Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

RJIM - all messages by user

2/21/2011 1:19:28 PM
Topic:
USC Trojans Job/Poll

RJIM
RJIM
How soon before we can start talking about who USC is going to take the USC Job? How about an early poll?
edited by RJIM on 2/21/2011
3/7/2011 9:50:57 AM
Topic:
USC Trojans Job/Poll

RJIM
RJIM
Now that USC as lost 7 in a row i think we can take Frank Cruz out of the running. Pleanty of coachs on the west coast, don't see USC going that far out.
3/7/2011 10:38:49 AM
Topic:
Pac 10 getting slapped around

RJIM
RJIM
UCLA - drops two weekend series in a row, expectations once again to much for the Bruins?
Oregon - drops two to ever-rebuilding Long Beach, maybe a bit over theirs skies in the poles.
Stanford - loses two to Texas
USC - not a favorite but worth noting the drop of 7 in a row, the better make the right decision for the coach over there or it could be a long time before USC gets competitive.
4/1/2011 12:56:55 PM
Topic:
**San Diego State Baseball Program Held Hostage!**

RJIM
RJIM
I will say what no one else will, the SDSU baseball program would be better off if Tony Gwynn went to school somewhere else. Nothing he can ever do or pay for will make up for the 9 years of futility. I thank God he did not play at my alma matter, dooming it to a decade of ZERO advancement. With absolutely nothing, Cal State Bakersfield has started a program a few years and has made a statement nationally and will probably make the playoffs, in nine years Gwynn has squandered one of the best recruiting locations and has to turn over his facility to the Toreros to host regional’s. Brutal. Just try and gloss over what has gone on there. Just imagine what could SDSU could be with a real coach.
4/18/2011 4:10:57 PM
Topic:
Reds' Leake arrested, accused of theft

RJIM
RJIM
I would expect nothing less from someone who played at ASU for the cheater Pat Murphy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Cincinnati-Reds-Mike-Leake-arrested-on-theft-charge-041811?GT1=39002
5/19/2011 11:32:12 AM
Topic:
USC hires Frank Cruz on full-time basis

RJIM
RJIM
Another HUGE MISTAKE by USC, sure he is better than Krueter but they had a chance to make a statement, I guess there statement is "WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE BASEBALL PROGRAM"
5/23/2011 8:23:49 AM
Topic:
Coaches in HotSeat?

RJIM
RJIM
should have done that 5 years ago
8/22/2011 10:35:16 AM
Topic:
CS Northridge hires Eric Newman as assistant

RJIM
RJIM
penthouse to outhouse.
8/22/2011 10:39:32 AM
Topic:
San Diego State Cancels Baseball Program..........

RJIM
RJIM
Not really but they might as well have cancelled the program by extending Gwynn for 3 more years.

What a joke, why do they keep giving this guy more years? He has buried that program, a program that has more potential than an other program in CA for sure, probably the nation. Obviously no one at SD has the stones to tell Tony he needs to find a graceful way out before they have to push him out. With the recruiting area afforded SDSU they should be right up their with TCU in that league and should never miss the postseason. I was sick reading the section in the article that list Gwynn’s accomplishments (or lack of them), I honestly feel bad for the guy who had to write the article and try find anything positive to highlight in the 9 years of TOTAL FAILURE that is Tony Gwynn as a D1 head coach. When Gwynn took that job did he offer up a 15 year plan for success? A good baseball coach could turn that thing around in 3 years, Gwynn had done nothing in 9 years, condolences to all SDSU players, fans, and alumni, SDSU baseball, RIP.
8/31/2011 8:38:11 AM
Topic:
San Diego State cuts big-time prospect (8.30)

RJIM
RJIM
Poor recruiting or more poor judgment by Gwynn. This guy is killing his alma mater
3/21/2012 11:49:26 AM
Topic:
Long Beach State Baseball Throws in the Towel

RJIM
RJIM
After losing some close games LBSU seems to have thrown in the towel as they got pummeled by Pepperdine. What happened to the once respected and proud program? In his second year at the helm of the 49er’s (They no longer deserve the moniker of “Dirtbags”) Troy Buckley has steered the ship directly towards the ice berg, or is it the “offensive coordinator’s” fault? The pitching coach as the head coach is a tricky situation, Serrano and Horton can certainly do both but they each have top notch offensive coordinators, John Savage’s success has always been tied to the quality of his assistants, when he had Gill, Vanderhook, and now Peters (all Titans) he was successful, he had a few guys in between that were no good and it showed in the lack of success. We will see how conference goes but they are not headed in the right direction and if this continues expect a shake up in the coaching staff. Except for a few years under Dave Snow (former Titan) the 49er’s have been the ugly step child of Cal State Fullerton and it only took a blink of the eye for UCI to come in and kick LB St. to the curb. if you can’t beat em….hire one of them, Why do you think everyone hires assistants from the New England Patriots??? They have a proven winning formula. With no track record of developing young coaches (like CSF) there is no one to take the helm and if things continue Buckley will only have a few more years then the job will probably go to a Titan anyway.
3/21/2012 2:17:13 PM
Topic:
Long Beach State Baseball Throws in the Towel

RJIM
RJIM
Yea didnt mean to sell Coach Snow short, obvioulsy one of the best coaches to ever put on a uniform. Not sure that you can call any experance at Cal Poly as "solid credentials" I just think that long beach has struggled with is staff since the days of Snow, Weathers, Yogi, and Chris Gill.
pages: 1