Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Spur-n-Omaha - all messages by user

2/20/2011 8:43:14 AM
Topic:
Surprise Team

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
Who is your surprise team for this year? I feel like College of Charleston has the talent to make a strong run at Omaha. My gut also tells me to look out for Tennessee this year. Just liked the way they played towards the end of the season last yr.
2/20/2011 10:00:04 AM
Topic:
Surprise Team

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
St. John has had an impressive start. I think they play Georgia Tech soon which should be a great series. Im not sold on East Carolina yet, but they will be better than last year for sure.
2/20/2011 7:14:34 PM
Topic:
What was the weekend's biggest surprise?

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
Im going with the Stetson sweep.
2/20/2011 7:18:46 PM
Topic:
Was anyone's week 1 more impressive than UNC's?

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
UNC was very impressive this weekend. Vandy had a nice road trip as well
2/22/2011 9:20:36 PM
Topic:
SEC Week 1 Power Poll

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
East

Vandy
Florida
South Carolina
Tennessee
Kentucky
Georgia

West

LSU
Arkansas
Auburn
Miss St
Alabama
Ole Miss
2/22/2011 9:25:51 PM
Topic:
Go on record...who is your national champ?

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
Vandy or UCLA

Although I would love back to back for the gamecocks
2/23/2011 7:46:22 PM
Topic:
Kendall - TCU vs. Fullerton

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
It will be interested to see how TCU plays. They sure do have a lot of talent. I think TCU takes 2 out of 3
2/23/2011 7:49:11 PM
Topic:
Best starting pitcher in the country?

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
I really like Sonny Gray. But any of those mentioned can be considered excellent starters. Purke really impressed me last year as well. Hope he keeps it up
2/23/2011 7:54:46 PM
Topic:
New to the board

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
I too was a rivals lurker but decided to join the conversation over here. I am a student at USC and rarely do I miss games. What a great series we had last year with you guys. I still believe that Coastal was one of the better teams we faced last year. Quick question. Besides Meo, how does coastal's pitching staff compare to last years. Good luck this upcoming year and maybe we can meet again.
edited by Spur-n-Omaha on 2/23/2011
2/24/2011 6:20:57 PM
Topic:
New to the board

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
Appreciate the rundown Nuke. I knew that yall lost Wheeler so I was curious to who you had going this year. It definately sounds like yall are set up to have another great year. I agree 100% with trying to get a series going between us again. Its time for the two admins to get it together and put the past behind them. The state of baseball in the state of South Carolina is very good right now and I expect it to remain that way for years to come.
2/26/2011 10:30:35 AM
Topic:
What was your biggest surprise Friday?

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
Coastal's performance yesterday
2/26/2011 1:49:43 PM
Topic:
Best starting pitcher in the country?

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
Gray did good work yesterday against Stanford. He may not be mentioned this year with Purke or Cole but his stuff can be unhittable when he is on.
3/1/2011 7:35:27 AM
Topic:
Best Lineup

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
The best from top to bottom is Florida
3/1/2011 8:38:26 AM
Topic:
Is there a bigger rivalry today than SC\Clemson?

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
As much as I hate clemson I do respect their baseball program, although jack leg irritates me more than anyone in the game. This has been a heated series for a long time and I like the new set up with home and home, with the neutral game at Flour field. Last year I was disappointed with the way we played on Sunday but that was when the gamecocks seemed to turn it on last year. Actually my dad attended one game last year, clemson sunday, and he swears the reason we won the cws was because he stayed away.

This year the teams are as strong as ever and should make for a good weekend of baseball. Im especially looking forward to Roth taking the mound to renew the nightmare that he created for the tigers last year in Omaha.
3/1/2011 8:54:49 AM
Topic:
SEC Team by Team Ace Comparisons

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
Stork,I thought I heard at one point that Webb would be the Friday night guy eventually this season, with Roth moving to Saturday. That was before opening day though so Ray may stick with Roth on Friday. Either way I like our Friday Sat starters. Hopefully Westy can have a solid year and solidify his role as the 3 guy
3/1/2011 5:37:17 PM
Topic:
Is there a bigger rivalry today than SC\Clemson?

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
Well there used to be a good SEC/ACC battle with uga vs gt but georgia decided to not field an entire pitching staff. I would love to play UNC but for some reason they dont want anything to do with us. Also I think that South Carolina is close to a deal to play nc state in 2013 at a neutral site on the border somewhere.
3/9/2011 10:13:18 AM
Topic:
South Carolina's Ray Tanner addresses Clemson

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
I was on the board just last week talking about how I respected clemson's baseball team, excluding Jack Legg. Once again this clown proves to be a whiny, classless punk who is looking for any way to bring down the gamecocks. Im so glad that Ray finally stood up and said something about his antics. Oh, and Will Lamb (aka softy) sure did back down when our soft third baseman called him out after acting like a douche on third after his triple. By the way he stuck out twice last night, once to a soft little freshman. Lost my respect for them this year by the way the handled the series this year.
edited by Spur-n-Omaha on 3/9/2011
3/9/2011 1:20:36 PM
Topic:
South Carolina's Ray Tanner addresses Clemson

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
haha nice try tigger. everyone in the stadium saw lamb back down after adrain showed him up. He fits in perfect in tigger town, retard. Oh and congrats and your women's volleyball win.
3/11/2011 12:33:01 PM
Topic:
SEC Power Poll Week 3.5

Spur-n-Omaha
Spur-n-Omaha
East

Vandy
South Carolina
Florida
Tennessee
Kentucky
Georgia