda’s 35 RBI are tied for tenth. Sophomore left-hander Joe Pistorese has picked off a Conference-leading six base runners this season and has pitched 86.1 innings, a total that ranks eighth in the league. WSU has lost just three times this season when it has allowed fewer than four runs and has conceded three runs or fewer in 12 of 21 wins.
5/15/2013 7:20:50 AM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 14 (RIVALRY WEEK)

ASU74
ASU74
Ore 2-1
ASU 2-1
UCLA 2-1
Stan 2-1
UW 2-1
XKan 2-1
FB
I like your style.
F
5/15/2013 9:06:14 PM
Topic:
The Duel in the Desert

ASU74
ASU74
Rowdy wrote:
ASU74 - Good luck my friend! I think the Devils have the advantage here but the CATS are playing for their post season lives. 3-0 or 2-1 will bring up our RPI and a sweep the following week of SC may keep our hopes alive of making the postseason.

Some rivalry fun (BEAR DOWN)

QUESTION: How do you get an ASU graduate off the front porch?

ANSWER: Pay him for the pizza!

I read this in todays paper (lovely)

Drunk ASU Student Aidan Mohr Left At Hospital With Post-It Note A 19-year-old Arizona State University student named Aidan Mohr was left in the lobby of an emergency room by his fraternity brothers Saturday with a post-it note attached to him explaining his drunken condition and asking for help.
Read more at http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/15555/20130515/asu-student-aidan-mohr-abandoned-at-hospital-bing-drinking-sigma-alpha-epsilon.htm#fwUimYcIJGHgqqCe.99

BBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAADDDD

To pay for school I tended bar at Professor Pudgies Rock Emporium & Dinosaur Shoppe "Pudgies" : (the old Casa Loma)....not only earned my way thru school, but great for a healthy sex life....a bartender benefit. Bob Brunig (MLB Dallas Cowboys) was one of out bouncers.

Power Drinking was (thankfully) not in vogue back then.

Rowdy:
I tossed the glove on the ground for you on another thread:

BeaverBob wrote:

RD and Beaver Nation, I'd like to propose that we have a wager for the upcoming Civil War. If you and others from Beaver Nation think it worthy, the first order of business is to determine the wager parameters and the bet. For example, there are 4 games coming up between the two teams. The most obvious bet is the team that wins the most games is the winner. If the teams tie at 2-2, then we can look at run differential.

Now, regarding the bet. One suggestion is that the loser has to wear clothing with a prominent logo from the winner's team for a full day and have a picture taken and posted to the PG forum. Another option is to have the loser write an essay on why the winner is a superior team and college.

We can also get the non-Beaver State fans involved (If you aren’t aware, the Beaver is the State of Oregon Animal). Perhaps, they can pick a side and be honorary Beavers or Ducks and they will need to suffer the same punishment described above.

What say you? What other suggestions come to mind?

BB
I got no dog in this fight, but I would just go with series win of conference games for simplicity sake or best of 5 if ya want to concede a game.
FYI
I lost the bet you proposed & had to wear a Razorback hat & shirt at the Tempe Regional a few years ago w/ photo sent to winner of said wager. BUT, this year I'm up 1 6 pac of St. Pauli Girl!!

Don't forget the Pac is at war next weekend....except for Utah.....I'll extend the same wager to Rowdy...best of 3 next weekend. Watcha say Rowdy?

FYI:
How many AZ Wildcat jokes are there....................................................................................................................

All the rest are true stories.
lol hit
edited by ASU74 on 5/15/2013
5/15/2013 9:15:44 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 14 (RIVALRY WEEK)

ASU74
ASU74
borgguy wrote:
one question though, why did they move the rivaly games up a week?

I don't ever remember have all the rivalries the same weekend, but i like it....next year they will have to get Utah & BYU in the lineup.....I like it better than the last weekend of the season....whatcha think?Educated
5/15/2013 9:21:04 PM
Topic:
Red Raiders at Sun Devils

ASU74
ASU74
Devils are sucking wind early...5-1 (thx to Causy putting one out to Rural Road)

Quote from announcers:
"You don't get fired for loosing to the Red Raiders, but loosing to the Wildcats could be a different story"

IMO...poor excuse.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52