ASU74
ASU74
SouthernBeaver wrote:
UCLA 2-1
Stan 2-1
Cal 2-1
Ore 3-0
OSU 2-1

I wish UCLA/ASU was a 4-game set so I could vote for a split.

SB
Ya flippin' a coin for the Utah at Ariz series?
edited by ASU74 on 3/27/2013
3/27/2013 3:30:52 PM
Topic:
Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 7

ASU74
ASU74
This all looks sooooooo easy this time of week........every series is a lock, your picks are PERFECT ...........till the results are in from the last game of the weekend and you realize you can't pick a bugger out of your own nose if you tried. Sick (best anology I could think of, but ya'll know what I mean.)

UCLA 2-1
WSU 2-1
Cal 3-0
Ariz 2-1
Ore 3-0
OSU 3-0
3/27/2013 4:30:51 PM
Topic:
Vanderbilt Triple Steal I & II

ASU74
ASU74
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEp9NdjEKAc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=78QLIer4ND8
edited by ASU74 on 3/27/2013
3/27/2013 4:38:21 PM
Topic:
Pac Wars

ASU74
ASU74
RockDuck...Good for you....Either way...your still RD....
I'll take Cal....
3/27/2013 4:49:15 PM
Topic:

ASU74
ASU74
Holy Beaks Batman...has RD flipped his feathers and gone totally schitzoid on us. Three personalities so far RiverDuck, RockDuck, and now UOsportsguy. Beavs, I think ya had better give RD a break for a while.Logic
3/27/2013 5:03:26 PM
Topic:
Cal see's the light tomorrow!

ASU74
ASU74
A historic day for the Cal baseball program is coming Thursday, March 28 as the Golden Bears will be playing their first-ever game under the lights at Evans Diamond, beginning at 7 p.m. in a Pac-12 home opener versus USC. Cal will then host the Trojans at 6 p.m. on Friday, March 29, and at 12 p.m. Saturday, March 30 on a game shown on the Pac-12 Networks.

Fans can call 1-800-Go-Bears (1-800-462-3277) or go directly to the Cal baseball ticket link Click Here to purchase tickets. The Bears (14-10 overall, 4-2 in Pac-12 play, visit San Francisco March 26 at 2:30 p.m. at Benedetti Diamond) are undefeated at home this season, sporting a 7-0 record at Evans Diamond, including sweeping series over Michigan and Fresno State.

"These facility improvements mean so much to our baseball family and community," said Cal baseball coach David Esquer, who led the Bears to the College World Series and was named the National Coach of the Year in 2011. "We look forward to night baseball at Evans Diamond giving more families a chance to experience Cal baseball. The persistence and will of our foundation, led by Stu Gordon, have made this possible, along with the cooperation of the campus and athletic department. We couldn't be more thankful."

Eight 90-foot light poles have been erected around Evans Diamond that will support nighttime television broadcasts, team practice and training. Additional lighting will be added to assist with fan access and safety around the stadium.

A modern electronic scoreboard, measuring 38 feet wide by 31 feet high, will also be installed in left-center field in the coming weeks, replacing the outdated structure that currently resides in right field. The new scoreboard will offer scoring, game information, as well as fixed advertising and a full color video board measuring 24 feet wide by 14 feet high.

"This is a dream come true and is almost unbelievable after well over 100 years that at long last we will be getting lights and a new video scoreboard at Evans Diamond," said Gordon, chairman of the Cal Baseball Foundation and a former pitcher for the Bears (1961-62). "We have tried hard for years to make this dream a reality and now it is about to happen so that our first Pac-12 game this year against USC will be played under the lights. I can't tell you how excited I am on the prospect of having this finally become a reality. Thanks to everyone involved for helping to make this happen."

One of the eight light towers shining on Evans Diamond in preparation for the first-ever night game at Evans Diamond on Thursday at 7 p.m.
3/27/2013 5:20:52 PM
Topic:
Pac Wars

ASU74
ASU74
hogfan4life wrote:
Ill adopt a team. I need to do some research though but ill probably take Vanderbilt.

Hogfan:
Check out the post Vanderbilt Triple Steal I & II
3/28/2013 7:35:23 AM
Topic:
Vanderbilt Triple Steal I & II

ASU74
ASU74
hogfan4life wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y229ynBDK64

Don't know if anyone cares but I did find that video. Pretty cool, still gives me chills.

Luv it. That is D1 baseball at its best!
3/28/2013 9:08:57 AM
Topic:
Baseball Vids & links

ASU74
ASU74
[font=arial]This thread is for cool baseball vids or links to vids....add em as ya find um.

A knuckleball in slow motion
[/font]
[font=arial]:

[font=arial][/font]
[/font]
3/28/2013 12:02:25 PM
Topic:
SEC Games

ASU74
ASU74
Hedgeoba88:
Check your PG personal mail.
3/28/2013 12:16:56 PM
Topic:
Baseball Vids & links

ASU74
ASU74
B9, 2 out, 3-2 count Ark vs ASU SR June 13, 2010 Razorback Brett Eibner at bat........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjNf7g9HAH0

What little boys dream of!

ASU won the series 2-0, both games went 11 innings....trust me it was EXHAUSTING being in the stands for that series.
3/28/2013 3:29:07 PM
Topic:
Utes

ASU74
ASU74
Rockduck wrote:
Shoot.. newbie on their site.. If you go to the link, go to the media section.. Tommy Lasorda is on the video page.

Cool. Uts: "Playing for the name on the front of their shirts." LT... They are making us look up & take a good look after the Stanford series.
3/28/2013 3:54:55 PM
Topic:

ASU74
ASU74
JCR wrote:
Dodger Matt,
I will be a bona fide fan for at least the next 5 years, son will be playing ball starting next year. Copy on the pick order, it will correct form here on out.

For the Utes?
3/28/2013 4:08:03 PM
Topic:
This Week on Pac 12 Networks

ASU74
ASU74
By David Lombardi, special to Pac-12.com
on March 28, 2013

The first two volatile weekends of Pac-12 play have certainly not lacked surprises: Arizona State Canadian freshman left-hander Ryan Kellogg threw a road no-hitter against sizzling Oregon State, while defending national champion Arizona continued its initial stagger to an 0-6 record out of the gate. Washington State leads a cluster of emerging ballclubs looking to legitimately enter the pennant race this weekend. Three parts of the horse race will be featured on the Pac-12 Networks.

USC at Cal
Trojan football’s bi-annual visits to Berkeley draws plenty of fan interest, but USC’s struggling baseball team won’t create much attention on its own this weekend. Newly installed lights at Cal’s Evans Diamond, however, will spark plenty of literal and figurative buzz.

By now, almost all college baseball fans know the heartwarming story: Cal baseball was on the verge of extinction just two years ago, scheduled to be an unfortunate victim of the state’s budget cuts. Then a group of alumni and other supporters — some of whom included Stanford fans looking to keep their archrival alive — raised $10 million to save Golden Bears baseball. To cap off the extraordinary season, David Esquer’s team miraculously qualified for the 2011 College World Series.

Now, Cal is operating on a healthy profit that has enabled them to install lights at 80 year-old Evans Diamond. The first night game at the fabled ballpark is tonight against USC, a team coached by Dan Hubbs — the former Bears’ pitching coach who was in the middle of the Bears’ 2001 resurrection.

Game three of the series will be aired on Sunday on the Pac-12 Networks. First pitch is at noon, so the new lights unfortunately won’t be necessary for that one.

Washington at Oregon
This Pacific Northwest battle features a pair of teams coming off critical early-season series victories. Washington pummeled USC at home, while the Ducks swept away defending national champion Arizona at home to improve to 5-1 on the early conference season. Shockingly, the Wildcats are 0-6, but the Ducks are right back where they spent almost all of the 2012 season: the top of the Pac-12 standings.

An anemic offense characterized Washington entering their home series versus USC, but the Dawgs’ offense awakened to the tune of 16 runs in three games versus the Trojans — a welcome sight for a team slugging an anemic .300 coming in. Still, neither the Huskies (.251) nor the Ducks (.247) are hitting particularly well, so this has the potential be a pitchers’ war in Eugene. Sunday’s 7 p.m. series finale will air on the Pac-12 Networks.

[Related: Pac-12 Networks TV listings]

Cal at Stanford
The Cardinal left Sunken Diamond as 5-0 victors the first time these two rivals met back on February 20. Now, they’ll soak in a televised 7 p.m. Monday night rematch on the Pac-12 Networks. Cal looks to generate momentum in the debut of its stadium lights against USC before carrying it across the San Francisco Bay, while Stanford is working to right the ship in the Palouse before coming home to renew the storied rivalry. The once-mighty Cardinal offense, which has lost six starters from last year’s juggernaut due to either the MLB Draft or injury, has only scored a league-worst 69 runs.

The Bears will certainly be looking to pounce if Stanford is still scuffling come Monday. Don’t forget that Cal coach David Esquer was the starting shortstop on coach Mark Marquess’ 1987 College World Series championship Stanford team. That fact always adds extra historical intrigue to this match-up.
3/28/2013 5:49:55 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs San Diego

ASU74
ASU74
Riverduck wrote:
Yeah, kicking the utah badge to the curb. I was just trying to get some more variety to this board. looks like we have a ute now representing. That is all that I wanted.

RD, ya can't do that to a newbie! At least let JCR get his feet wet. Remember what is was like to be the Lone Duck? We'll let ya swing bothways. ( No pun intended considering where you hail from; or so the Beavers say.)
3/28/2013 5:53:10 PM
Topic:
Bad News for the Hogs

ASU74
ASU74
Prognosis not positive for Lynch
By: Matt Jones

Photo by Michael Woods
Arkansas pitcher Cade Lynch throws a pitch during a Feb. 19, 2013 game against New Orleans at Baum Stadium in Fayetteville.
FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas has the nation's top team earned run average heading into the seventh weekend of the season despite missing one of its most trusted relievers for the majority of the campaign.

Cade Lynch, a senior left-hander, hasn't pitched since March 2 and Razorbacks coach Dave Van Horn said the prognosis isn't good for him to return any time soon as he continues to struggle with the effects of migraine headaches.
"I think he's kind of to the point where he doesn't know if he is going to get to pitch," Van Horn said. "It's not 100 percent, but he isn't allowed to do anything right now.

"I think just the moving around and bouncing around, and the pitching and wear and tear made the situation with the headaches (worse) and he's been informed by the doctors to shut it down for a while, and it may be for good, and that's kind of what it's looking like."

Lynch has had four major operations to relieve his headaches, which he said in the past were caused by crushed plates in the back of his neck. He and his coaches were hopeful the latest operation, performed in January, would relieve the headaches for good.

"I feel bad for him, but he is still with us and he will be throughout the year as far as on the roster," Van Horn said. "But as far as playing time, I don't know if he will get to pitch again."

Lynch was one of Arkansas' best in relief in 2012, recording a 2.11 earned run average in 21 appearances. He wasn't able to pitch during the Razorbacks' postseason run to the College World Series, though, because of the headaches.
In an interview two years ago, Lynch said the migraines went back as far as high school. The Jonesboro native was one of the best pitchers in state history, going 38-1 as a starter and leading Valley View to consecutive state championships as a junior and senior.
3/28/2013 5:58:06 PM
Topic:
College Weekend Preview 3/28

ASU74
ASU74
OpihiMan wrote:
Nice write-up, agree on most points...though, I think ASU may surprise a few and take that series

OpihMan
I hope so, but the Devils are young & erratic. E's are killing us.
3/28/2013 6:24:06 PM
Topic:
Oregon State vs San Diego

ASU74
ASU74
OpihiMan wrote:
ASU74 wrote:

RD, ya can't do that to a newbie! At least let JCR get his feet wet. Remember what is was like to be the Lone Duck? We'll let ya swing bothways. ( No pun intended considering where you hail from; or so the Beavers say.)

Careful ASU74...with a comment like that you may get to join the Beaver club...against your will...

Sometimes..........................................ya just gotta feed the Ducks.Bite your head off
3/28/2013 7:33:44 PM
Topic:
UCLA at ASU

ASU74
ASU74
ASU draws 1st blood 1-0 b1st
edited by ASU74 on 3/28/2013
3/28/2013 8:11:09 PM
Topic:
Ducks vs Huskies

ASU74
ASU74
RD
Whats the deal, your behind vs the Huskies......and beating the Wildcats?
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51