Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

beavos88 - all messages by user

6/18/2012 10:53:01 PM
Topic:
Ducks Draft Pick Carson Kelly Signs with Cardinals

beavos88
beavos88
Nope. Doesn't look like he was drafted out of HS but he was a highly rated recruit out of the state of WA and has great genes (dad was a Penn State football player). A super get.

It's good that you're proud..........to be a duck. Good for you.
6/18/2012 11:27:33 PM
Topic:
Florida vs Kent State

beavos88
beavos88
Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
I just watched the 9th inning on ESPN's replay. That pitching by Kent State was atrocious. If I were a Golden Flash fan, I would have died or destroyed something just watching 11 straight balls to lead off the inning. And that guy who was called out on the check swing SHOULD have been walked on the previous pitch, which was way outside. But I guess the home plate ump failed to call a couple other pitches that were much closer already. Still, Kent State was lucky.

And then they get to face either Arkansas again or South Carolina in a couple days.

I say it is fixed.. lol good for them I guess. If they go on and win it all, at least the ducks could say they got beat by the eventual national champions.. but you and I know that will never happen.

No one cares or remembers the losers. You got to win it. Or, you got to go to the CWS many times like the old Southern Cal teams, Stanford in the 80s/90s, Arizona State, LSU, or the old Oklahoma State teams (those Charlie Lau hitting fiends).

You remember the winner, though. I remember Fresno State. I remember Oregon State. I remember Pepperdine years back. LSU. I remember George Horton's Fullerton State 2004 team. But, I remember Augie Garrido's teams even more.

So what I'm trying to say is that your Ducks are doing good. But, Cal State Fullerton at Eugene ain't there yet. Not even UC Irvine circa 2007 close. .......even with Horton on the committee and Phil Knight bankrolling the team. Baseball is a little different. It's tough. It takes the right players, coaches, chemistry, etc. .......and a little luck. Like those golden flashes. I liken your Ducks to the Anteaters of UC Irvine. They started up their program in 2002 and made the CWS in 2007 and are pretty solid. Your ducks are so close, yet, so far away, especially with so many teams going after it in the pac. Good luck, Riverduck.
6/18/2012 11:53:48 PM
Topic:
FSU vs SB

beavos88
beavos88
Arizona is looking pretty good. They just rip basehits (though, i just watched their supers). They hit gaps left and right. 1-9, it seems, can just rake the ball.

Well, Florida is gone. Florida State may go down to UCLA, tomorrow.

South Carolina v. Kent State would be interesting. South Carolina may three-peat. Arkansas, not as heralded this year out of the SEC, is making a serious run. And is the ACC and Big 12 overrated this year? I mean Kendall kept whooping up A&M. I mean what happened to them?
6/25/2012 11:58:28 PM
Topic:
kendall's allstars

beavos88
beavos88
kyle zimmer of the university of san francisco was considered the best pitching prospect (at one time) in the country this year. even more coveted than appel in the bay area.

he went 5th overall in the draft.

he may not be a 1st teamer in the college ranks but the dude throws nasty cheese. he's a first teamer in the scouts' eyes.

i forget but they converted him from a position player to pitcher in college.

he's got some HEAT. good luck kyle!
6/26/2012 12:09:42 AM
Topic:
Congrats to UA! The Pac Ten(12) Pride!

beavos88
beavos88
Congrats also goes to South Carolina. A machine. 3rd straight CWS final.......Almost a 3-peat. Coming out of the toughest conference, the SEC.

Good year. Good show.

So what do you guys think? SEC is probably the toughest conference this year. Pac-Twelve is a two probably. Without UT, the Big 12 was down. ACC overrated and down.

Give it up to the left coast. Go CATS! Congrats!
6/26/2012 12:18:54 AM
Topic:
How many positions need to be filled by probable

beavos88
beavos88
departing Beavs?

1B Keyes
2B ??
SS Tyler Smith
3B ??
C Jake Rodriguez
RF Danny Hayes?? Or, is he DH
CF ??
LF Conforto

SP Adam Duke
SP Ben Wetzler
SP Dan Child
SP Jace Fry
SP Scott Schultz

RP Tony Bryant
RP Dylan Davis
RP Taylor Starr (medical redshirt)
RP Zach Reser

I think the Beavs are good to go to make a deep run.
6/26/2012 12:19:27 AM
Topic:
How many positions need to be filled by probable

beavos88
beavos88
next year.
6/26/2012 12:26:15 AM
Topic:
how many UA players batted over .350 over the

beavos88
beavos88
season? and how many players batted over .300 (it seemed 1-9.....maybe 8). crazy.
6/26/2012 12:47:47 AM
Topic:
Post Season Pac Predictions..

beavos88
beavos88
Is this for next year?

Two teams will get national seeds. In a perfect world (without this east coast bias), 6 teams should go to the tournament. The pac is that deep.

1 ASU (why? because they always bash)
2 OSU (going with my gut and the amount of arms coming back)
3 Stanford (why? they're due for another deep run)
4 Oregon
5 UA
6 SC
7 Wazzu
8 CAL
9 UCLA
10 Udub
11 Utah
6/26/2012 2:06:56 AM
Topic:
kendall's allstars

beavos88
beavos88
Appel is contemplating staying w/the Furdies next year.
6/26/2012 2:07:02 AM
Topic:
kendall's allstars

beavos88
beavos88
Appel is contemplating staying w/the Furdies next year.
6/27/2012 3:38:32 AM
Topic:
World Series Notes-Wildcats' title the school's 18

beavos88
beavos88
Track Town Pizza titles.
6/27/2012 3:39:30 AM
Topic:

beavos88
beavos88
ASU74 wrote:
June 26, 2012 Odds and ends after UA's 4-1 victory over South Carolina lifted it to a 2-0 sweep in the Championship Series and College World Series title Monday night in Omaha... *The NCAA baseball crown is the 18th national title in history and fourth in baseball (also 1976, 1980 and 1986), joining the Wildcats' previous titles in softball (8), women's golf (2) men's basketball, men's golf, men's swimming and diving and women's swimming and diving. *Arizona's four baseball titles rank fifth all-time among Division I programs, tying Cal State Fullerton and Miami (Fla.). Only Southern California (12, LSU (6), Texas (6 and Arizona State (5 have won more baseball titles than the Wildcats. *Arizona's CWS crown is the 16th for the Pac-12 Conference, a total which leads all conferences. *Arizona won its last 11 games and 18 of its last 20 in 2012, a great time of the year to get hot. *Head Coach Andy Lopez became only the second coach to win a Division I baseball national title at two different schools (Pepperdine, 1992). Augie Garrido is the only other coach to do so (Fullerton '79, '84 and '95; and with Texas '02 and '05). *Arizona became the 14th different team and ninth different school to win a national title without losing a game in the NCAA Tournament. Cal and USC (twice) are the only other Pac-12 schools to do so. *In each of the Wildcats' last four Championship Finals appearances, the squad came through with the prize. It had fallen in its first three national finals games (1956, '59, '63). *The short game helped the Cats get the title. It had 20 sac bunts during the NCAA Tournament. Opponents had zero, and third baseman Seth Mejias-Brean's force out at second on one sac attempt in the final South Carolina game helped get that done. *The Cats were the first team since 1957 -- in 55 years -- to have its starters in each CWS game pitch at least 7.1 innings. Onlyu four other teams had such stalwart starting pitching in the College World Series.

*Arizona outscored its opponents 47-12 in two-out RBI over its last 20 games.
6/27/2012 3:45:35 AM
Topic:

beavos88
beavos88
Got to give it up to Coach Lopez and his team. Lopez has revitalized the Cats baseball program. By all accounts a class coach. The Cats peaked perfectly. Their pitching held up and they hit the ball as usual. Super baseball team and coach. UA was always known as a basketball power. Now, add baseball to the list and maybe football with the hiring of Rich Rodriguez.
6/27/2012 3:47:39 AM
Topic:
Who was the biggest surprise in 2012?

beavos88
beavos88
Riverduck wrote:
Oregon.. Who would of thought with all their top players drafted, or graduated, with all the personnel changes through the year would make it to a super.. at home. With a seriously fat 46-19 record. Yeah, I'm partial.. but after that flirt with a possible CWS - anything but a CWS appearance will be a failure for the ducks.

Good luck.
6/27/2012 4:06:13 AM
Topic:
Who was the biggest surprise in 2012?

beavos88
beavos88
It has to be Stony Brook. Maybe St. Johns but they every now and then field a solid team. Kent State is a good program. I still would say Stony Brook and LSU taking it in the face.
I wouldn't say the following teams were surprises as much as how the committee just goes with past history and overrates the team/conference:

North Carolina........bust.
Miami.....bust.
UVA........bust.
Rice..........bust.
Baylor......bust.

And how the heck does Purdue/Miami/Oregon get a national seed?

Not a perfect system with the committee picking these teams. I assume there's some "politicking" going on with the picks.

Gawd. If Tulane had a halfway decent team they would immediately get a national seed coming from what conference??

Well, the best team won. Arizona Wildcats. Actually, no surprise there.
6/28/2012 1:15:12 AM
Topic:
Aaron Fitt of Baseball America - 2013 Forecast

beavos88
beavos88
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/postseason/college-world-series/2012/2613617.html
6/28/2012 1:20:06 AM
Topic:
Aaron Fitt of Baseball America - 2013 Forecast

beavos88
beavos88
yeah that's conforto.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/
6/28/2012 1:26:28 AM
Topic:
kendall's allstars

beavos88
beavos88
Have you seen the dude pitch? Uh, when I saw him, mid-90s cheese and he's just gettin started.
6/28/2012 1:27:37 AM
Topic:
kendall's allstars

beavos88
beavos88
ASU74 wrote:
Good for him. Education 1st!

No. Bad for the pac. Stanford will probably kick it up a notch next year.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7