Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Hedegoba88 - all messages by user

4/27/2013 9:23:38 AM
Topic:
RPI - Someone teach me something

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Here is a scary thought as well. On Boyds website he doesn't have his RPI needs report up. He says he found an error in his calculations and will work to fix it. Now if he isn't too sure about these types of things, how the hell are we supposed to figure it out?
4/29/2013 8:30:23 AM
Topic:
SEC Rankings/Projections/Scoreboard 4/25-4/28

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I'll have to disagree there. I can't stand the artificial surface on a baseball diamond. Alex Box Stadium has a great field drainage system and I'm sure many of the other ballparks do as well. I was surprised LSU got the game in yesterday, there was just way too much rain yesterday. I don't know about other places in the region, but here in the New Orleans metro area it rained hard from noon until 9pm yesterday.
4/29/2013 8:41:57 AM
Topic:
SEC Rankings/Projections/Scoreboard 4/25-4/28

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
LSU_Blake wrote:
We have Florida at home. I see both LSU and Arkansas winning their series next weekend so I see it staying par. LSU has just been so unlucky these last two games. Both teams played really well this weekend but SC just got the lucky bounce. Watching a good Oregon vs Stanford game on the U now.

I don't think SC got the lucky bounce this weekend. They came in and played solid baseball all 3 games. LSU left 26 runners on base for the weekend and committed 3 errors, and all 3 were very costly. The 2 errors saturday gave Carolina 3 unearned runs which proved to be the difference.

LSU just can't get the hit they need when runners are on base. And right now they aren't doing the little things right at the plate. Too many times they fail to score a runner from 3rd with less than 2 outs, and several times with a leadoff double the runner would never get moved from 2nd base. They are really struggling with situational hitting and manufacturing runs.
5/1/2013 1:08:47 PM
Topic:
SEC Predictions/Rankings/Scoreboard Week 12

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Vandy 2-1, Vandy is way too consistent and SC has been up and down all year.

LSU 2-1, I'm still worried about the Tigers but I like the pitching matchups this weekend. If the bats get going Thursday I think a series win is likely.

Miss St. 2-1, State will win at home but I think this series will be a very good one. Bama needs to stay secure as an at-large team and will give everything they got.

Kentucky 2-1, I think the Cats keep playing well and upset Arkansas. The UK lefties will keep the not so great Arkansas hitters down. Homer pick b/c I want Arkansas to lose so LSU will be more secure in winning the West.

UGA 2-1

Ole Miss 2-1

A&M 2-1.
5/2/2013 7:52:10 AM
Topic:
College Baseball vs College Football

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I would say that I am one of the very few that looks forward to the LSU Baseball season more than football. I follow all LSU sports and try to be informed on how all the teams are doing but Baseball is the top for me. I'm sure it has something to do with growing up during the incredible run in the 90's. I'm with you Blake, there is nothing better than starting the weekend right and catching the game, and then spending a saturday afternoon listening to the game on the radio and getting things done around the house. I actually enjoy listening to the game on the radio more than watching it on tv, I don't know why.

Some of my favorite sports memories from my time at LSU was going to the games in '05, '06, '07 in our down years and watching the team struggle then seeing the resurgence in '08. Baseball and spring, the best time of the year.
5/2/2013 1:47:36 PM
Topic:
College Baseball vs College Football

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Yea, I usually do the same thing with my computer and tv.

Well, I'm getting married this weekend so I'll be out of commission for the next 2 weekends and next week. Luckily with the game times this weekend I should be able to catch most of this series, unless the rain screws up tonight. I hope to see 2 SEC series wins when I get back, maybe even a sweep or 2. With a little luck Vandy drops some games and we have a shot at the SEC title going into the last weekend.
5/3/2013 8:07:14 AM
Topic:
SEC Predictions/Rankings/Scoreboard Week 12

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Great game and good win for the Tigers. Another error and unearned run almost cost the Tigers again tonight.
5/14/2013 11:46:26 AM
Topic:
Civil War Wager!

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Coming in a little late here, but should OSU win, Duck fans would have to display their beaver on here for all to see?

I am not opposed but I thought this was a family website? Would Kendall allow posting of such images to his site?

P.S. My prediction is the beavers win the series this weekend.
5/21/2013 8:20:46 AM
Topic:
2013 SEC TOURNAMENT

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Tourny starts today!!! Predictions on who wins??

I have a strong feeling Miss State, Arkansas, or SC make a good run at it trying to lock up a host spot. LSU and Vandy right there as well but not really playing for anything.
5/23/2013 4:36:56 PM
Topic:
2013 SEC TOURNAMENT

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I'm glad this Vandy SC game is going long. Gives me time to get home from work and catch the whole LSU game. Anxious to see how Nola does, I hope the almost 2 week break doesn't affect him.
5/24/2013 8:32:54 AM
Topic:
2013 SEC TOURNAMENT

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Great game, LSU hitters looked like they got a little impatient from the 6th on. Stanek was starting to struggle and his pitch count was up, but Tigers bats started swinging at everything. I thought they were gonna work some counts and get him out the game.

Thank God that was the last time LSU will ever have to face Stanek, unless in Omaha, he is a great pitcher.
5/24/2013 8:38:37 AM
Topic:
2013 SEC TOURNAMENT

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Hopefully Eades can get some nice work in today and shape up for regionals. A win today would be great so Mainieri could get Fury, Bonvillian, and the Hunters some work against Arkansas saturday.
5/25/2013 1:40:21 PM
Topic:
2013 SEC TOURNAMENT

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
RD, LSU has been very cold at the plate all weekend. We have been hot and cold as of late, which has me a little concerned. Hopefully come regionals they will pick it up.

LSU is also without their starting 2nd basemen, Jacoby Jones, who was hitting very well at the end of the season. I think him being out has affected the Tigers. He injured his hand and did not play in the last series of the regular season, could have played this weekend possibly but they decided to sit him since the tourny did not matter postseason wise. He will be back for regionals.

Right now with Jones out, LSU has 3 guys in the lineup who opposing teams do not fear. 3 big holes in the lineup if you ask me.
edited by Hedegoba88 on 5/25/2013
5/25/2013 2:34:22 PM
Topic:
Looking good on tv Kendall !!!!

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
It was nice to hear someone besides Kyle Peterson that new what they were talking about.
5/25/2013 11:44:35 PM
Topic:
2013 SEC TOURNAMENT

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I agree Hogfan, very weird setup for the tourny. Miss State and Arkansas lose once and they are out. Kind of unfair but everyone knew that's how it is going in. I wish they would change back to the old format.

Should be a good one tomorrow. Glad LSU and Vandy finally get to meet, at least once this season. No matter what though I think Vandy should be the #1 overall seed.
5/25/2013 11:52:15 PM
Topic:
How can USC host over Arkansas at this point?

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Arkansas finished 18-11, 3rd in the SEC. Any other year that is a regional host. I can't believe it's even a question if they host or not. RPI should not always be the main factor.
5/27/2013 11:01:50 AM
Topic:
Official 2013 NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
And here we go!!!!
5/27/2013 11:02:58 AM
Topic:
Happy Memorial Day

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Well said, Happy Memorial Day.