Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Hedegoba88 - all messages by user

2/22/2011 6:03:17 PM
Topic:
UNO 0, #23 LSU 13 (Final)

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Just found this website from kendalls old page on rivals. Glad to see there is still some coverage. How many others have found their way over to this site?
2/24/2011 10:41:19 PM
Topic:
Kendall: LSU Pitching

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I think we need to wait until the Fullerton and Florida series before we start even considering 'best staff ever', loooonngg way to go. I'm anxious to see how they play when tested.
3/2/2011 8:28:46 PM
Topic:
Miss Valley State 8, LSU 10 (F)

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Maybe a little bit of a letdown from the Tigers, but good for them to be tested and face some adversity. Matty Ott one save away from the LSU record.
3/19/2011 7:46:09 PM
Topic:
Florida 1, LSU 0 (Final)

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Come on!!! Lets geauxxx Gotta give Gausman support. Bot 8 Heart of the order up.
3/19/2011 8:25:29 PM
Topic:
Florida 1, LSU 0 (Final)

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
What a game, unfortunately the series is already lost. On the bright side, pitching staff is coming together very well. Two losses that will LSU can build on and will benefit in the long run.
3/19/2011 10:29:03 PM
Topic:
What was Saturday's biggest surprise?

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Gausman pitching 8 innings of 1 run ball and LSU still loses. But the pitching staff continues to impress.
3/22/2011 9:44:02 PM
Topic:
UL Lafayette 11, LSU 5 (F)

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Third straight poor outing by Tyler Jones, might be time to look for another midweek starter. Matty Ott pitches very poorly again as well. Manieri must be concerned about that.
5/17/2011 7:59:41 PM
Topic:
Question to Kendall

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Kendall,

You said yesterday in the chat that LSU still has little chance to make a regional. I agree that if LSU doesn't win this weekend series that they should be home for the postseason. While I am an LSU fan I don't consider myself a total homer, but I don't understand why in your opinion they have virtually no shot at regional, while compared to Arkansas, a team competing for a host spot.

I chose Arkansas b/c they are an SEC west team whom compares similarly to LSU and is in the mix for a host spot. In your chat you said LSU(33-19) has a horrid conference record at 11-16, this is true but they are still only 2 games back of four 1st place teams at 13-14 including Arkansas(33-17). LSU's SOS (26)and RPI (22) are both somewhat close to Arkansas's SOS(15) RPI (12). Figures are from Warren Nolan.com.

While LSU has played extremely poor ball midway through the season they are 8-2 in the last 10 games, and should they win this weekend I believe will earn a regional berth. This is no bash on Arkansas or any other team, I am just curious as to what else you think goes into the selection process and why LSU is considered to be a long shot.

Thanks for the response and all the great coverage you provide for college baseball.
5/18/2011 6:44:20 PM
Topic:
Kendall - On LSU

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
CAM427R wrote:
Just read that thread about LSU, missed it earlier.

When you break down the RPI like that, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Damnit.

=)

I still think they'd acquit themselves very nicely in the tournament if given the chance. Could just be the purple and gold in my veins, though.

Damnit I agree too. I haven't seen those number but that doesn't help.

I think your right Cam, just feels like this team can make a run in a regional with McCune and Gausman on the mound. And you never know what can happen as long as the Tigers are wearing the Championship Gold Uni's.
5/20/2011 8:35:58 PM
Topic:
LSU 5, Mississippi State 6 (F)

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Unbelievable loss, Tigers blow a 5-0 lead and completely meltdown from the 4th inning on.
5/22/2011 1:36:19 PM
Topic:
LSU NCAA Tournament chances

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
PS - I called it on Kendall's old blog a few years ago when everyone in baton rouge and Kendall were blowing up Paul Maineri after that National Championship.... I told everyone that PM had a very minimal part in putting that team together (over 80% of top talent and starters was from prior regime) and that his true colors would show in about his 3rd season....

Maineiri won the National Chamionship in his 3rd year.
5/26/2011 6:58:55 PM
Topic:
Kendall -- Your Thoughts on Year 1 with PG

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I really thought more people would have come over from the old Rivals site. I miss the constant score updates and the more lively message boards.
6/2/2011 10:35:43 PM
Topic:
Columbia should have the hottest regional

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Man, a week of no baseball and this is what it comes too? Fighting over where it will be hotter, sheesh.
6/15/2011 9:07:15 PM
Topic:
Interesting article about '96 CWS Walk-off homer

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Pretty interesting article from ESPN about Warren Morris and LSU's College World Series win in 1996. Shows the game from both LSU and Miami's side, with excerpts from the coaches and players.

Thought this would be a good read for anyone interested.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=williams/110615_warren_morris_college_world_series
1/13/2012 12:59:17 PM
Topic:
This place looks lonely

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
DirtbagBlues wrote:
It's so hard to find a good College Baseball forum, I wish this one was more active. Sticking with Rivals for now I guess.

How goes it, Kendall?

Rivals still has a Baseball forum??
1/13/2012 1:04:41 PM
Topic:
Question to you Kendall, LSU this year...

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Baseball season is filling the air!! And after that debacle of a football game it can't come soon enough.

How do you think the Tigers rebound this year from a disappointing 2010? I think the consensus is that pitching won't be a problem but the hitting may be lacking in power.

Any newcomers you think might impress us as well?
3/16/2012 8:59:08 PM
Topic:
(SEC) #13 Mississippi State 2, #19 LSU 3 (F)

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Jacoby Jones with a walk off single with bases loaded to win it. Wooooooooo
edited by Hedegoba88 on 3/16/2012
3/19/2012 10:14:47 AM
Topic:
What was the weekend's biggest surprise?

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
LSU batters striking out 17 times friday night but still wins.

LSU batters strike out 10 times saturday, gets out hit 10 to 4 and still wins.

LSU batters have zero strike outs sunday, collect 10 hits and lose.

Baseball is a funny game sometimes.
3/22/2012 8:16:30 AM
Topic:
Gamecocks

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
I wish LSU would do this as well. ALthough we seem to be getting a little better at scheduling some tougher OOC opponents.
3/23/2012 9:51:10 AM
Topic:
Gamecocks

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
BTExpress wrote:
I agree with OpihiMan...I'd like to see right coast teams travel and play a tougher pre-conference schedule. Take South Carolina and LSU for example. Pre-conference, they never leave their home states. Schedule a left coast team, i.e. Pepperdine, San Diego, San Diego State, Long Beach State, Cal-State Fullerton, etc. or even play a Big 12 or Pac 12 team.

Well, last season LSU played CSF. I believe they will travel to CSF next year to play a series, not definite on that though.
And two seasons ago LSU hosted Pepperdine and Kansas(a BIG 12 team). LSU also hosted Wake Forest-ACC, a program that is on the rise.

Every year there is a few good teams scheduled, maybe not to the degree of others but I think we are getting there and improving.

As far as traveling, I don't think they will ever go out of state too much in out of conference, not when LSU can fill up Alex Box and rake in the money.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9